1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon MMO - Does anyone else here play it?

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Volgotha, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volgotha

Volgotha Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽19.4
    Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone here played the Pokémon MMO over on http://pokemmo.eu/ . What you do is they have you download ROMs of FireRed and HeartGold/SoulSilver; you play on the FireRed ROM online and get the Pokémon following behind you sprites from the DS game ROMs. Its really cool.

They are planning on making all the main game worlds online, so Johto, Hoenn,Sinnoh and Unova, eventually.

If anyone is interested, my alias is ThePouchCouch. Look me up!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Moving to the ROMhacks section, more suited for there than here. I've heard about this before, seems like an interesting idea for folks who like playing and battling online.

Volgotha likes this.
  3. ThePumkin

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I have!! Played it for a while but I left it behind due to the lack of friends to play with! Other than that its a great the only complaint I have is the battles are kinda slower than in a real Pokémon game!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Pixel2

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Er...What's a MMO?
    *One Google search later*
    Ah, no. Seems like a interesting idea, though.

5. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    I thought about playing it. But I wasn't sure if I should or not. Haha.
    Mainly because of time and stuff. x_x

6. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    I play it and love it.
    current party
    Pikachu Lv 17
    Rattata Lv 17
    Hoothoot Lv 17
    Mankey Lv 18
    Charmeleon Lv 17
    Pidgey Lv 17
    v ignore this little bit, tried to put Pokémon sprites for each, but failed
    file:///D:/Pictures/pikachu%20sprite.png
    ^ ignore this little bit, tried to put Pokémon sprites for each, but failed

7. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I just started playing it today, it's a really cool concept, although it's slightly glitch, and is somewhat slow to respond, it really is what you'd expect out of a Pokémon mmo. Currently I have a lvl 6 spearow, lvl 15 Beedrill, and a lvl 16 ivysaur...I still need eevee(for jolteon), kabuto(ps), and onix to complete my gen 1 team.

8. Volgotha

Volgotha Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽19.4
    Yeah, its very glitchy. One of the more minor glitches but still the thing that manages to tick me off is the music, particularly in Pokémon battles. First, the music is wrong; why did they put Hoeen's gym leader theme as the trainer battle music, and second, if you're in battle for long enough, the music starts to lose sync with the tempo and background beat, so it sounds really weird after about 5 minutes or so.

I keep switching my Pokémon. I've had all gen 1 Pokémon at least once, now its just a matter of experimenting with different teams.

The code to do that is [ IMG ] image link here [ /IMG ], and you get this![​IMG] (just rememebr to remove the spaces between IMG and ]) :3

9. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Yeah, well, I haven't gotten that far yet, so I wouldn't know, it's still pretty good for starters. It won't take long for me to get through the main plot, I've played the games so many times I could probably play it blindfolded (excluding battles of course). Once I finish my Gen 1 team I'll try to start on my gen 2, which will have Ariados, Meganium, Noctowl, Ampharos, Lanturn, and Steelix.

10. MewY

MewY Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    Hoh, sadly, I tried to get it, but my stupid computer won' let me use it: "Error Pixel Format Not Accelerated." I know a lot about computers, but getting it from there is "PokeMMO for dummies." Other than that, I heard it's GREAT.

11. firenight617

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    The trailer XD.

"Do you like computer games?"
    "Yes."
    "Do you like Pokémon?"
    "Yes."
    "Do you like people?"
    "..."

12. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    PokéMMO is so funny. Even if you don't actually interact with the other people, it still feels like it's a totally different game.

(And come on, all the Pokémon walking behind you? YES)

13. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Do you like people?
    *ponders, then shoots person sitting next to me* Absolutely :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.