1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Rainbow Superstars (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 20, 2017.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    I suppose it wouldn't hurt to give Laurent a rapier. Martine thought. She listened in for the other players.

2. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Alright, let's knock these two out.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @Sugar @122 Generation

The runeblade's player was next. "My character is Alessia Belmont, a lawful good human runeblade. After hearing rumors of a Hydreigon awakening on a patrol, she set out to see if there was any truth to the rumors, and find others fighting for the same cause."

"All right..." Brock entered the info into his database.

The wizard's player got up. "My character is Merien Riversong, a neutral good elven wizard. After seeing horrifying visions of a Hydreigon in her dreams, she vowed to find out how to prevent her nightmare from coming to pass, and lending her magic to the cause of peace."

"That's everyone..." Serena reported.

Brock nodded. "Hear now the tale of the Rise of the Hydreigon Queen..." he began, cuing some adventurous music from his PokeNav to signal the adventure was beginning.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Martine snuck a laugh to herself. Adventurous music? This game was entertaining already. She couldn't wait to actually start playing.

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @Sugar @122 Generation

(Brock likes immersing his groups into the campaign with music and sound effects--some live, and some recorded)

Brock starts reading the introduction to the campaign. "The world our story takes place in has never really been a safe place. Bastions of civilization populate a dark, menacing world—beacons of order and reason exist in a land overrun by dark cults, vile monsters, creatures from the darkest corners of the imagination, and worse. As deadly as the world is on a normal day, something has begun to stir on the fringes of the civilized Eladir Vale. Formerly the site of an attack by an army known as the Ruby Hand, the Vale has known several years of peace since a band of brave heroes stormed into the teeth of the approaching Hand and sent them scurrying back into the darkness."

He continues "But the peace of Eladir Vale—and specifically, the town of Brindol, heart of the former conflict with the Ruby Hand—has been shattered. The vague shadow of unease the locals have been experiencing lately has crystallized in the form of an attack on the town itself."

He intones "Now Brindol finds itself once more in need of brave heroes willing to come to the aid of their citizens. Seven of the townsfolk are missing—taken by the goblin Sinruth and the Ruby Hand. The town council is willing to pay handsomely for someone to rescue the prisoners and recover the treasures taken from the Hall of Valor...adventurers just like you guys!"

6. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Talk about an intro and a half." Alyssa mused. most of the game intros Alyssa had heard were very short and sweet, but it wasn't the case this time. Perhaps the games she had played weren't as famous as this one.

7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "That's where we come in!" Martine giggled. "Where do we start?"

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @122 Generation @Sugar

Once sure he has all his adventure notes, books, and supplements, Brock sets the scene for the adventure. "You arrive in Brindol a few days after the goblin attack. The town has been mostly rebuilt, the fallen have been honored, and the survivors are trying to get back to some semblance of normalcy. But you can tell the trauma of the last few days still weighs on everyone's hearts and minds."

He looks for his place in the script, then continues. "But no one feels this more than the leader of the city council. The assaults upon the city proper are a fresh outrage, especially to someone who lost his family to the Ruby Hand’s assault ten years before. He doesn’t have blind faith in our heroes, however, and wants to meet them himself."

9. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "So um, who exactly is the leader of the party?" Alyssa asked, bemused. "Or does it not work like that at all and it's a predetermined party going along on an adventure?

(Kinda like Final Fantasy is what Alyssa's trying to get at.)

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @Sugar

"There's no leader, per se." Brock explained. "I'll pick someone randomly to start each adventure, and then we'll work our way around the table. This way, everybody has a turn to start a round of actions."

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "This should be fun." Martine grinned. "So, what game pieces are we using?"

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @Sugar @122 Generation

"These things are you guys." Brock shows the group some clear colored discs.

He sets up a roleplay encounter in the script. "The council leader greets you solemnly, he makes eye contact with each of you in turn."

In a mimic of Flint, he tells the group "I am considering something, and I wished to speak to you about it in person—and in private."

He next explains to the group what they have to do. "The council leader has his doubts of your abilities, and it's up to you to convince him you guys are up to the task of saving the prisoners and getting back the treasure. So I'll pick someone and work our way around from that person. Once each person has had their turn to make their case, I'll make a Charisma check for each of them. You need at least a 10 to convince him. If three people manage to convince him, he will allow you to undertake the adventure with reluctance. If four people convince him, he will be more confident. If all six of you convince him, he will allow you to undertake the main mission without question."

13. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa looked bemused while Brock was explaining all this, but began to come around the more he explained it. Should be an interesting story.

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @Sugar @122 Generation

Brock generated a player name with DungeonNav. "It is Tristan's turn to start this round."

The ranger's player begins in character. "My name is Tristan Silverant, good sir. I heard rumors of what happened here, and felt called to help. I know many of the forests and caves of the world well, and stand ready to face any foe to save your families and friends."

Brock rolls the player's results. "You look to be a courageous young man skilled at the bow, so goblins should be an easy target." he tells the boy in character--you've earned your first success!

15. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Wow, this thing really picked up quickly, hasn't it? Wonder how long it'll be until the climax of this so-called 'adventure'."

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @Sugar

(The campaign is an epic one, so get ready for an epic adventure)

17. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Sounds like a lot of fun. Let's continue on then.)

18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    I wonder what the other players' backstories are like. Martine thought.

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @Sugar @122 Generation

"It is Sayo's turn." Brock tells the group as he notes the ranger player's success. "What does Sayo tell the council leader?"

20. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa began to speak in character. "My name is Sayo, sir. I heard from an anonymous source about what had happened and felt compelled to provide some help. I may not know these lands very well, but I'm willing and ready to do almost anything to rescue your family and friends."