1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Aug 16, 2020.

1. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Well, we don't have a set-in-stone for the necromancer. I could make it any one of the options we pull out. And right now we all seem to be looking at different mons, so...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    WavePearl likes this.
  2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    In that case, I don't mind rolling with Dragalge (Choco's idea) and Weavile (Wave's idea) for our last two minibosses. And for some reason I might as well imagine either Cofagrigus or Dusknoir for our necromancer while at it.

Btw, an unrelated question to host @WavePearl: Is it possible to TP someone/something with a Song of the Wind while leaving the user behind?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF

(Dusknoir makes sense, especially when you consider its lore.

Yes, that is possible, but Aine can currently only do this for a short distance.

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Aight then. Not that Aine needs to worry about that -- I'll just have someone else (a Sneasler minstrel came to mind, but we'll see) TP Aine and co. that way right before the final boss unless you people can be more creative with how the NPCs would push our MCs forward by then. :thumbsup:

#544 May 16, 2023
    Last edited: May 16, 2023
    WavePearl likes this.
  5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Hmm. That would up the miniboss count to six instead of five, though. Should I cut Zoroark?
    Then we'll have Weavile (Boss 1), Dragalge (Boss 2), then Miss Magius, Cofagrigus (possibly Runerigus?), and Decidueye in the final showdown.

Could also keep Zoroark for Round 2, then have Weavile and Decidueye team up for a ninja-esque showdown for Round 1, and move Dragalge to take Decidueye's place in the final fight.

WavePearl likes this.
  6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    Crikey. I've been lagging behind on the OOC thread here! I must be short on time...
    I'll reserve my opinion as I think having the three of you sort it out would be much simpler. Only thing I could imagine is if the necromancer showed up, there will be a horde of Void Shadows to deal with.

Also, as Choco put it, if Ampharos bumped into Atelier, Atelier would probably pass out.

7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I'd say this should do nicely on paper. But then again, whatever we'll end up doing, I hope whoever running the numbers would be okay with it.

So much brain dumps happening here~ :hello:

And that's where the support party comes in. If anything, the necromancer's bound to be distracted from their Void Shadows controlling once our MCs confront them along with the other two. :thumbsup:

#547 May 16, 2023
    Last edited: May 17, 2023
    122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @WavePearl @ChocoChicken @122 Generation

Anyway, now that we're transitioning between Ludester and Spikeford arcs, I can think of two alternatives on how our MCs will enter Spikeford:
    1. The Kickenham gang (i.e. members of the Expedition Society plus Josson) had already set up a camp just outside Spikeford by the time they meet our MCs and Chief Ampharos, then someone from the resistance will meet everyone and take them to the underground base; or
    2. Our MCs and Chief Ampharos will only meet Josson and someone from the resistance upon arrival -- the other members of the Expedition Society are already in the underground base.
    Which one would you rather go with?

9. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF

I like option A the best...

10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    Agreed.

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Aight then. The "Kickenham gang camping" route, it is. :thumbsup:

On an even less serious note, I'd imagine the PSMD casts in this RP are voiced by Mr. Marriland in his PSMD playthrough. :D

WavePearl likes this.
  12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Sooo, about this three-way convo, have more context:

About Josson and Alys Sir Josson's wife, Alys the childless Kangaskhan, runs an orphanage in Kickenham. She wanted to have a lot of kids but couldn't biologically do so (which is quite sad for a Kangaskhan), so the couple decided to take unfortunate kids in and turn their home into an orphanage.

About Spikeford resistance I remember discussing a rough timeline for the Spikeford resistance with @ChocoChicken and that's with me assuming they have connections with Ludester and Kickenham guilds by now. But since our DMs were quite messy, lemme copy-paste the important bits instead:
    • End of Summerton arc: Spikeford resistance was formed
    • Keelford arc, during the 12 (?) days wait before the boss fight: the resistance's first contact with Ludester guild
    • End of Steamington arc, right before the interlude: the resistance's first contact with Kickenham guild
    • Throughout the RP, the two guilds (coincidentally) took turns to provide their assistances to the resistance, so they ended up having more than enough time to deduce who Aine's squad are:
      • Aine herself;
      • Two mage foreigners (Atelier and Xuehua, though they might not know the former's tactician side and that the latter is actually from Spikeford); and
      • A young warrior from Kickenham (Blacky)
    • As soon as the gang arrived at Ludester, the guild there let the resistance know about it, so they specifically asked for help from Kickenham guild once again (albeit failing to factor Josson in since he's not a member there) knowing that one of the heroes is from there and thinking it'd be nice to have some familiar people to help.

#552 May 24, 2023
    Last edited: May 25, 2023
  13. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    That makes sense to me.

14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @WavePearl @122 Generation @ChocoChicken

So we already had some Crown Tundra stuff in the RP but haven't incorporated the Kubfu line (and maybe some Isle of Armor stuff) in here. Any plans to do that?

15. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF

The Isle of Armor we can probably work in before the next major arc (be warned--there will be MUCH more than what was actually there)

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Like, maybe the "ghouls in the Cathedral of Eternal Light" rumor reworked in an IoA-like setting? Or maybe for some other side quest?

17. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF

I have a different side quest planned...

SAF likes this.
  18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Aight, we'll see it when we get there. :thumbsup:

Anywho, I forgot to say that @ChocoChicken and @122 Generation have been away for a good while. Have some Discord screenshots:
    upload_2023-6-2_6-42-25.png
    upload_2023-6-2_6-43-9.png
    (Note that the timestamps here are in UTC+7 and the censored bits in 122's part are unrelated stuff.)

We'll see if they want an IoA-related side quest in this RP once they come back. :thumbsup:

WavePearl likes this.
  19. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF

If they do want an Isle of Armor quest, I would probably introduce it as a training arc--we are approaching this RP's finale...

SAF likes this.
  20. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    No objections! Also, I finally have a moment to check out what’s been happening heheh

Also, I agree that the background of Alys the Kangaskhan is tragic indeed.

WavePearl likes this.