1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Jewels of the Gekijou (TalaxWavePearl)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Jan 1, 2020.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Tala Is Eternal

The medical team applauded. "Nicely done!" one raved.

"If you need any sort of accommodation, just let us know." another agreed.

(ready to begin your training?)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Kihala blushed. ''I will and I am ready to train.'' she said with confident, hitmontop spun on his head of happiness

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Tala Is Eternal

Later, the new trainees met the narrator for the Amethyst Troupe, Andra, in a practice room. "When performing in Gekijou, it's not like traditional theater. Music drives the show, so it is not unheard of for entire story beats to be conveyed in song. Movement is very stylized and showy, and the words spoken by the actors are very flowery and poetic."

She went on "You already know about the yuusha, yuujo, and shidou roles, but there are many other role types, as well. Some larger examples include hime--princesses in the traditional sense, or a lady who acts like one; kami--gods, friendly spirits and Legendary Pokémon; odoke--tricksters and clever knuckleheads; and akunin--villains."

4. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    Kihala listen to what was going to happen. ''So who know what roles would be good

5. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Tala Is Eternal

"Any actor can play any sort of role." Andra replied. "But abilities and talents do play a role--the yuusha and the yuujo have a specific skillset. There are some roles that need no musical ability at all, and some that don't even need to dance at all."

She went on "So on that note, what kinds of roles do you think you would be best at?"

6. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    Kihala somehow hoped she would be a yuujo, but wasn't sure if she could do it, and silently saying what she thought. ''uh Yuujo?''

7. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Tala Is Eternal

"The yuujo has a very specific skillset." Andra cautioned. "She needs to be strong and agile. She needs a powerful voice befitting of the heroine she is. She needs to know how to dance well, and play some specific instruments. Many girls try, but only one is paired with a yuusha, where they will perform together for life."

(Luckily for Kihala, the Amethyst Troupe's plays are very simple, so its yuujo doesn't have to do anything very demanding yet)

8. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    "I...I..I want to give it a try." Kihala said as hitmontop happily spinned around the room

9. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Tala Is Eternal

"All right, come over here." Andra leads you to an audition area, where some other aspiring yuujo await. The boy chosen as the Amethyst Troupe's yuusha is also present--he will be the one who chooses his yuujo.

He smiled at Kihala. He didn't see her disability, just her courage, determination, and desire to be a star. Her disability was not going to hold her back.

10. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    Kihala took a deep breath. "Im ready tell.me what I need to do

11. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Tala Is Eternal

(Your first show is revealed during the audition)

Andra give everyone a script. "Your audition will be in three parts--acting, music, and dance. We will be using the original epic version of the play "The Golden Dragon" for this audition--your first show.

She explains. "There's also a kid friendly abridged version that simplifies the plot and removes many extra characters.

12. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    Kihala looked at the script. How would she ever remember all those lines. She skipped through a few pages. And saw the outline of the dance part. Now only how to see it when they practiced

13. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Tala Is Eternal

(Luckily, the dance is something Kihala can do--but the first part of the audition is the acting portion)

"We'll begin with the acting portion of the audition." Andra began, welcoming the yuusha to the audition area. "This is Alex, the Amethyst Troupe's new yuusha. You'll be working with him for all three sections of the audition."

"Hello." Alex smiled.

14. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    "H... hh.. hello" Kihala saif blushing. Hitmontop got excited again and spun on his head around him

15. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Tala Is Eternal

"Okay...for this play, the yuusha plays Kaitou, the hero of the story, and the yuujo plays Kanna, the young Pokémon Mistress who goes with Kaitou on his journey to slay the notorious Golden Dragon." Andra explained, giving both Alex and Kihala a copy of the play's script. "For the acting potion of the audition, you two will read part of the scene where Kanna chooses to come with Kaitou."

Kaitou: The Golden Dragon has brought much despair on the land! I want to be the one that slays it!

Kanna: Your bravery and determination is worthy of praise. But remember the way to the Golden Dragon's lair is a long one, and you will likely need the guidance of the Legendaries on your quest.

Kaitou: Ever since all of us were young, we were all told that the Pokémon Master or Mistress has connections to the Legendary Pokémon that watch over us all. I have long wondered--is this true?

Kanna: It is true--and I plan to come with you on your quest for that very reason!

16. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    Kihala looked at the script and than to alex. She stood ready and mostly was reading the lines from thebook without looking at alex making her voice very silent.

17. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Tala Is Eternal

"If you two are ready, you may begin." Andra smiled.

Alex nodded, and got into character as Kaitou. "The Golden Dragon has brought much despair on the land! I want to be the one that slays it!"

18. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    Kihala as Kanna said her lines but it was even more hard to hear. "I..im sorry this is scary

19. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Tala Is Eternal

"What's so scary about it?" Andra asked. "Remember that Kanna is confident in her abilities, but puts her people first. Try to channel that in your line."

20. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    "I..im not sure if I can" kihala said. She felt blushed as she gazed up to Alex. Hitmontop than gave her a push while spinning around..not to annoy her but to encourage her . He felt she might be in love. "O stop itt.. you . You always do that" she called to her Pokémon