1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Rainbow Superstars (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 20, 2017.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

"One day the father, who felt that Arceus was calling him home, called his sons to his side and said..." Brock when on before switching to a gentle older male voice to represent the old man. ”When I die, you must each in turn come and spend a night at my graveside.”

"The sons agreed to this, and after clinging to life for a few days, the father met Arceus in heaven." Misty picked up the story. "The day after the funeral, it was the eldest son's turn to spend a night at his graveside. But whether he was afraid or not, I don't know, so he asked Taran to go in his place."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    At this point, Alyssa was completely and utterly lost, and the audience was feeling the same way, most likely. Since she had not heard this tale before, she simply let her ears do the listening and make an attempt to figure out what exactly was going on. When she checked her watch, she was shocked at how fast time went by...lunch was almost over. Hopefully the story wouldn't get cut off.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

(Miracolore's show is longer during breaks)

4. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Interesting. Carry on then.)

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

"Taran had dinner, put on his coat, and went to the graveyard. He lay by his father’s grave, and was about to fall asleep when all of a sudden he heard his father’s voice coming from within it." Misty narrates.

The boys proceed to act the whole conversation. ”Is that you, Taran?"

”Yes, it’s me."

”Why didn’t my eldest son come to my graveside first?”

”He said he was afraid.”

”Have you had anything to eat?”

”Yes.”

”You’re not cold, are you?”

”No, I have my coat on.”

Brock offers Ash a familiar silver whistle with a green mouthpiece. ”Because you have shown yourself to be a good and kind son, here is a flute for you. Play it, and whatever you wish for will come true.”

"Taran tucked the flute into his belt and returned home." Serena picks up the story. "When the eldest brother asked what had happened, Taran only said that he had been asked if he had eaten and if he was cold."

6. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    The acting in this tale was very on point, not a single thing was missed. As usual, the audience was waiting in anticipation, hanging on to every single word. Alyssa herself was very excited for the plot twist.

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

"A week went by, and it was the middle brother's turn to spend the night at his father’s graveside. But he made the excuse that he had a busy day the next day, and sent Taran in his place." Serena continues. "They fed him dinner, gave him a warm shirt and jacket to wear, and Taran came to his father’s grave, spread the shirt on it and, covering himself with the jacket, was about to fall asleep when he heard his father’s voice coming from inside."

”Is that you again, my youngest son? Why hasn’t my middle son come?” Brock asks as the father's spirit.

”He said a busy day tomorrow, and needed the rest.” Ash explains as Taran.

”Well, then here is a whip for you. It will help you if you are ever in danger." Brock offers Ash a prop whip.

"So Taran tucked the whip into his belt and returned home." Misty narrates. "When the middle brother asked how things had went, Taran only said that he was not to come to the grave at night anymore."

8. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa was thinking about how smoothly the tale could flow, or if it would do the complete opposite. Her voice was also listening intently since it enjoyed such tales like this. In fact, her voice had heard a tale eerily similar to this one.

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    "Some weeks later, Taran's brothers kicked him out of the house, simply for being unlike them." Brock intones. "Taran reluctantly put on his jacket, ragged and torn as it was, tucked his flute and his whip into his belt, and set out on his way."

"After a long journey--which is another story on its own--he came to the royal city, asking everyone he came across if there was any work for him to do, for he was very hungry and had to feed himself somehow." Misty narrates.

10. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Just like that, the tale took an extremely dramatic turn. Our main character was uncerimoniously thrown out of his own house and now he was on his own in this presumed large city. Few could guess how this young boy's future would turn out, but most hoped for a good one rather for a bad one. Only the tale itself would tell if either was true or if something completely out of the blue would happen.

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

"One of the people he spoke to said..." Misty interjects.

”I heard that the king is in need of a shepherd. Go to the palace, and if you tend the king’s Mareep for him for five years he will give you one of his daughters in marriage.” Serena fills in the dialogue.

So Taran made his way to the palace. Misty goes on.

”I would like to tend your Mareep for you, Your Majesty.” Ash explains as Taran as he meets Brock, in the role of the king, onstage.

