1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Rainbow Superstars (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 20, 2017.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

"Morgan promised that he wouldn't forget Kitsune, and at sunset he went to the tree she had mentioned." Brock went on. "The man lay there fast asleep, and a beautiful Swanna was tied to the tree beside him by a red string. Morgan freed the lovely Pokémon, and led it away without disturbing its master."

He goes on over a traveling interlude "He walked on with the Swanna for some time, and came at last to a bustling shipyard. They gawked in admiration of the Swanna's beautiful plumage, and one boy, who was covered in clay from head to toe, called out..."

"Oh, if I only had one of those feathers how happy I would be!" Misty decides to jump in the role of the boy.

"Pull one out then." Ash replies as Morgan.

"...and no sooner had the boy plucked one from the Swanna's tail; the Swanna sang..." Brock interjects.

Gatrandis favel, secret, edena....
    , Serena fills in the familiar song.

",,,but that was as far as it got before Morgan assured it everything was okay." Brock deadpans. "Try as the boy might, he couldn't get his hand away." Giggles go up at Misty struggling to get away from an imagined object.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Voice, please remind me to interject somewhere near the end of this tale cause I have an alternate ending I'd like to propose, and I really don't want anyone to miss it. Again, it's a happy ending, cause this story is relatively sad near the end." Alyssa put on an anticipated look onto her face and got ready for whatever was next.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

(Actually, this isn't the story you think it is!)

"The more he cried, the more the others laughed, until a girl who had been washing clothes in the neighboring stream hurried over to see what was the matter." Brock goes on. "When she saw the poor boy stuck to the Swanna she felt so sorry for him that she stretched out her hand to free him. The Swanna sang...

Gatrandis favel, secret, edena... Serena fills in the song.

"But that was as far as it got before Morgan calmed it, and the girl was stuck too." Brock deadpans, to some laughter.

4. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Oh, okay. Also cheers on 100 pages.)

Alyssa had been thinking of an extremely similar song she had heard back at the Ecruteak Dance Theater back in Johto. That one had a sad ending, but she wasn't too sure on this one however. She hoped it had a happy ending, but who knows what could happen at this point. She clasped her hands back together in anticipation.

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

(Onwards to 200 pages!)

"When Morgan had gone on a ways with his captives..." Laughter went up at Brock's description of the stuck people. "...they met a chimney sweep, who laughed over the extraordinary little parade, and asked the girl what she was doing."

"Oh, give me your hand and set me free from this cursed young man." Misty grumbles in character as she "struggles" to get her hand away from something.

"The sweep gave the girl his hand, and the Swanna sang..." Brock narrates.

Gatrandis favel, secret, edena...
    Serena sings again.

"But that was as far as it got before Morgan calmed it, and the sweep was added to their number." Brock deadpans.

6. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    This seemed to be a point in the story when something very wrong happens, or perhaps in the next few scees. A story such as this is what Alyssa always enjoyed. Much like the similar novel she'd heard, this one has a relatively similar main character, albiet a few major differences.

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

"They soon came to a village where a fair was being held." Brock went on over a soft festive melody. "A traveling troupe was giving a performance, and a jester was working a few magic tricks. His eyes widened with amazement when he saw the remarkable trio stuck to the Swanna's tail.

He then proceeds to role play the awkward conversation. "Have you gone nuts?"

"It's no laughing matter--this wretch has got ahold of me so tight, I feel as if I were glued to her."

As himself, he continues "Without a moment's hesitation the jester grasped the sweep's grubby outstretched hand. The Swanna sang...

Serena fills in the song again.

"But that was as far as it got before Morgan calmed it..." some in the audience say along with Brock.

"Have you heard this one before?" Ash interjects, to more laughter.

"...and the jester unwillingly joined the party." Brock deadpans.

8. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Would you mind translating the song if you can?)

Swanna's song, no matter how short it may have been was music to Alyssa's ears, even if the words weren't quite understandable. The soft beat along with the words went perfectly together. It almost put everyone at ease for what would happen next, be it happy or sad. One could tell the audience was soothed.

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

(the line translates to "I open my heart to reveal a secret power...". The whole thing translates to "I open my heart to reveal a secret power, which I promise to use to end evil's rule. The song in my heart becomes this power. Will I fight even to the end? Yes.")

