1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon: Evolution Quest (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Aug 24, 2020.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39,251.3
    @SAF

"No--a general map of the land." Aine explained. 'A lair map for our final foe is on my to-do list."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Orange
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,069.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @WavePearl

Upon closer inspection, Aine was right -- it turned out that the layout in her map was of the mainland. "Right..." Blacky sounded disappointed, yes, but he was more disappointed on himself and his dumb moment rather than Aine. And yes, he immediately understood who she meant by "our final foe": the Sol Dragon King, hence his suggestion, "Then we should ask Master Josson for this one. He went there when I was, what, six?"

"You were about to hit seven back then," Josson chimed in with a rather amused tone in his voice. It was apparent that the Jolteon had been overhearing the convo. He then turned to Aine and added, "But yes, I've been there. Any questions? Ask away," he offered. And yes, Josson was about to rip off his metaphorical bandaid for this one.

"If I may, I also have notes on the older accounts back at the guild," Mawile of the Expedition Society offered, referring to the records from those who had fought the Sol Dragon King before Josson's team all those years ago. "And a map of the lair too, if anyone's interested."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4662 Jun 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2024
    WavePearl likes this.
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39,251.3
    @SAF

Aine perked up at Mawile's offer. "If it's okay, may I have a look at those?" she asked. Deep down, she was thrilled--research wouldn't take so long this time!

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Orange
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,069.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Friendly reminder: we're still on the way out from Spikeford.)

"Of course," Mawile nodded at her fellow fairy-type. "Once we get to Kickenham, meet me at the guild and we'll talk more, okay?" she extended the offer to Aine's teammates as well.

In response to this offer, Blacky nodded with a thanks to Mawile. He then drifted closer to Xuehua while being all fidgety. "Hey, uh... sorry for overhearing your talks with Atelier back there," he whispered, trying to make it to the point that not even his master could hear it. "Should I call you Xuehua like we always do? Or do you prefer Jingye?"

#4664 Jun 12, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2024
    WavePearl likes this.
  5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 42
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,532.9
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    She took a moment to consider it. After everything that happened, would she have the right to keep that name? Was she bound back to what she'd been called at birth? Or... if it was really her choice now, what her path was?

The decision wasn't too hard after that.

"Xuehua. Jingye is truly dead now," she said. "and Xuehua is what my friends call me."

SAF, 122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Orange
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,069.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Hearing the Glaceon's answer, Blacky nodded in a mix of understanding and approval. "Xuehua it is, then," he smiled. Seeing that the whole Jingye deal was Xuehua's story to tell, Blacky silently vowed to keep the secret to himself until the Glaceon herself was ready to reveal it. Also, did she just say "and Xuehua is what my friends call me"? If she really did and Blacky's ears didn't deceive him, it would be really nice coming from a fiery Glaceon mage whose revenge had just been sated.

@WavePearl @ChocoChicken @122 Generation

With that out of the way, Elio safely led everyone out from Spikeford via the closest entry point from where the dark barrier previously was (said barrier should've been dispersed by now). And after one farewell hug between Elio and Celine, everyone parted ways with Aine's group tagging along with Josson and the Expedition Society to their next destination: Kickenham.

And by then the sun started to shine.

(Any on-the-road convos are welcome here in case you guys wanna ask anyone about anything IC.)

#4666 Jun 22, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2024
    122 Generation and ChocoChicken like this.
  7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39,251.3
    @SAF

(How much does Aine know about the final dragon, if anything?)

8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Orange
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,069.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Depending on how much Aine had jotted down on her notes. Maybe you can use some of the Sol DK-related things I've spilled via DMs and/or OOC thread?

And oh, if you need more details on that, I'm just one DM away. :thumbsup:)

WavePearl likes this.
  9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39,251.3
    @SAF

(She has copious notes, but isn't sure what is true and what is hearsay.)

10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Orange
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,069.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (In that case, the Society's Mawile can help sort it out if Aine asks. Or if her notes are about the latest attempt on the dragon's life, Josson can help too considering he'd lived that experience. Either way, you'll need to specify which part of the notes Aine's asking about and I'll respond accordingly.)

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39,251.3
    @SAF

Aine studied her pages of notes. "Is there someone that can explain what is true here, and what is just rumor?"

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Orange
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,069.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    This time it was Mawile who perked up at Aine's question. "Oh? Can I have a look?" she asked Aine for her notes. And once it was given up, the historian would study the particular pages Aine was showing and figure out whether the rumours were true or not.

(Tl;dr, Mawile wants to see Aine's notes. If Aine obliges, what would be written in the notes? This will affect what Mawile (and maybe Josson) would say about it.)

#4672 Jun 22, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2024
  13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39,251.3
    @SAF

Aine offered her notes to Mawile. "Here you are--this is a compilation of what I have found in books, and any rumors on the road that might be credible."

