1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Rainbow Superstars (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 20, 2017.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

Fortunately, the TV appearance was only a week away, but Brock was telling the students what to expect now, so no one freaked out on camera.

Brock arrived soon afterwards, petting Hinata before strolling to the head of the class. After starting a roll sheet down the left side of the room, he began. "As you've likely heard by now, you guys have two big events coming up soon--your first TV appearance, and your first Spirit Week."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    [I still think someone's going to suffer a mental breakdown during either of those events.]

"I hear you loud and clear on that one. You can't be prepared for everything people will throw at you when you're live on camera, you just have to go with it if you don't know what you're doing. Just be confident and you'll be more than fine."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

"Going before the camera is often scary for new idols, but it doesn't have to be scary." Brock explained. "Most shows are very supportive of new idols, but stay FAR away from those that would humiliate or belittle their guests."

4. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    [This is why we do background checks on show hosts, people.]

"Exactly. I simply look at past episodes of the show to see how the host acts and draw a conclusion from that. Not a perfect formula, but it works most of the time."

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

Brock next went over a little bit about the show, and what to expect. At one point one of "the next generation", as the students were called, would take a crack at performing "Satisfaction", complete with their own Digicharacter--who the performer would be would be picked at random. The students could sway the vote by sending their own covers for Miracolore to judge

6. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Ooh, now we're getting to something interesting. I know just what cover I'm going to perform, and it'll be better than the last time." The song in question was A Single Red Leaf by Megurine Luka. She had performed a cover it back at her old academy and it was just about time to break it out again.

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

"If you want to take a crack at performing your own version of 'Satisfaction' on the show, you have all this week to send covers to me." Brock explained. "Remember, don't copy the original artist outright, but make the song your own."

8. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    [Think you can pull this thing off?]

"Absolutely. But the pressure's not on me, it's on you to not only sing the lyrics correctly, but have that powerful tone it always has. I'd gegt practicing if I were you."

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

"Here's what we'll be looking for when we grade your covers..." Brock went on. "Musicality...how well your voice suits the song. Creativity...how well you made the song your own. Appeal...how listenable your cover was."

He quickly assured the group "If you get a low Appeal score, this does not mean you're a bad singer at all. You probably picked the wrong song for your voice, or something happened beyond your control, or nerves took over, whatever."

10. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    [Crowd reaction. Don't forget crowd reaction. They may not judge you on it, but it's still important.]

"True, the crowd won't cheer for your old run-of-the-mill performance, will they. They want something exciting and new. We'll have to use up all of our thinking time for this performance to go over well."

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

[Move on to the next class?]

12. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Yes, please.)

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

Ash knew the excitement in the air. Miracolore had often appeared on Kiramekirari and on various game shows for charity games, but these new idols needed to learn how to sing before the camera and keep nervousness under control.

14. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    [I can literally see the nervousness on everyone and I don't even have eyes.]

"I know, the suspense is already freaking people out and our appearances are still a long ways away. Also, if you mess up even one note, I'm finding a new voice."

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

The bell rang, and Ash stepped forward to address the class. "Good morning, all. Today we'll be talking about how to deal with performance anxiety--a crucial skill for any kind of performer."

16. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Alright, here we go, the most important part of any performance and it has to do with the performance itself. Everyone has their own way of dealing with it, but learning a few other ways never hurt anyone."

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

"Performance anxiety is a fact of life for all in the arts and sports." Ash explained. "But there are ways to keep it under control, so you're not reduced to a blithering mess onstage."

Giggles went up at this. "The surefire way to reduce performance anxiety? Practice." Ash went on. "But there are a number of different ways that can help, so what works for me may not work for my unitmates, and what works for all of us may not work for you. Only you know what works for you, and once you find that out, stick to it."

He went on "For example, Serena prefers to stretch, Brock prefers to meditate a bit and do some deep breathing before we go on, Misty swears by a hot or frozen mocha--even though it's a good idea to limit caffeine, this works for her--and I prefer to have a Nanab Berry before going onstage, followed by a little mediation."

18. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "It's good to try everything before deciding what'll work for you. Me, I prefer a good cup of green tea before going up on stage. Straight, no berries, honey, flavorings, nothing. It's simple, quick, and gets you ready in no time. Funny story, everyone at my old academy tried the same trick, and as you might expect, it worked like a charm." That story made Alyssa laugh every single time she heard it, but that was how Alyssa worked; straight, simple, and to the point.

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

(Move on to lunch?)

20. Sugar

Deoxys Egg