Some giggle as Ash kneels on one knee before Brock, as if he really is a king. ”Very well, but on one condition." Brock replies in character as the king. "When you drive the Mareep into the mountains, you are to let them graze where they will, do not forbid them.”

12. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    The tale suddenly began to slowly but surely come together. Our character had finally found himself a job it had seemed, and it looked to be a pretty good one at that. If this continued, the tale would begin to flow perfectly.

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

"The following day he drove the Mareep to pasture into the mountains, and they ran on and on and did not stop for even a moment till they reached a glade grown with silken grass." Serena went on. "They began to nibble the grass, and Taran lay down under an oak tree and fell asleep. He was awakened by a mighty roar, and, opening his eyes, saw a terrifying Hydreigon, his jaws open wide, standing before him."

Gasps go up at this. ”Why are your jaws open like that?” Ash stammers, a note of fear in his "Taran" voice.

”Your Mareep have trampled my silken grass, and you must pay with your life!” Brock growls back in character as the Hydreigon, in one of his go-to "monster" voices.

"But before the three headed dragon Pokémon could make good on his threat, Taran took the whip from under his belt and went at him." Misty narrates, the crack of the prop whip punctuating her point. "He cracked the whip once, and one of the dragon’s heads rolled to the ground. He cracked the whip a second time, and the second head followed the first. The third head followed soon after that."

Cheers go up at the Hydreigon's demise.

14. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    The tale was taking a turn for the better, as everyone, including Alyssa, had expected. What would happen next was most likely going to be something good based on how this story was going.

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

"Taran found the Hydreigon's cave nearby, and went inside." Serena picks up the tale. "There was a table there with a golden tinderbox, but when he opened it, imagine his surprise to see the Legend of Thunder, Raikou, before him!"

"Thank you for releasing me from the Hydreigon, good lad--I now pledge my loyalty to you." Brock smiles as Raikou, complete with a little bow before Ash. "Name what you wish, and it is yours."

”I only ask to see where the king’s Mareep are.” Ash replies as Taran.

"Raikou was pleased with Taran's humility, and granted him permission to ride the divine steed Epona in addition to granting his wishes." Serena continues.

16. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Turns out the plot twist in this tale is that it was no ordinary tale, but one with legendary proportions along the way. What other legendary Pokémon would pop up in this story? Alyssa had a feeling that the other two legendary beasts would be next, but how our main character comes across them remains to be seen.

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

"He went to the glade but the Mareep were not there, and though he called them again and again not one appeared--it was as if the earth had swallowed them." Misty narrates. "But Taran remembered the flute his father had given him, and, pulling it out from under his belt, began to play."

Ash starts a set of tunes on his own whistle for effect. "In moments, all the Mareep were running toward him, as if they were glad to see him." Misty narrates over the music. "Taran drove the flock to the king’s palace, and the king’s youngest daughter, Princess Christina, saw him through the window and cried joyously..."

”The shepherd is bringing back the Mareep, Father!” Serena fills in Princess Christina's dialogue.

”Really? I was sure the Hydreigon tore him to pieces long ago.” Brock deadpans as the king.

”No, he didn’t, Father, for there he is!" Serena points out Ash playing by stage left. "Come and see for yourself!”

"The king looked out the window and stared in disbelief at the approaching flock." Misty continues once the song ends. "When Taran drove the flock into the palace yard, the king met him there, and began counting the Mareep. It took him three days to count them all, but all were present and accounted for."

(what Ash plays)

18. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    The song played was simple and very light, something Alyssa wasn't quite a big fan of, but worked perfectly here. It also fit perfectly with the tone of the tale at the moment, which was also very nice. Whatever the case, everyone in the cafeteria was enjoying the song, Alyssa herself in particular enjoying it.

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

"The following morning Taran took a bag full of food, tucked the flute and whip into his belt and drove the Mareep to pasture." Serena took over the tale. "They ran on and on for three days and nights until they came to a glade grown with silken grass. They began nibbling the grass, and Taran had some lunch and lay down for a rest under a tree."

20. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    A short, concise scene this time around, most likely a sign of the story winding down slowly but surely. The audience remained quiet for the majority of this scene, assumedly cause the end was going to be either a huge surprise or something completely out of this world. Alyssa herself couldn't put the pieces together to figure out how this would end.