1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Uncharted Skies

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by 7Demented, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7Demented

7Demented Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽119.6
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Uncharted Skies

Prologue

"No."

Dark shadows covered the owner of the voice like a shroud. The atmosphere had turned tense within a few minutes of the meeting. Grey clouds circled overhead of the topmost level of the tower the odd pair stood on, thunder heard somewhere in the distance.

The one who was not covered by shadow stood tall, a concerned look apparent on face. His face was a bright cream, two orange ears jutted out from underneath his red hoodie. His eyes shined bright blue as the sky would be, had the circumstances been different. He was obviously troubled; recent events were causing disaster after disaster with each passing day. The orange-eared fellow was determined to try and straighten matters out.

"What do you mean, no? This must be done, in order to-"

The shrouded one raised a silver hand.

"No, Victini. I shall not allow this to occur. Fate is not something that can be grasped and twisted." He sighed. "Not even I can fully control destiny."

"Are you blind?" Victini shouted. "The world is falling apart at our feet, and you're worried about keeping destiny under control?" He pointed a yellow finger to the raging maelstrom above their heads. "Fate is catching up to us, to our kind as a whole. What will we do then, my lord?"

He stepped out of the shadows, revealing himself. Perhaps twice the size of Victini, his body was a pure white, the front of his chest a dark grey. A golden belt wrapped around his waist, pitch-black shoes covered his feet; grey trousers and a matching suit were worn on his person as well. Green eyes burned deep into Victini's soul, who didn't seem to mind that much; and silver horns extended from his scalp backward.

The orange Pokémon was becoming annoyed, his arms crossed. "What will we do then, Lord Arceus?"

Arceus stared up into the stars; the sky had partly cleared, revealing a full moon.

"Perhaps we will reveal the hero's destiny to him."

Chapter One: A New Day

"Sparc, hold up, man!"

I whirled my head around, searching for whoever called my name, finding him quickly.

Charr was racing towards from the eastern entrance of the courtyard. Located in the central area of the Indigo Academy, you could easily walk to your destination within the campus. You also could get a fantastic view of the eastern half of Kanto.

Before I go on, I need to explain a few things. About a year and a half ago, disaster began to strike all over the world. They seemed to be connected in some way, so the leaders conversed and decided that it was in the best interest of all the Pokémon citizens that Rescue Teams be formed. Ryven, the Zoroark leader of Unova, suggested that the teams should have some sort of training before attempting to tackle this problem. As a result, the Indigo Academy for Rescue Teams was established, located about a quarter mile west the Indigo League.

The Indigo Academy's purpose was to prepare teams of three Pokémon each for the job of solving the crisis at hand. I joined as soon as the Academy opened, along with my best friend, Charr. He was only a Charmeleon at the time, but he evolved only five months into training. He's pretty damn bright, and even though he may not be a great fighter, his tactical mastery got us out of more than a few scrapes.

When we initally started, we didn't have a third member. The third member of our team didn't become part of Team Skyfall's roster (every team was required a name; we chose this one) until 4 months after the campus opened. It may seem cliché, but I first saw her in the courtyard one day, a few hours before dark.

I was only a Pichu at the time (Yeah, I was 20 and still a Pichu, don't ask), and kind of shy as well, so I never really got to know anyone except Charr; we've been friends almost since we were born. The clouds completely smothered out the sky, and a quiet breeze whisked through the air. I was kicking at a rock throughout the courtyard, wondering when the hell I was going to evolve into a Pikachu, when I saw her sitting on a bench. An Eevee, she stared at the ground, clutching her belongings close to herself. She wore a purple hoodie and blue jeans. The wind caused her auburn hair to gently float back from her head. I noticed that her face was tinted a lighter brown, and the tips of her ears were white; not exactly what you'd call "normal."

I had never seen her around the campus before. My graduating class was only made up of about 18 Pokémon including me; the entire population of Indigo Academy is only about 50 students total. I wanted to know everyone who was in the campus, so, choosing to overcome my skittish nature, I walked over and sat down next to her. She looked up in surprise at my arrival. I held out my hand in offering.

