1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Rainbow Superstars (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 20, 2017.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Martine was just as excited as Alyssa, as she wondered what the interview will be like.

@WavePearl

"Three... Two... One..." the studio director said.

Another section of song started to play for about fifteen seconds before Minami started speaking. "Welcome back to Heartbeats on KRMA Radio Red, Radio Rouge, and KRMA-White. That's KRMA-White 98 on your radio dial."

"So imagine this. We all know that the debut of new singles can be exciting for any artist, and it would be exciting for any fan to hear the latest gossip about it." Minami said. "In case you haven't heard, Ash - yes, THE Ash of Miracolore - is officially debuting his latest single, called 'Push It to the Limit'. Not many know what the song is like, unless you're an insider, but it doesn't hurt to know about it informally. That being said, the single is available in stores now."

"Joining me in studio today is the one and only Ash himself." He looked at Ash, who was sitting at the same table. "Welcome to the show, Ash! Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is your 16th single, eh? How do you manage to keep up with new releases? Sixteen sounds like a lot."

#5161 Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @122 Generation

"16 may sound like a lot of songs, but it's actually not that much considering that singles 1 to 12 were my first solo album." Ash explained. "Part of my image, and my inspiration, is the new retro wave movement, and the synthpop of the '80's and '90's. Unlike some artists on that scene that want to explore the dark side of that style, I chose to focus on the powerful vocals and epic dancable beats. My goal is to evoke and honor the past, and at the same time, look to the future with inspiring lyrics and neon infused powerful melodies."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    This was more than relatable to Alyssa. She has experience with both the chillwave and synthwave genres and has experimented with synth pop as well. Infinitely difficult to play on a flute, she made it work. "Some very well placed inspiration he has." Alyssa said.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
  5. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa once again applauded. This song reality made her feel what she's been missing out on. Maybe she should get back into songwriting...

6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Martine joined the applause. Ash never stopped to impress.

After the applause died down, Minami spoke again. "So! That was Ash, performing 'Push It to the Limit' live in studio on Heartbeats. That was pretty awesome, Ash." Minami nodded at Ash with a smile. "In case you haven't heard, the song hasn't officially debuted yet, but it will be in an upcoming live concert. Details of the concert have yet to be announced, so keep your eyes and ears peeled."

"You could really feel the classic vibes in the music, but it's clear that's what you were going for," Minami said. "So one more question for you, Ash, before we wrap up. Where do you see your efforts at the new retro wave movement going? Your song is already a product from that, I see and hear."

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @122 Generation

"Part of it is an appeal to nostalgia, and part of it is the appeal to the future that audiences love." Ash explained when the song ended. "Every song I create, I hope it inspires someone, somewhere."

8. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "That's great to hear. In any case, here's to your future efforts. Ash, thank you for joining us today." Minami said. "That was Ash, from Miracolore, speaking about his latest and sixteenth overall single. Do you have any opinions on his latest song? Let us know through our talkback line, or even by email."

"And that wraps up Heartbeats today. Remember, if you think Martine's 'Heartbeat, Heartbreak' is a suitable theme song for our show, then please let us know! Email, talkback, or even on our social media page," he said. "I'm Austin Minami, and thank you for listening to today's episode of Heartbeats."

'Heartbeat, Heartbreak' started to play as part of the concluding segment.

9. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "So there you have it, a very well out together radio program. This is what I like to see." Alyssa smiled.

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar @122 Generation

Within hours of the show ending, millions of postcards came pouring in, all raving about Martine's and Ash's songs. From enthusiastic Reddies excited about their idol's latest song, to regular fans well pleased with a student's talent, there was not a single complaint in the bunch. If there was any criticism at all, it was constructive criticism.

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    In those same hours, Martine had packed up her guitar and met up with Alyssa outside the studio. "That was really fun!" she said.

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
  13. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Only if we can work in bunny Pokémon. Sure.)

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar @122 Generation

On the square, people were lining up in droves to try their luck at Miracolore's Easter Buneary Gacha. After inserting a coin (in one of the huge Buneary's paws), a randomly colored plastic egg would roll out into the Buneary's basket for the user to collect. Each egg had some form of a prize, so everyone was guaranteed to get something--even if it was just a coupon for a free soda. If someone was lucky enough to get the one sparkly silver egg out of the millions of eggs in the gacha, that person would get a dream Alolan vacation with all expenses paid.

15. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa was on the outside watching in, thinking if she should enter or not. The Alolan vacation sounded extremely tempting, but would she be the one to win it? She figured she'd never know if she didn't try, and decided to give it a shot.

16. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Even though 'Heartbeat, Heartbreak' had been on much of Martine's mind, the festive attraction at the square got her attention. She wondered who would be the lucky one to get the silver egg. And of course, in the midst of the crowed was a familiar aqua-haired girl.

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar @122 Generation

The huge Buneary was easy to see anywhere on campus--and the line, although it looked long, moved quickly as people came to try their luck.

18. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    It was finally Alyssa's turn to test her luck. She had as much of a chance at winning as anyone else, so there was nothing to lose.

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

"Remember--one egg per person per day." Serena reminded a departing idol.

She noticed Alyssa was next in line. "Just insert a quarter and see what kind of egg you get from Miss Lola here." she explained, gesturing to the huge Buneary. "You're allowed one egg per day, so be sure to come back tomorrow if you want another egg."

20. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "I lack the luck to win anything, but my effort in trying to do so is unmatched." Alyssa put in a quarter hoping for something good.