1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Gold and Silver coming to 3DS

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Azazel, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    So, like the 1st gen did, the 2nd gen is coming to the E-Store!
    Will you get them?

2. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I might, depending on how expensive it is.
    I'm not in too much of a hurry though, especially when I think back to how I never completed Pokémon Yellow as well.
    Still, it's nice to see the old games getting more love as well!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I'm assuming that GS will be the same price as RBY was when it released for the Eshop. I'm looking forward to these, and even though I won't play them, it's good to know that I can get some Johto Pokémon in SM&USM!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I'm really looking forward to Gold and Silver finally coming to the 3DS eShop. To be honest, I had actually been anticipating an eventual re-release of Generation II's games to Virtual Console almost as soon as Generation I's games were announced for the 3DS.

Too bad Crystal isn't included in the release, but from an article that I read about Crystal's features that were specific to Japan, I can pretty much understand why.

For once, though, most of us with a 3DS family system that have played Gold/Silver in the past on a Game Boy (Color) will be able to do so again with the added benefit of not having to worry about a save battery running dry (which is a problem with all of the Generation I and II games, but is especially bad in Gold and Silver due to said battery also running the real-time clock), not to mention, assuming the price of VC Gold/Silver is similar to the re-releases of R/G/B/Y, be more accessible to players, given how incredibly expensive and scarce used copies of HeartGold/SoulSilver are.

Given that I traded in my Generation I and II Game Boy Pokémon games in January 2006 (with the idea that I wanted to get out of Pokémon), my Pokélife will essentially be complete once I'm able to buy the Gold and Silver eShop downloads, in that I will be able to play these classics legally on an actual Nintendo system once again without having to resort to the shady tactic of using PC-based emulators.

5. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I'm honestly pretty bummed that Crystal isn't coming to the eShop. =c It was by far my favorite, and playing GS almost feels incomplete. Gah. Well, whatever the case, I'll probably buy both to relive nostalgia since Johto was an absolutely beautiful region.

6. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I'll probably get them. I always loved the second generation even though third is my favorite. Probably wont get RB if I get GS, never could really get into the first generation

7. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I'm looking forward to it and I will be going back and getting gold version. This news is something I anticipated but it still makes me very happy. I will have a hard time sleeping when it comes out lol.

8. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    While it was interesting hearing about it, I don't think I'll get it, for the sole reason that I have Heartgold already and love it. I think it's making want to play it more though, so yeah... I haven't even beaten Yellow yet though, lol.

9. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Gold makes me feel so nostalgic. My first solo adventure. But I do not think I am going to buy it. I have so many games I still need to complete.

10. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Definitely! I'm excited to catch some Pokes and transfer them over with hidden abilities. The nostalgia is nice too!

11. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    I'll be getting Silver for the memories. I'm surprised they aren't putting Crystal on the E-Shop since they added Yellow.