1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Aug 16, 2020.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    That would be a little crazy if the iceberg was the Dragon. I had intended for the Dragon King to appear at the top of the dungeon (like PMD style), but whatever works. Clearly, I've been too fatigued all week to write anything :I

WavePearl likes this.
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Right. I'll have a post up in a bit...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    @SAF

Sounds like Blacky is turning into a melee version of Atelier!

5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Ahahah, perhaps... I think. Sol spellblade is still out of his league for now -- he only has the weapon. :sweat:

Btw you forgot Aine's attack. Are you waiting for @WavePearl to translate the Bright Shower thing into Aine's action IC? It does sound like FFTA2's Ultima scion to me.

#505 Apr 26, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    Ah. I wasn't sure if Aine used the same attack. Oh well, I'll go and edit it anyway.

7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
  8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @WavePearl @ChocoChicken @122 Generation

Now that we're about to wrap up the Ice DK arc, lemme try to sum up our brain dumps for the last two dragons...
    • The lair here might as well be a "evil magic school" where Xuehua studied before she became the ice mage of RP present, thus leading to the allegiance and the threats against her life when it was found out she was going against them. It could be like the giant secret basement that nobody really knows about. Choco's idea, not mine.
    • Xuehua's former mentor(s) as enemies (though whether they're gonna recognize her is up to Choco) considering her backstory.
    • Unless the "secret" part of "giant secret basement" actually applies, I'd imagine the school staffs might cast some sort of magic to show the DK's fights to the students whenever someone comes into the basement with the intention to slay him. This is originally intended to strengthen the students' faith to their dragon overlord by showing them his prowess, though there may be unexpected consequences should said dragon actually dies instead.
    • Zorua line (either Unovan or Hisuian) disguising as other inhabitants of the lair (mostly shadow-types) to mess with intruders.
    • For some reason I randomly imagined Blacky's luna-oriented Spirit Shackle (or Aine's if she actually can) being pitted against a random archer's shadow-oriented one. This random archer can be a Decidueye or something -- preferably someone on the DK's side.
    • Some potential loots:
      • Shadow Shade Tome, a tome containing ghost and dark type moves not associated with luna. Y'know, stuff like Hex, Ominous Wind, Dark Pulse, and/or maybe Baddy Bad too.
      • I did mention Brynhildr previously, but that's more of a nature-earth (like, grass/bug type) tome with a little dark spin. Whether the "dark" part is luna or shadow depends on the user's allegiance.
      • Scrolls for some dark-, ghost-, and/or poison-type moves as well as dark-oriented ones regardless of actual types (e.g. Bitter Blade despite being a fire-type)
    • Unlike other towns/cities/villages/whatever, Spikeford townsfolk's reactions to the DK's downfall will vary. True followers of Shadow DK will rage in fury, while those who only "support" him due to societal pressure will celebrate it. This, in turn, will cause Spikeford to devolve into chaos and our heroes will have to evacuate ASAP.
    • Would it make sense if we throw illusions of paradox mons in as the DK's minions? I'm thinking of having at least the ancient ones in because they have Protosynthesis (or in Koraidon's case, Orichalcum Pulse) which involves harsh sunlight befitting a sol-oriented dragon.
    • Blacky's master as a one-time ally (like Angus the Lanturn in the Water DK arc) considering his backstory.
      • That, or the Jolteon knight might want to pull a Meta Knight in Flower Power (a Kirby episode) by covertly monitoring our main squad and sometimes assisting them from afar. We do need to set up a hopeless situation or two during the campaign, though.
    • Two rounds of boss battle: first round with ???/??? and second round with a definite number for the Dragon King's HP. The cutoff between these two rounds will be either the death of Blacky's master or the end of the first round's 10th turn, whichever comes first. If by the end of 10th turn he's still alive, Aine can use her Swanna Song to kickstart the second phase a la Azura's special song in FE: Fates' finale.

#508 May 1, 2023
    Last edited: May 7, 2023
    WavePearl likes this.
  9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Oh, by the way - I also had this one idea for a backstory NPC who will take the Shadow Dragon's side during the fight - a Shiny Mismagius, and a former teacher of Xuehua's.