"Hi. I'm Sparc. Seems you're new here. What's your name?" I asked her.

She looked down at her feet; it seemed she was wondering about taking up my offer.

I tilted my head in confusion. "Hello?"

She snapped out of her daydream. "S-sorry," she muttered, taking my hand in greeting. "M-my name's Twilight. And, yes, I am new here." As our hands released from each others grip, my gaze shifted to take a closer look at her face. She was very cute, and the angle of sunlight rays only amplified it.

I must've been blushing, because I began to look at the ground as she giggled in slight excitement. "Yeah, I just applied for a team about two weeks ago. You're actually the first person to talk to me."

I was taken aback. "Seriously?" I questioned, "Someone as pretty as you hasn't been noticed yet?"

It was her turn to blush, her face became as red as a Pansear. "That's sweet of you."

"I'm sworn to be honest to everyone I meet."

She giggled, as did I.

We began to talk. Mostly about what we like, what we hate, but also about our motivation: Why each of us came to Indigo Academy. I joined because I wanted to help those who needed it, she also had the same ideal, except she wanted to feel useful, like she had a purpose.

I didn't realize how much time had passed until I noticed the sun began to set. I gazed off into the horizon; watching the sunset always brought about a smile to my face. Twilight's eyes were filled with joy and amazement, she had never experienced something like this before. After a few minutes of silence, Twilight spoke up.

"Sparc?" she said quietly.

I turned to her. "Yeah?"

I looked deep into Twilight's sea blue eyes; she looked into the jade green of mine. We leaned close, slowly, and kissed.

A flash of light suddenly enveloped us, then slowly faded away. When we pulled apart, I discovered a true miracle: Not only had I evolved into a Pikachu, but Twilight had evolved as well. She became an Espeon, and she looked even more beautiful than before. I knew that we were destined to meet; Lord Arceus must have known that one day, our paths would cross. I drew her into a tight hug, the pair of us crying in joy of our new discovery.

I stood up and took her by the hand. "Are you free Friday?"

She nodded a curt yes. "Come around my dorm around 6:00, okay?" She kissed me again, then retreated to her room.

That was almost a year and a half ago. Yet I will not forget that day for the rest of my living days.

Alright, enough of the flashback. Back to the present.

Charr was panting by the time he caught up. "Goddammit, slow down. I'm not as fast as you."

I threw my hands in the air. "Not my problem," I said, "Go learn Agility or something."

Charr simply glared at me. "Ha ha," he said in a sarcastic tone. With a deep breath, he said, "You know about your date with Twilight tonight?"

I tilted my head, confused. "What about it?"

"Want to make it a double date?"

I frowned. "Who's with you?" I laughed. "Your right hand?"

Charr brought his palm up to his face. "No, smartass. Skyla."

I widened my eyes at his statement. For those of you who don't know, Skyla was one of the most desirable women on campus. As a Pidgeot, she had nearly every guy staring at her; Skyla didn't exactly appreciate all the attention though. As well as being the center of almost every guy's fantasy, she could kick some serious ass. Ranking third on the Individuals Leaderboard, Skyla and I were the only two students who could parkour across the Academy without ever hitting the ground.

(Note: There are two kinds of Leaderboards; Individuals and Teams. The Individuals represented how well of a fighter you were solo; the Teams represented how well your 3-man team fared against the rest.)

"Nice catch!" I said, giving Charr a high-five. "Seems you're working your way up the social ladder."

He chuckled. "Yeah, well, pretty soon, I'll be taking over your spot on the Board."

I punched him gently. "I'd like to see you try."

Charr stood up straight. "So it's a date?" he asked.

I put out my hand in agreement. "It's a date."

I turned and began to jog back to my dorm. "I'll see you then!" I shouted. I had a lot of work to do before meeting with Twilight tonight.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TheLegendofPie

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Hey is this the same update as the one on dA?
    If not, might wanna do that!
    Also:
    WHEN IS SECOND CHAPTER DO WANT NOWS!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.