1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Rainbow Superstars (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 20, 2017.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    @122 Generation

The employee did not expect Martine's French outburst, and neither did the rest of the class.

While the employees were bringing up TranslateNav in their PokeNavs, Brock scolded Martine in her own language. "Martine, je ne pense pas qu'ils peuvent vous comprendre."

He then translated what he had said for the other students. "In other words, I don't think they can understand you."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa responded to Martine's comment and told her what was sold here in perfect French. It was good to have at least one person besides the teacher that understands her.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    "Dommage," Martine said to Brock, and thanked Alyssa but just wanted to be sure. "Okay, mes amis, do you have brands for Cool and Beautiful?"

In spite of Brock's scolding, Martine was all smiles. She was too used to seeing glares like that.

4. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    @122 Generation

"We're here in the shop for Rainbow Wing, a Beautiful and Charming-type brand." Brock replied. "If you'd prefer a Cool type, Cosmic Dreamer's back down the path, on the left."

5. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa mumbled a French phrase to herself, which was none too nice. Nevertheless, Alyssa kept a smile on her face, as she had been doing ever since she arrived at the shops. She was just excited to try on the new costume she just bought, and that's all that mattered in her head, cause she really wanted to do a few practices with it before she hit the big stage.

6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    "Merci beaucoup, Monsieur Brock!" Martine thanked, and waved at Alyssa before bursting out of the store.

It wasn't before long that Martine was gazing at the brands at Cosmic Dreamer. She did flag down the employee and asked if there were Cool brands that had a touch of Beauty with them too. "Oh, and does my pendent make a difference?" she asked, as she held out her wrist to show the peridot she wore.

7. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa had a confused look on her face.

"Well, that certainly was a surprise, I'll say that much. That girl seems to be everywhere...we may have more in common than I thought. I still think there's something off about her, and that's not my paranoia speaking, it's a sure possibility in my eyes, so I'll keep an eye on her for the time being until I figure out what's up. In any case, I'm excited to see what the rest of these costumes look like, I have plenty of credits left, so I can still be a slight bit lavish."

8. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    @Sugar

(ready to go on?)

@122 Generation

"You can mix and match Cool and Beautiful brands." the employee replied. "Some outfits are in fact affected by your Superstar Pendant."

9. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    "Okay... But not all," Martine nodded. "So! What kinds of brands do you have that combine those two genres? Any recommendations?"

Even so, Martine did have a slight worry about the pricing. After all, she was already in debt enough as it was. She twirled one of her armpit-length locks around her fingers as she looked around Cosmic Dreamer for a little more.

10. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Yep, let's get a move on~)

11. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    @Sugar @122 Generation

After making sure the class was done shopping, Brock continued the tour of the shopping plaza. "Now we come to one of my preferred brands--this is Highland Sky, an Exotic and Rugged brand inspired by Celtic myth and legend. Not surprisingly, this brand incorporates a lot of plaid and knotwork into its designs."

#251 Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  12. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa immediately saw something that caught her eye and went up to an employee to inquire.

"Excuse me, Miss? Pray tell, what is this lovely combo of costume and accessory? I've seen something liike it before, but never knew first of all, what it was, and second, what it's purpose was. I'm not the biggest fan of this brand, but I'm just dying to know what's up with this particular combo."

13. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    @Sugar

"Glas Harp...a nice choice." the employee smiled at the green, white and gold costume Alyssa held. "Look closely--some of the knotwork forms a Celtic harp if you look at the trim at a certain angle."

14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    Cosmic Dreamer-branded clothes were indeed cool, and some even had variants that were influenced by other styles. Why, even a few dresses and suits were carried the Larousse guitar brand name in addition to Cosmic Dreamer! Others were also designed in the Quadra region where the city of Larousse hailed from.

(Quadra region: my counterpart to southern British Columbia and northwest Washington)

15. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa inquired the employee once more.

"This costume is quite unique, but how do crowds react to it? I'm looking for something that'll make the crowd's reaction be completely deafening. Something...something that always gets a crowd on its feet and really blows them away every time they see it. Know what I'm talking about?"

16. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    @Sugar

"You may have some luck with either of the Passion and Power brands..." the employee replied. "But that's not to say we don't have costumes like that here--just watch any of the idols that wear our costumes, and you'll see what you're looking for."

"In other words, the clothes don't completely make the idol--their passion and love for what they do plays a large part, too." Brock explained.

17. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Hmm, thanks a bunch for the information."

Alyssa was waiting to see the Passion and Power brands. Her heart was in her throat just thinking about it, but she'd have to wait just a little bit longer to see what the brand had. She just kept humming along for the time being.

18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    Still in Cosmic Dreamer, Martine tried to get the employee's attention once more. "Excusez!" she called out. "I'm just wonder if there are brand you could recommend for... well... casual performances? Or maybe in a café or a jazz club? Something that will put the crowd at ease."

She glanced at her own black attire. Black dress clothes with a white tie seemed professional enough, but Martine wondered if there were other things.

19. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    @122 Generation

"Well, you could try one of the Beautiful or Angelic brands." the employee explained. "Or, if you're aiming for an 80's inspired vibe, you can try fellow Cool brand Neon Star."

@Sugar

(One of the Passion/Power brands is up next, actually.)

20. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Better get a move on then or Alyssa just might go insane.)