Personality-wise, not too complicated - just a power-hungry woman who is ready to do whatever it takes, and gangs up with the winning side. Consider her a warlock to Xuehua's wizardry. She's cruel and manipulative, and sees Xuehua as a failure of her to raise a good successor. And if it works, she can also be the headmistress of the school.
    I've been calling her Miss Magius the Golden Eye of the Dragon, in my head but I'm sure someone else can do better?

Finally, for the fight itself, I'd propose a group fight - rather than everyone against the King (and possibly also Miss Magius), there might be a few minions on his side as well, with each one defeated also possibly sapping some of his health to balance it out for a mechanic.

122 Generation, WavePearl and SAF like this.
  10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Oooh, nice. Think she would've heard of our MCs beforehand?

And here I am, thinking that a Decidueye with shadow-oriented Spirit Shackle would work for one of the minions. Dunno about y'all though.

11. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @SAF @ChocoChicken

Here's an idea for you--rather than battle Shadow DK directly, every major minion you defeat weakens him, and you defeat him if you defeat enough minions?

ChocoChicken likes this.
  12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Ooh, now there's a really interesting idea. I imagine the Shadow Dragon would look something like Bonetail from Paper Mario TTYD.
    There could be a warlock-y explanation of that, too. Maybe the Dragon itself is undead, living on through Miss Magius and the shadow school and all.

We might need a name for the school. Any suggestions?

WavePearl likes this.
  13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
  14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    @ChocoChicken

Ayyyy Bonetail! Old times.

So in the case of the Shadow Dragon King, we'll have more than one opponent. No problems there, but combat will take more time to process, for the record. Else, it would be just a set of mini-bosses throughout the lair instead. Speaking of the lair, I was thinking along the lines of Zelda's Shadow Temple - which basically is a prison.

As for a name, how about School of the Dark Arts? (Sounds Harry Potter-ish, I know)

15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Miss Magius would probably have heard of a band of Eeveelutions. And she would probably ban them from the town, prompting the team to have to disguise themselves, maybe. If the host doesn't want somethin that high-staked, she could also just allow them to walk in, but set tons of traps and prepares to crush them herself.

Sure, the Decidueye could be an assassin working for the school.

@122 Generation
    Yeah, I can work with a group of mini-bosses, with probably 2 or 3 being the "final boss", including Miss Magius, who will be taunting the party as they crawl through the dungeon.

For the school, how about we combine both names for "Shadowblight Academy of the Dark Arts"?

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    So I've been wondering about both the resistance's and the Expedition Society's roles here. I'd imagine the resistance had already tried to fight the Shadow DK before but managed to flee before getting killed themselves -- more or less like Angus back in Water DK arc, so they might know what to expect from the fight. And as for the Society, the resistance probably asked for their help to hopefully invoke, as Ando once worded it in another RP, the illusion of an advantage from more people joining in.

And that's where Sir Josson comes in. Having kept in touch with Blacky throughout the RP off-screen, he might as well offer some full-body cloaks for the disguise once our MCs meet him. For those whose default outfit is a cloak, whether they'll switch cloaks or wear the new ones over their current ones will be up to y'all.

About the school names, I'm honestly drawing a blank, but the Shadowblight one sounds cool. I mean, "School of the Dark Arts" sounds too... classic and Harry Potter fans might want to think of Durmstrang for this one.

WavePearl likes this.
  17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    I almost forgot that we could factor in the Expedition Society there. Perhaps the party could visit the Expedition Society first for supplies and intelligence, and so on. Or maybe they could meet Sir Josson there too.

Shadowblight it is, then! Suppose we could steer clear of Durmstrang for the time being...

@WavePearl

Waiting for spoils for the rest of us IC

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
  19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    That works too. Just keep in mind that their base is originally in Kickenham (with Dedenne and Jirachi staying behind like in PSMD) and they'd want to set up a camp not far from Spikeford for this one.

I do remember mentioning a component of the Sword of the Stars -- just need a help to describe the thing. Otherwise, will see what @ChocoChicken and @122 Generation want first.

20. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Hm. I think Xuehua is honestly fully decked out as of this point. I think the most she can do is something for spell learning so I can finally rework Ice Beam into her moveset, possibly alongside Powder Snow and/or Aurora Veil.