"Now, in the front row sat the mayor of the village, who was annoyed by what he considered a foolish trick." Brock explained. "He was so annoyed, he grabbed the jester by the hand and tried to pull him away, in an attempt to hand him over to the guards. Then the Swanna sang..."

Gatrandis favel, secret, edena... Serena sings again.

"But that was as far as it got before Morgan calmed it." the audience fills in the blank before Brock can say anything.

"...and the mayor shared the fate of his predecessors." Brock fills in the rest. I love it when audiences catch onto the tale's refrain!

10. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Every time the Swanna sang, something special happened, it seemed. From what Alyssa can remember, there was a Pokémon similar in another story that was similar to this one. Every time that Pokémon sang it's song, people were compelled to listen...it was heralded as some sort of a sacred event. Could this be the tale based on the true story she had heard all that time ago?

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

"The mayor's wife, enraged at the insult to her husband, grabbed his free arm and pulled at it with all her might...." Brock narrates, playing a trill on an F# to mimic someone pulling.

Gatrandis favel, secret, edena... Serena fills in the song.

"...with the only result that she too was forced to join the procession." Brock adds in a twist, surprising the audience. "After this no one else had any wish to join them."

After playing an interlude, he continues "Soon Morgan saw the towers of the royal city in front of him. Just before entering, a glittering carriage came out to meet him, and in it was seated a young lady as beautiful as the day, but with a very solemn and serious expression. But no sooner had she spotted the motley crowd stuck to the Swanna's tail did she burst into uproarious laughter, and all her servants and ladies in waiting joined in. 'Princess Abigail has laughed at last,' they all cried with joy. Princess Abigail stepped out of her carriage to look more closely at the wonderful sight, and laughed again over the poor captives. She ordered her carriage to be turned around and drove slowly back into the city never taking her eyes off Morgan and his procession."

12. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    The story had seemed to have taken a turn for the worse, just as Alyssa had expected. But one question she had in her mind was if the story would end in a very similar way. A story she was told when she was a kid had an extremely similar, if not the exact same storyline as this one, same characters and everything. Alyssa thought for a moment...

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

"When the king heard the news that his daughter had actually laughed, he was more than delighted, and had Morgan and his marvelous party brought before him. He laughed himself when he saw them till the tears rolled down his cheeks." Brock went on.

He then proceeds to role play the next scene with Ash. "My good friend, do you know what I promised the person who succeeded in making Princess Abigail laugh?"

"No, I don't."

"Then I'll tell you--a thousand pieces of gold, or a piece of land. Which will you choose?"

As himself, Brock continues "Morgan chose some land. Then he touched the members of his party one by one with his little stick, and they were all free again, and they all ran away as if a fire were burning behind them; and their flight, as you may imagine, gave rise to more laughter."

14. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    It was all coming together now...at least that's what Alyssa thought. She still couldn't figure out where in the story they were at the moment, or if the story would ever end at all. She continued to listen with bated breath along with the rest of the audience. The entire crowd could tell that this would be a never-ending story, if not a very long one.

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

"Then Princess Abigail felt compelled to pet the Swanna, at the same time admiring its plumage." Brock went on. "The Swanna sang...

Serena sings one last time.

"But that was as far as it got before Morgan calmed it." the audience says along with Brock.

Brock concludes "And so it was that he won Princess Abigail as his bride. But the Swanna flew up into the air, and vanished on the blue horizon. Morgan received a kingdom of his own as a present, and became a very great man indeed; but he did not forget Kitsune, who had been the cause of all his good fortune, and built a shrine to her in their magnificent castle."

The cafeteria roars with applause as Miracolore takes a bow...

16. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    The entire cafeteria was literally rocking like an old chair once the ending came around, and Alyssa was the loudest one of them all. One could barely hear anything over the audience clapping.

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

Brock waits for the applause to quiet before conferring with his unitmates as to what to perform next.

18. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    There still was a lot of show to go. What would be next will be a surprise no matter what.

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

"Once upon a time, there lived a man and his wife who were very poor, and it didn't help that they had three sons to raise." Brock began. "Two of the sons--whose names are unimportant--were clever lads, but the third, Taran by name, was not quite as clever."

Intrigued murmurs went up as Brock went on "The years passed, and the man and his wife watched their sons come of age."

20. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    The second story began with a very intriguing start. Alyssa, along with most of the audience was thinking of the many ways in which this tale could go. She clasped her hands together once more and listened up.