14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Orange
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,069.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Mawile gratefully took the notes from Aine and began to read it with Blacky curiously looming over her. What kind of rumours would they find there, I wonder?

WavePearl likes this.
  15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽21,148.2
    Atelier had remained unusually quiet throughout the whole journey after evacuating from Spikeford. After all the chaos that had happened and the fact that Spikeford's fate was in the hands of the Hydreigon-led resistance - and further amplified by the fact that he had gone through all night without sleep - Atelier's brain was simply worn out. He needed to get some rest.

Nevertheless, he welcomed the shining sun breaking across the sky as he walked with his companions, which was a high contrast to the scenery behind them with Spikeford continuing to be cloaked in darkness (despite the dark barrier having disappeared). It helped him to wake up a little, but he hadn't felt this tired since that time when he passed out from pulling an all-nighter to plan a strategy in Keelford. How long had that been? Now he had really pulled off an all-nighter from participating in a campaign, and it was even more tiring. Even if he could create a cup of coffee now, he expected his brain would shut down moments later. Were he not so tired or sleepy, he would have tuned into the conversation that Aine was having with Mawile!

Unfortunately for him, the literal voice in his mind - Brynhildr's voice - was keeping him awake along with the fact that Mochi had left him with Xuehua's journal. What was he going to do with it? Give it back to Xuehua now? He listened in to the conversations on the road. From what he see between Blacky and Xuehua - although he couldn't hear it - Blacky was being all fidgety. It must be something private, Atelier reckoned.

"Hmm... Have you ever thought of making it up to her yet? You owe her," Brynhildr said. "The Umbreon knows what's up. Like, even he's poking at her. You're going to Kickenham, right? You better do something, or I'll make you."

Atelier shook his head. Even the thought of doing that made him nervous. Also, how could Brynhildr possibly know what Blacky was saying? "I'll think of something..." he mumbled. While that was one way to make him stay awake, he was briefly shocked when he heard the sound of fire-breathing and felt the heat that came with it.

"Eheheh... Sorry, I was hungry," Swirlix said, having eaten a Blast Seed from her snack bag.

Balance: 20,900C
    Inventory: ?x Books and Novels, 1x Journal, 1x Strategy Book, 1x Middle Rune of the Moon, 1x Watera Tome (SotS), 1x Lunar Tome (CdL), 1x Firaga Tome, 1x Ethereal Grimoire, Steel Short Sword, 10x Geo Pebbles, 9x Gravelerocks, 1x Thundara Gauntlets, 1x Potion of Fire, 2x Aloe Vera, 1x Kettle and Cup Set, 4x High quality coffee beans, 1x Xuehua's Journal
    Equipped: Eevee Scarf

WavePearl and SAF like this.
  16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Orange
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,069.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Of course panic ensued at the sudden fire-breathing fiasco. Mawile reflexively held Aine's notes close to her so they wouldn't be burned and most of everyone else -- dunno about Aine and Xuehua -- were understandably startled. And then there's Celine, their resident fire mage, who angrily went up to the perpetrator despite the heat in the air around the party. "What in blazes did you just eat?!" she yelled at her ever-hungry guildmate.

"Don't tell me that was a Blast Seed," Josson disapprovingly said, his no-nonsense disposition after the initial shock not helping the situation. As if on cue, the other members of the Society ganged up on poor Swirlix, much to the older knight's exasperation as well as the guildmaster's ("Friends, please--").

#4676 Jun 24, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2024
  17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39,251.3
    @SAF @122 Generation

Aine jumped in surprise at the fire. But once she saw that the culprit was a hungry Swirlix and a Blast Seed, she nervously giggled in embarrassment.

18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Orange
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,069.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @WavePearl

Sighing at her guildmates' shenanigans, Mawile opened Aine's notebook again. It took her awhile to find the relevant pages -- and when she did, the first thing she saw was a list of potential underlings of the Sol Dragon King which made her frown. "Potential" because the list was so very long to the point that Aine had to make it two columns in a page. Turning to the minstrel, Mawile couldn't help but to ask, "Did you really list all of the dragon's minions from the past records?"

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39,251.3
    @SAF

Aine sweatdropped at Mawile's question. "Not truly all of them--just all the unique ones.'

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Orange
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,069.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @WavePearl @ChocoChicken @122 Generation

Now trying oh-so-hard to not sigh again, the resident historian explained, "The thing about this Dragon King is, some of his minions are those who previously sought his demise only to end up meeting their own instead." Both knights (one full-fledged, one in-training) grimaced at this explanation. And as if that's not enough, Mawile turned to Blacky and added, "So you, sir, will need to be careful -- especially with your emotions."

WavePearl likes this.