1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Rainbow Superstars (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 20, 2017.

1. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "I heard some music coming from this area, so I grabbed my flute and raced outside. You know I'd never miss a musical event, especially one that I could possibly participate in." Alyssa smiled.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    "Oh..." Martine concentrated on listening with her ears. "I think that might be the event happening in the campus today! Well, if I knew better, I would have brought my guitar, but oh well."

3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    @122 Generation

(if Martine can play any other acoustic instrument, she's welcome to join in.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "I think I might have to take part in this event someway." Alyssa was curious on how these things exactly worked.

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    @Sugar

"If you wanna come play with us, and you play an acoustic instrument, come on up!" Misty called, spurring several more people to join the rapidly growing band. By now, several more flutes (both of the trad and concert variety), some more fiddles, a banjo or two, a cello, and Ash's ukulele had been added to the band.

6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    "I'll watch you! I'll have my time to shine, eventually." Martine encouraged. "Oho, that's quite a crowd gathered there."

Alternatively, Martine could rent or borrow a guitar, if there were any nearby.

7. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Right, I'll do my absolute best. Or try to at least." Alyssa made a beeline for the stage before it got too crowded.

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    @Sugar @122 Generation

(remember that while Brock is lead guitar, other guitarists can have a solo or set to themselves.)

9. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (That is absolutely wonderful.)

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    @Sugar @122 Generation

The stage buzzed with activity as idols arrived and tuned up. All told, it was a nice sized group. The next question would be checking the sound and seeing how well the group meshed.

In addition to Miracolore and their instruments, there were plenty of flutes (of both the concert and trad varieties; which included Ash's collection), whistles (including Ash's collection), Ash's harmonica, an accordion or two (counting Serena), a few mandolins (counting Serena), a banjo or two, plenty of fiddles (including Misty and Serena), a couple of guitarists (including Brock as the lead), Ash's ukulele, Brock's harp, a piano, and a cello. The drummer, some other percussionists, some singers, and some dancers rounded out the ensemble.

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    Now that Martine had a good look at the group and realised just how big it was, she wished that she had brought her acoustic guitar now. But the village was still quite a distance to walk there and back. Knowing this, she could probably rent out a guitar somewhere, but that did put a constraint on her budget and her debt. In the best-case scenario, she could borrow a guitar somewhere just for this occasion.

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    @122 Generation

Luckily for Martine, the campus music shop had loaner instruments out for people to borrow and play as part of the festivities. Whether you were looking to buy, or try out an instrument before committing to buy, there were instruments of every shape and size.

13. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa was just trying to figure out what to do after she was finished tuning. This was getting very interesting.

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
  15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    And so Martine ended up in the campus music shop. She didn't take too long and she eventually settled on a Larousse-branded acoustic guitar. Not quite the same model as her own acoustic, but it was a rental after all.

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    @122 Generation @Sugar

"Okay..." Brock mused as he finished tuning his own guitar. "Everyone--let's see if we are in tune."

After setting his pitch pipe, he blows an A note, prompting A notes and A chords to fill the air. The percussionists just add a soft beat to indicate they are ready.

17. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Alright, I think we're good over there." Alyssa commented out loud. "What section is next?"

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    @Sugar

(the ensemble was all tuning together)

19. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Fair enough I suppose.)

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    @Sugar

A few people end up needing to fine tune. Once this is done, Brock blows another A note for the ensemble to check tuning.