1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Rainbow Superstars (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 20, 2017.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Sugar

Brock saw Alyssa's hand. "Yes?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa stood up at her desk.

"I believe one can describe a Star Power as bringing out all your capabilities; singing, dancing, and most importantly, your appeal and projecting them all onto the crowd in the heat of your performance. Not only will the crowd be amazed by your performance, but you will as well."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Sugar

"That's an excellent point." Brock smiled.

He paused for a moment. "Anyone still writing this down?" he asked, gesturing to the list of definitions.

When no hands were raised, he erased the list of definitions in preparation for a new list. "Star Powers are grouped depending on how they are triggered--and given how the music community is only beginning to understand Star Powers, there may be more besides what I'm about to list that have yet to be discovered."

After drawing the different icons for the Star Power types and adding their names in his new list, Brock went on "Star Powers come in five known flavors--Note, which is triggered by a note from an instrument, Echo, which is triggered by a sung note, Jump and Spin, which are exactly what it says on the box..." Giggles went up at the wry comment. "...and Gesture, which can be triggered by everything from a simple hand wave to an elaborate dance step."

4. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa sit back down at her desk and started taking down her notes.

"Wow, I actually didn't embarass myself up there...all of what I said came from the heart too. I'm already starting to feel at home here...this is going to be a great...semester let's call it for now. Still don't know what to call a full term at this academy."

5. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Sugar

"In order to use a Star Power, you need to first be wearing something that has one." Brock went on.

He showed off his own Superstar Pendant. "Remember the pendants you got when you arrived? Those are your key to tapping into Star Powers. To invoke your pendant and transform into an appropriate costume, simply name the jewel, Superstar, Showtime."

With that, he invoked his own pendant. "Emerald Superstar! Showtime!"

A burst of bright green light filled the room--although the students and the Vulpixes couldn't see inside the shining green cocoon, they knew Brock was changing inside.

6. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa rubbed her eyes to check if what she was seeing was real.

"Now there's something you don't see every day. Wonder what he'll look like when he comes out of that cocoon. Better start taking down some more notes."

Alyssa kept her eye on the cocoon as she took down her notes.

7. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Sugar

When the light faded, Brock was wearing his standard Miracolore costume--a beautiful green and silver suit with lined gold accents. "There we go...this is my standard costume, Emerald Strings."

He continued "The pendant is intelligent, in a way. It remembers where you are, what sort of songs you are performing, and what kind of performance you are giving, and picks a costume from your Closet based on that. "Of course, you need some costumes in your Closet first--if your Closet is empty, the transformation won't work. Your next step after summoning your costume is snap for your headset."

He then proceeded to snap, creating a headset microphone with a three leaf pattern on the ears. "This way, your ears are protected--since it can get pretty loud onstage--and your hands are free to play instruments or use props while you sing."

About then, the air conditioner kicked on, making a droning D note fill the room. "And now the moment you've all been waiting for--actually seeing a Star Power." Brock grinned.

After humming a D note an octave above the air conditioner, he started singing a haunting melody in Gaelic. Although the idols in the room didn't have a clue what Brock was singing, as Brock went for a low D note, they saw a green light manifest from his heart, creating a burst of emeralds, shamrocks and Celtic knotwork in the room, making his voice and humming air conditioner gain an echo.

(what Brock sings)

#47 May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  8. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "This is really something else, even if I only understand the bare minimum of what he's singing. Dunno how you're supposed to perform songs if you can't even understand what language they're in. Sigh, I guess we'll learn something about that in the near future. I really hope so, at least, cause my resources are extremely limited."

Alyssa continued to watch the performance despite once again, only understanding the bare minimum of the lyrics. But what she knew didn't matter. What mattered was that she was learning more than she expected on her first day.

9. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Sugar

When Brock finished his song, he waited for the Star Power to wear off first, then explained the burst. "What you saw me use was the Echo type Star Power Emerald Eire--one of several Star Powers my standard costume has. In fact, we could argue that your costumes are a little like Pokémon--the more they are worn and the more often their Star Powers are used, the stronger they will be, and the more new ones will awaken. Even your standard stage costumes have Star Powers...so rather than me reading every one of your costumes and telling you what they are, wouldn't be more fun--and less time consuming--to find out for yourselves what they do?"

This got the class excited. "We'll start by taking volunteers, and if we get no volunteers, I'll just go down the roll sheet." Brock explained.

10. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa looked about the classroom and saw but one other Idol raise their hand and shot hers up like a rocket, ready to begin this magical performance.

11. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Sugar

Brock spotted Alyssa's hand first. "Okay, come on up!"

He then prepped the karaoke machine at the edge of the stage area. "Got any ideas as to what song you'd like to perform?

(You're welcome to Pokemonize artist names so they better fit in this universe.)

12. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Alright, let's see here. Do I go with my favorite song, or do I go with one more down the list? I'll just go for my favorite, since I know the lyrics perfectly."

"Yes. I'll choose my absolute favorite song, Caramel Heaven by GUMI, please."

Alyssa had an excited look on her face.

13. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Sugar

"Nice choice." Brock smiled as he loaded Alyssa's requested song. "All you have to do now is invoke your Superstar Pendant."

14. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Alright, let's see what this thing can really do. Talk about the most exciting day of your life. Ruby Superstar! Showtime!"

15. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Sugar

Alyssa was engulfed in a red light, her body also glowing a red color as flames swirled around her, An ember bonded to her glowing body, creating a glittering red top. A matching layered skirt appeared some time later. Some pale red tights appeared on her legs, with some red shoes with a ruby appeared on her feet. Some red gloves appeared on her hands, and a red and gold ribbon appeared in her hair to complete the look.

(You have transformed into the basic costume Ruby Stage!)

16. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Wow, this style fits me perfectly. I'm unsure how this performance will go, but I'm already in costume, so there's no turning back now. Let's get this thing started!"

Despite a few butterflies in her stomach, Alyssa looked very excited as she faced the class, waiting on what would be next.

17. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Sugar

"Just a friendly reminder to keep quiet while someone's up here performing." Brock reminded the class as he pressed PLAY on the karaoke machine, making a rock anthem blare into the room.

18. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Alright Alyssa, time for them to learn how powerful your voice is."

Alyssa snapped her fingers, creating the obligatory protective headset. She started singing a few octaves above the air conditioner before singing in almost perfect Japanese, nailing the lyrics and choruses one after another. Once again, everyone in the room had not a clue what Alyssa was singing, but she was content on carrying on her performance. After nailing a high D note, a red light manifested on her own heart, creating a burst of fiery hearts all around the room. Alyssa then nailed down her highest octave yet, almost creating an echo of her own throughout the room.

"Phew. That was so...I don't know how to describe this, it's beyond words."

19. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Sugar

Brock's applause was the loudest. "Nicely done...that was the Star Power Heart of Fire." he explained to the class. "Who's next?"

(Brock has the ability to read a costume and tell you what Star Powers it has)

20. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa did a simple little bow and returned to her seat with the look of success on her face. She was shocked at her own performance, but it came from the heart, and that's what mattered.