1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon: Jewels of the Aether (Signups and discussion)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Jan 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @[member="WavePearl"] My abilities to post may be hindered now. My keyboard has been melted by a heater some time ago, and it's been slowly getting worse. A,D,T,G,X, the top row of numbers, Spacebar, and now Backspace and Enter don't work all the time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I use my phone to post many times . But that is a bummer. How did it happen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @[member="Shadria"]

(Just post when you have access to a keyboard that works)

4. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @[member="~Seeker Of Shadows~"] during the summer the heater's off so we rest the keyboard on it, then winter came and the heater turned on. We forgot to stop doing that (me and my dad) and the heater caused the keyboard (and a bit of the wire) to melt and bend.

5. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    That is just to weird, but yeah next time it isn't smart doing that.
    did ya have a computer or laptop?

6. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    @[member="WavePearl"]
    Seems easier to say it here. In my description it is said that a guardian let him ser the light. This came into my mind later.
    Kirito wanted more power and show his shadow powers to the world. Brock noticed something was going on. And went to check it out.
    Brock wanted to help him but Kirito ignored it and attacked him.
    Brock called some guardian or whatever . When Kirito was defeated. Brock showed him the light. Because that happened. Golden shackles/bracelets went around both of his wrists making him atone for his sins. Which sometimes they do hurt him when hr get seduced towards the dark.

So yeah thats it. I do not know if ya agree

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    (Brock has not summoned Arceus before, and that kinda implies that he did, which would ruin the plot and Brock's character development)

8. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    I wasnt talking about arceaus. Just some human nearby or something. But instrad I shall let him ignore that.

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    For Brock to do what you describe would require summoning Arceus in this world, and it's important that Brock not have summoned Arceus before.

We COULD however, say Flint did it, and Brock remembers Flint telling him about it.

10. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    That is posible and alright with me

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    All right--I felt this would be a nice compromise, plus give Brock some character development.

12. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    Alrighti. Sounds good ;)

13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    I'm totally improvising what Maria is saying at the library, but I would need some way of locating her cousin in the roleplay. Plus, and I've talked about this with Seeker/Shady here, I'm willing to briefly reintroduce the characters of Michelle and Leon at the same time when Leon does get rescued. However, I haven't worked out how or where Leon is being held captive...

14. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    lol its fun how Maria totally ignored Kirito XD

indd, I am unsure how ya felt like doing it XD

ya can also call me Tala no worries ;)

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    School and Teaching Ballads

Most Chironian children are taught by a minstrel, learning history, literature, lore, character, the sciences, and languages, among other things, through story and song. If a minstrel can't travel to an area, the clergy or a summoner will teach the children (this is what Brock is doing when you first meet him.)

Upper class and royal children often have private teachers, but they too appreciate a minstrel's performance (as minstrels and summoners are higher than royalty in Chiron).

Serena is well loved by the children of Mayul for this reason--her teaching songs and stories are never preachy, and encourage the children to think critically.

Brock's style of telling is exciting and colorful, full of detail, commentary and asides, as well as his mimicry skill. Serena's is more straightfoward, but occasionally may add in an aside for comic effect.

While minstrels are often the ones to perform the teaching ballads, summoners and clergy can and do sing them, usually being taught by a minstrel

16. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    Id it me? Or are we missing some members hahah

17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    I have that impression too, heh.

18. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    Seline or shadria we know cause of the keyboard. But the rest. XD

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    The Fairies of Chiron

Often spoke of, yet seldom seen, the fey of Chiron tend to and watch over Arceus' creation. Generally benevolent, they will not hesitate to punish evil or those that deliberately disobey them.

A major clue to what elemental a fairy wields is to look at their clothing:

Earth: Green
    Fire: Red
    Wind: Lavender
    Water: Blue
    Ice: Cyan
    Thunder: Yellow
    Light: White, or rarely silver
    Cosmic: Purple

Chironian folktales do mention evil fairies, but most of the time fairies that do bad things are mischievous, and usually mean no lasting harm by their pranks. Truly evil fairies only exist in folktales.

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    Charge Spells

Chironian tales tell of heroes receiving a kind of spell known as a charge before going on their quest. Once a charge has been placed on someone, the target has to do the specific thing the caster requests, like it or not.

Unlike Heart Link, a charge is only temporary, and the marking of the caster disappears off the target's hand once they have fulfilled their charge. In fact, some scholars argue that Heart Link is the only known permanent charge

To cast a charge, the caster first says the charge incantation: "Obey the ancient pact of the ages and fulfill your duty..." Once the incantation is said, the user names what s/he wishes the target to do. A marking unique to every magic user then appears on the target's hand. Once the charge is fulfilled, the marking disappears and the spell is broken.

It is possible for a charge to cancel out another charge--if this happens, the new charge marking replaces the old charge marking, canceling the old charge.

A person can only have one charge put on them at a time--if someone tries to place more than one charge on the same target, the second charge will cancel out the first charge. The caster can name multiple steps in a single charge, so most magic users prefer to do this if they have more than one thing that needs to be done.

What happens if someone resists a charge is not known.