1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Aug 16, 2020.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    And even better if it's conducted by the Diamond Song Hall of minstrels which (iirc) Aine's a member of~ :D

One question though, what do you mean by "a more Blacky-focused fight"?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    @SAF Well, if the death of his mentor is a major plot point that will happen during the fight, I imagine the fight would be focused around him at that point? It is a big event for his story specifically. (Assuming we're still going with that plot.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Well, well, welly well...

While I still have no qualms of going with that plot, we still have this to consider:
    Assuming we use 122's combat system in the Sol DK's two-phase battle, I'd say the first phase would end either in 10 turns or upon Josson's (i.e. Blacky's mentor's) death, whichever comes first. If by the end of 10th turn Josson is still alive, Aine can use her Swanna Song to kickstart the second phase a la + - Azura's special song   in FE: Fates' finale.

4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    That sounds like a fair compromise to me, but then again depends on the host. Wave, your thoughts?

122 Generation and SAF like this.
  5. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @ChocoChicken

That works fine by me--now I'm excited for this part

6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Okay, so I went on a nostalgia trip and reread the entire RP. I regret nothing. And it also gave me some food for thought:

- Aine did learn a song from the Earth Dragon lair early on that allowed her to basically -send monsters and the Earth Dragon to the shadow realm- have the same effect as the Swanna Song (judging by the last few posts of Jewels of the Aether, but 122 can probably speak to that more.) The party expressed interest in researching it considering it could be the work of another minstrel that managed to make it into the lair but not back out. Combined with the idea of Aine's test being learning the Swanna Song, it could be that this song is an early version of such a smiting song, and further looking into the research of said bards would lead to Aine finding the Swanna Song?

- I completely forgot that Xuehua picked up Magique. But given her preference for the staff, I think ultimately it might end up better with Atelier for the journey. I have something planned for that, though. She'll get back to the orb once she has time to learn new spells and the like.

- Completely forgot that the Dragon Kings were capable of talking. To be fair most of the time when they showed up there were already weapons drawn and pointed so there wouldn't be a point in talking there haha

- If I had a nickel for every time Xuehua misunderstood the purpose of an item given to her, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice. (Mistaking the Orb for a grenade or bomb, and the gauntlets for a weapon... you know what, that very much falls in line with her vengeful tendencies)

- Did I give Xuehua Ice Beam? I mentioned it early on, but I don't remember it being in her spell list - if she does have it, guess she hasn't been using it.

- Just wanted to point out Atelier's comment on his own obliviousness while reading his romance novel, not sure if anything was meant there haha (if he has any feelings for Xuehua I don't think they're going to be reciprocated, RIP Atelier). Also it's kind of funny - while both Atelier and Xuehua are bookworms, their choice in novel early on reflects what they're more like at their core (Xuehua the embittered mage preferring murder mysteries)

- amogus blacky

- "Blacky passed out. A lot happened and he's tired af." Mood, Blacky. Mood

- Man, remember when I hadn't refined Xuehua's story and she was from Kickenham because I hadn't checked the list well enough?

- I should have remembered Aine's warning about caffeine. I am up at 1am after drinking too much tea. I regret everything.

And some fun facts about Xuehua:
    - I originally wanted Xuehua's name to literally be "snow flower". I am just that bad at the language that I did not realize it was the word for "snowflake". We were at like page 20 before I realized this and never said anything about it out of shame AFJDKFSJK
    - I'm still not revealing what cast of characters (yes, select traits were taken from a whole cast) she was based on. You will never know. Trust me. It's real obscure.
    - Though I will say that her spellcasting methods were inspired by The Owl House.

122 Generation, SAF and WavePearl like this.
  7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Looking back into her spell list, I don't see Ice Beam there, so...

Mood, indeed. :sleep:

And that had me wonder how Blacky and <Xuehua's old name> might know each other before you revised Xuehua's origin. :hello:

S'cuse me, wat? :/:

8. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    At one point you made a post that went kind of like "Blacky wanted to slap a piece of paper that said 'DUM' on it on his face" and clarified that that was an Among Us reference. I am not sorry for reminding you.

9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Thanks for reminding me though. I just plain forgot when I asked that. :D

And one thing I forgot to comment on earlier:
    As much as I want to, Blacky's neither a minstrel nor a bookworm, so him researching about it is a bit...

Btw @WavePearl, city-wise, where does Aine come from? Her origin, I mean.

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @SAF

To be honest, I haven't really thought about it--where in our fantasy Galar would you think would fit best?

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    I mean, in this case it might be Aine's test, so that job might be tailored to her specifically. Speaking of tests, I also considered another "test of preparation" for Xuehua but I'll wait until the Ludester arc is over to share my thoughts, as it may have to do more with the Spikeford boss. So long as Wave is okay with the ideas I put out - speaking of which, would you prefer I DM them or just put them in this thread?

The Diamond Hall is from Kickenham, but then Aine seems like she hasn't been there before, considering she'd never entered the Royal Archives. And judging by the part where her base was in Summerton (Summerton was where we started, right?), I think it's fair to say she would be from there.

WavePearl and SAF like this.
  12. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    That's pretty impressive that you read through the RP again! Makes me wonder if I should do the same.

Jewels of the Aether! That really brings me back. Old times.

Ah, Atelier probably has little feelings for Xuehua in that sense. But he does have an eye for others' morale. That said, he just might gift Xuehua some books to ensure she is not insane :sweat:

Try the Atelier style of pulling an all-nighter while designing a strategy... He needs more coffee than most.

13. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    NO DON'T JOIN MY INSANITY I'LL HAVE TO START PAYING RENT /j

...but it does take a lot longer than you think

Haha, didn't that one start before I even joined the site? Might have ended before that too even!

Fair enough, though he might be too late to stop her spiral /j
    Though I do sometimes think "dang, she really did start going" while rereading my past posts. Well, whatever happens to her in the future will happen

#413 Dec 5, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    SAF, WavePearl and 122 Generation like this.
  14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @SAF @122 Generation @ChocoChicken

Once this one finishes, I have some SV fantasy adventure ideas in the wings, but explaining them would touch on spoiler territory

15. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    In that case, maybe the Diamond Hall has a Summerton branch? Or maybe Aine had previously gone to Kickenham but had no time to visit the Royal Archives back then?

WavePearl likes this.
  16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Anywho, how about reimagining our MCs as Among Us crewmates? >:)

Xuehua
    upload_2022-12-7_8-4-59.png
    Xuehua without cape:
    upload_2022-12-7_8-5-17.png

Aine
    upload_2022-12-7_8-5-37.png
    If Aine were a normal Sylveon:
    upload_2022-12-7_8-6-4.png

Blacky
    upload_2022-12-7_8-6-22.png
    Blacky in his dumb moments:
    upload_2022-12-7_8-6-35.png

Atelier
    upload_2022-12-7_8-6-50.png
    Atelier without cape:
    upload_2022-12-7_8-7-3.png

(Here's the Picrew I use)

122 Generation and ChocoChicken like this.
  17. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    ok so with indirect encouragement from Lassus I'm gonna let my insanity leak into this RP discussion real quick

I AM A PROPHET THE AMOGUS IS UPON US

#417 Dec 6, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Oh gosh. Have you gone mad, Choco, SAF?! The imposters are real.

SAF likes this.
  19. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Okay, but back on topic - do y'all think we should skip to night for now, and then have everyone regroup at the inn? It seems like so far everyone's business for the day is done, unless anyone has any objections that is

WavePearl likes this.
  20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @ChocoChicken

I have no qualms to fast fowarding things to night