1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Nicknames!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Hollowolfpup, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Hollowolfpup

Fineas
    (Finneon)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2.2
    How do you like to nickname your Pokémon? I usually just go with whatever I first think of, or some silly pun. Right now for puns I have this Finneon Fineas (Like the name Phineas) and a Drillbur named Drillyn.

2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,913.7
    I tend to name mine after:

--other game characters (eg. Zelda the Gardevoir, Epona the Ponyta, Diddy the Infernape, etc.)
    --Disney characters (Nala the Pyroar, Ariel the Vaporeon)
    --Foreign words that fit the Pokémon (Washi the Braviary, Luce the Ampharos)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,251.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I usually name mine according to a theme! Right now, my four favourite Pokémon on LV are named after cookies (yes, I know a Madeleine is not a cookie but I'm trying).
    While they use the unshortened versions of the cookie names, I sometimes like to shorten and mix up the original word to make the names more varied. For example, "Madeleine" could be shortened to "Maline" for a shorter and more memorable name.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I always have trouble with these so I don't usually try out side Nuzlockes. I am however working on a Xenoblade themed team for Sword and Shield. So far I've got my Zacian named Shulk, and I have a Togekiss named Melia. I also nicknamed my Eternatus Ryuusei, which is a pun on Ryusei, which is supposed to be japanese for shooting star. Instead, his nickname actually means "Dragon Star" in Japanese.

Most of my other names are a lot more generic, like Cinder my starter Cinderace.

Edit: I didn't see that this thread was in the Catcher lol

#4 Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  5. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Sometimes I just pick random names, but I usually use a theme of some sorts. Naming them after different ancient gods from numerous mythologies is a popular naming strategy of mine. This latest play through of Pokémon Eevee though I'm naming everybody after characters from the musical Be More Chill. So my character is Rich, my rival is Jeremy, and so far my pokemons names are Squip, Christine, Rolan, Mell, Jakey-D, Goranski, Michael, Brooke, and Chloe.

6. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Generally I always give my Pokémon nicknames. In recent playthroughs of games, I’ve named every Pokémon I caught. I don’t have any particular theme I stick to, my nicknames are spontaneous. For example, I have a Ditto named Bruh Moment for no reason, this Zorua is named Meemaw because of the Zoroark movie, and I have a shiny Drifloon named after my sister because it was her birthday that day.

7. 13eevee

Eevee (S)
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    i have an eevee named midnight

8. Skdebop

Arcoos
    (Arceus)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.5
    I just think of random letters and scramble them and see what happens