1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon Legends: The Phoenix and the Demon Emperor (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Jun 23, 2021.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    The way Kaede said it also raised questions marks for Kotone. "Well... Okay, I can't blame her if this is her first time seeing such performers, but anyway..."

2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @SAF @122 Generation

"No apology needed." Serena replied. "We did hear some rumors as we were getting ready for our next tour..."

(Any rumors from Ash and Serena are true--those you might get in inns, teahouses, gaming parlors, and the like may not be.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Oh?" now both travelers' ears perked up. What had these two heard, I wonder?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @SAF @122 Generation

"We have heard whispers of Nobunaga's return." Serena explained. "Granted, his defeat at Taki's hand was a distant memory by the time Ash and I was born, but there are some troupes that are not traveling out of fear he will shut down the theater and forbid troupes to travel."

5. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "They didn't tell me much about this at school... but Nobunaga?!" Kotone's eyes suddenly widened. "Makoto-!"

But Makoto was fast asleep, to Kotone's annoyance..

6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Nobunaga, huh?" Hideki mulled over what Mio had told the group back in the shrine. These whispers, Mio's visions, that random plea for help directed at Kaede... none of which seemed to make sense for now. But still, a job is a job. He still had to see it through to the end.

"The heroine... Taki, right?" Kaede double-checked. She couldn't help but to wonder how far back she had been teleported (?) from her timeline. But she couldn't outright tell the local celebrities that she came from a distant future like she did with Hideki. Instead, she had to gather more info and do the math herself. "When did she took You-Know-Who down again? Like, how many years ago? Or decades?"

(Fun fact: Kaede is referring to Nobunaga as "You-Know-Who" like how people in Harry Potter universe refer to Voldemort.)

#126 Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @SAF

(a better version would be to call him simply "the warlord"--everyone in Ransei will know who you mean if you say 'the warlord')

8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Aight then. Since it's gonna be awkward if I edit my previous post for it...)

And then Kaede sweatdropped at her terrible choice of words. Seems like calling Nobunaga "You-Know-Who" was a bad idea. "I- I mean, when did Taki took down, er, that warlord again?" she stammered while trying to reword her question, thus earning a "What the...?" look from Hideki.

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @SAF

"Taki's victory over the warlord happened roughly 50 years ago." Ash explains. "All the more reason why these rumors are troubling. How he survived Taki's divine blade, I don't know.

10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "50 years..." Kaede muttered as she got lost in thought. So right now I'm still centuries away from home. Huh.

WavePearl likes this.
  11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Kotone gazed at Kaede's eyes. It looked like she was spacing out. "Hellooooo? Yukimura?" Kotone said. "Something on your mind?"

Then she looked to Serena. "Tell us more." Even Belle was interested in what was going on.

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Seems like Kotone did well for snapping Kaede back to reality. "Oh! I- perhaps... a bit, heheh," the latter sweatdropped again.

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @SAF @122 Generation

"The only plausible explanation I can think of for how the warlord could've survived is right out of some of the plays we put on..." Serena continues. "A demon is using his body as a vessel, and revived him that way."

14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Where to go after rumours have been discussed?)

"Okay! Let's run with that assumption. What do you think, Belle?" Kotone asked the Bellossom.

Belle shrugged. She was more concerned for Kaede, on the other hand. It appeared something was on her mind that wasn't just about the rumour.

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @SAF @122 Generation

(our first stop is the Temple of the Natural Earth, which is dedicated to Shaymin)

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Actually, a friend of ours saw this vision of Nobunaga returning the other day. We're about to check it out now," Hideki explained. Right now Nobunaga's return seemed to be everyone's concern, so telling the performers about Mio's visions without mentioning names should be alright for now. "Do you guys think it's all related somehow?" he asked everyone there: Ash, Serena, Kotone, and even Kaede.

"I- I dunno..." Kaede shrugged. Given what they're talking about, it should be pretty clear that Nobunaga's return would mess up Ransei's history as a whole. Thus, her top priority would be stopping that from happening so that nothing would be significantly altered by the time she got to go home.

17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (I could imagine the implications of a paradox that Kaede would not have existed had she not intervened in the past :P)

"Oho! So your friend must be psychic!" Kotone said, balling her hands into fists, grinning at Hideki. "Then of course it must be related! How hard could it be, stopping the great evil? Mako, what do you think?" She looked to Makoto, but he had passed out. "Okay! Belle, what do you think?"

Belle facepalmed, wondering how Kotone could be so enthusiastic about this. She could sense that at the rate Kotone was talking, she was going to do something to Makoto. Something playful, probably.

SAF and WavePearl like this.
  18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Now Hideki had a lot of question marks in his head upon hearing Kotone's comment. I mean, he was actually talking about Mio -- how the heck did the redhead not realize that???

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @SAF @122 Generation

"We would be grateful for your help, you two." Mio smiled. "Please, be listening for more rumors as you travel."

"Ash nodded. "We promise, Mio-sama

20. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Kotone turned to Hideki, smiling as she did. "What's on your mind, Mori-kun? You seem puzzled."

Belle facepalmed again, burying her face into her tiny arms. Kotone was really too spontaneous at times. Plus, she hadn't even gotten to Makoto yet.