1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Music and the Piano

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Syaoron the Fox, May 31, 2017.

1. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    It is to my understanding that Pokemon music is a pretty popular topic. Nonetheless, I would like to bring it up again, because I have an interesting proposition.

As some of you may know (from like the one time I did it before), I plan on playing piano in the Discord general chat from time to time just to entertain you guys and to get some performance practice. However, my repertoire is short. I've forgotten some of the pieces I used to know, and I'll try to relearn them, but I figured "Why not make my repertoire topical?" My question to YOU is:

What piece of Pokémon music would you like to hear played on the piano?
    If you have any questions to ask, about my skill or my own personal favorites, you can go ahead and ask it bellow as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,645.7
    Well, I'm a piano player myself, so may I ask, what is your level? I just got to Grade 4 Brown Book By John W. Schaum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Haven't trained with my teacher in a while, so I'm not sure how to compare in terms of your grade books. The most advanced piece I've ever played is probably Edvard Grieg's "Wedding Day at Troldhaugen", and even then, it's been a wihle since I've played that so I've gotten kind of sloppy.

4. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    What about Diamond and pearl theme? Are you skilled that you can play HTTYD songs?

5. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Ayy, I need to hear you play on the Discord chat! That'll be fun!

I've been trying to imagine Lillie's Encounter Theme or the D/P Rival theme being played on the piano, so maybe you could do something like that? It think it would sound nice, and would help give you practice on differently paced pieces.

6. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Just the Diamond and Pearl Theme? I'll check it out. When you say HTTYD, what does the acronym refer to? I am a bit ignorant.
    Yeah, I did it one time a while ago for about 20 minutes until my family got home and started making noise. Basically I'll be doing it when no one else is around.

Lillie's Encounter, and the D/P rival theme? I have to get better at playing accelerated pieces (my hands get jittery), but I'll give them a look

JadeFox likes this.
  7. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    How to train your dragon, can you do "what kind of Pokémon are you" theme song?

8. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,645.7
    What about N's farwell? Someone on YouTube wrote lyrics to it. I like to sing along to it.