1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon: Evolution Quest (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Aug 24, 2020.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @SAF

The closest shrine was dedicated to Victini. Not surprisingly, many warriors were leaving offerings in hopes of victory in battle.

@122 Generation

"Hello! the Espeon in charge of the bookshop smiled as she put a few new arrivals on display. "If you see something you like, or want to know more about a specific book, let us know. If I don't have the book you need, I can look for someone that does."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Xuehua, seeing as the others left, immediately rushed for the mage guild. This time, she was set on learning a new water spell first - why hadn't she thought of that earlier? Hands-on learning was the best way to learn, so far as she was concerned.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    The Victini statue at the shrine soon drew Blacky's attention. As with any other warriors, he left his own offering and prayed for the group's smooth endeavors.

4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @ChocoChicken

(what kind of water elemental spell does Xuehua want to learn? This will help the archmage teach her.)

5. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Atelier smiled back the Espeon. "Well... I'm looking for tomes for combat, and I wouldn't mind seeing the new releases for novels." He checked his bag and hauled out his remaining tomes, the ones he had previously used against the Dragon Kings, plus the Ethereal Grimoire. "I was wondering, actually, if these could be exchanged for new tomes? Oh, and I'd like to know how this grimoire works."

Albeit the tomes were not in great shape since they had been used.

Balance: 26,050C
    Inventory: ?x Books and Novels, 1x Journal, 1x Strategy Book, 1x Fire Tome, 1x Ice Tome, Ethereal Grimoire, 1x Steel Short Sword, 10x Geo Pebbles, 22x Gravelerocks
    Equipped: None

6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @122 Generation

"An Ethereal Grimoire is actually a very powerful tome--best hang onto this." the shopkeep replied. "Its spells are of every elemental."

7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "Very well." Atelier put the grimoire away. "Now, do you have any water-based tomes? I'd like one of those."

(I imagine the grimoire has spells akin to Hydro Cannon and Frenzy Plant)

WavePearl and SAF like this.
  8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Unlike back at the Shaymin shrine, Blacky didn't really expect to see Victini anytime soon. I mean, his meeting with Shaymin was totally unexpected to begin with, right?

He went to look for the local priest instead.

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @SAF

The Flareon priestess saw Blacky approaching. "Hail, hero--what leads you to this house of Victini?"

10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    (I suppose she'd start with something simple, like the Water Gun equivalent.)

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @ChocoChicken @122 Generation

(I'd imagine moves like Water Pulse and Razor Leaf--intermediate level moves for this stage of the adventure

122 Generation likes this.
  12. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Having studied more of the grimoire, Atelier thanked the Espeon for her help. Then he set about buying a small blue tome which should contain some more intermediate water spells.

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @122 Generation

500 credits later, Atelier now had a copy of "Secrets of the Sea", a tome of water magic. The next question was which one of the spells inside to learn first?"

14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Atelier bowed politely. "Thanks very much!" He took the tome with him and went to sit outside to read it. There had to be something useful that he could use for the upcoming battle.

Balance: 25,550C
    Inventory: ?x Books and Novels, 1x Journal, 1x Strategy Book, 1x Fire Tome, 1x Ice Tome, 1x Water Tome (SotS), Ethereal Grimoire, 1x Steel Short Sword, 10x Geo Pebbles, 22x Gravelerocks
    Equipped: None

WavePearl likes this.
  15. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Well... I just gave an offering to Victini," Blacky scratched the back of his head. He took the Undine's Tear out and showed it to the priestess despite being not so sure if this was the right place for what he's about to ask. "I heard this can summon Primarina -- is it true?"

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @SAF

The priestess nodded. "What you have heard is true. Keep it with you for a battle against a fire monster. There are many more just like it."

17. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    One down, several more to go. Now Blacky wanted to know how to use the tear and see if it's usable even for a lowly squire like him.

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @SAF

The Flareon priestess sighed. "Unfortunately, I do not know the incantation required to summon Primarina..."

19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Ah, okay..." Blacky's ears drooped. "Maybe I should check a mage guild out..."

20. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    The book Atelier was reading came with a handful of useful spells. Bubblebeam, Water Pulse, and Aqua Jet were among the selections available. He could only have a finite amount of spells, though he could always replenish the book if he needed to. But Atelier hadn't gotten down all the spells yet by heart, so he would have to reread them another time.