1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Rainbow Superstars (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 20, 2017.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

Since Serena was still tuning, Ash and Misty started into a harmonica and fiddle duet, playing some low key jigs. Brock joined in soon after, strumming some soft chords in the background.Their immense knowledge of Eire region music, as well as Unovan mountain music and gypsy jazz from Kalos was only part of a grand tradition of Rainbow that dated to the 70's.

(Eire region=Ireland in the Pokeworld
    Mountain music-the Pokeworld equivalent of bluegrass, with a bigger emphasis on instrumentals)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Huh, interesting.)

"This is music I haven't heard in a very long time. It's pretty calm, yet upbeat...I wonder how they can make the mix work like poetry in motion. The harmonica and fiddle duet is really something else too, they compliment each other perfectly if you ask me. The entire performance is spectacular."

Alyssa continued to watch intently while eating her lunch.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

Applause filled the air as the group finished their song. "Thank you..." Brock smiled.

After the group created some wireless mics on themselves, Brock addressed the huge crowd of students. "Hello, idols of Rainbow, and welcome to our first lunchtime concert of the new term." he began, to thunderous cheers. "As much as we love playing these timeless melodies and telling these classic stories, there are a few house rules so we all have a good time..."

"One, hold your applause till the end." Serena began. "The only time it's okay to applaud while the music's still going is if someone's finished a solo."

"You'll know who's soloing if they have a spotlight on them." Misty added. "Secondly, we can and do take requests, but that doesn't give you a free pass to just yell 'PLAY X TUNE!' or 'TELL X STORY!'

"If there's a tune or story you really want to hear, give it to one of the runners, or drop it in the request box when it comes around." Ash explained. "Next, it's okay and encouraged to laugh at the funny parts, boo the villain, and cheer for the heroes.

"And finally, heckling is not tolerated--we've worked hard to learn all these stories and songs for you guys." Brock explained. "If we catch you heckling, you will be asked to leave."

He then readied his guitar to play. "Okay...and one, two, three, four!"

The crowd clapped along as the quartet of guitar, fiddle, Pokeflute, and mandolin kicked off their first set of the day...

4. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Requests as well? All this excitement and fascination, and it's still only my first day. Plus these meals are top of the line if I didn't mention that already. I also know just what song to request. Let's just say it'll be really upbeat..."

Alyssa waited until either mean of requesting a song / story came to her.

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

After playing another set, Brock starts the first story of the day. "You know well that before a Swanna breathes its last, it sings an ancient melody that holds untold power. Well, the three Guardian Birds, Moltres especially, know this song as well, and this holy song proved key for the hero of our first tale today

6. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa's ears perked up almost immideately.

"This story sounds extremely familar...I'm pretty sure I heard this one when I was younger, but I won't undermine Brock or anyone else in this room by spoiling any of the story. Nevertheless, I'd love to hear it again since it's been such a long time. Hope I remember some of it as it goes along."

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

With that, Brock started a somber melody. "There was once a king who was very sick, and all the healers, after a long discussion, said that unless he heard Moltres sing he would die."

"Oh no"s filled the air as Brock went on. "Now, this king had three sons, who he called around him, and said to them..."

"Whoever brings to me Moltres will have the kingdom." he announced in a convincing "king" voice.

As himself, he continued "They all set forth, and stayed together until they came to a tree standing at a crossroads. They all carved their names on the tree, and made a pact that whoever came back to the tree first would wait for the others, so that they could all go home to their father together. This done, they each went on their way."

8. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Oh right, I remember why this was one of my favorite stories. The story starts off sad, but the end is really enlightening and overall happy. The exact way a story is supposed to go. There's also a giant plot twist right when you think the story is going to end, I love it so much."

Alyssa mused a bit more and put her head in her hands and continued listening intently.

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

"When the eldest--whose name is not important--had traveled a little, he met a Lucario, who asked him..." Misty picked up the story.

"Where are you going?" Brock asked in a deep gravelly voice for the Lucario.

"Why should I tell you?" he retorts in a haughty voice for the eldest prince, to some laughter.

Serena waited for the laughter to quiet before continuing "The middle prince also met the Lucario, and also refused to answer him. But the youngest, whose name was Tarion, also met the Lucario, and the Lucario also asked him... "

"Where are you going?" Brock asked as the Lucario.

"My father is very sick, and cannot be healed unless he hears Moltres sing. I and my brothers have gone out to find her." Ash replied as the tale's hero.

"Never mind your brothers," Brock replies as the Lucario. "As they were so rude as to not answer me, they obviously do not need my help. As you were so kind to give me an answer, I will help you on your quest."

10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @WavePearl

(Can Martine make some cameos here once in a while, where appropriate? Just thinking I could add a little zest to this RP - if you and Sugar are okay with it too. I won't talk too much, and you can cue the cameos)

11. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (I wouldn't be objected to this.)

"This story is more interesting than the first time I heard it. Guess that's how the times change I guess. I'm really curious as to how the plot twist will turn out, cause that'll get the entire room excited, I'm pretty confident about it. Even if they don't get excited, emotions will be running high for quite some time afterwards and everyone can get a good dose of emotion once the story is over. It'll be a good thing for everybody, myself included."

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @122 Generation

(Sure--I'd love to see Martine cameo in the story)

@Sugar

As himself, Brock continued over a "traveling" melody "As soon as Prince Tarion climbed on his back, the Lucario began to run so fast, that Prince Tarion almost lost his senses. This went on for twelve hours at least, and about midnight they came to a great city."

He finishes the song some moments later "This is the Kingdom of Fire--its king owns Moltres." he explains as the Lucario. "Go into the palace, and offer your services to him; and see that you get into the house where the birds are kept; there you will see Moltres in a wooden cage, and you must carry her away in it. Don't put her in another, or you will regret it."

"Prince Tarion did everything the Lucario told him to do." Misty picks up the story. "He went into the king's service, and did so well at his work he was eventually named chief bird-keeper. He thought this a golden opportunity to steal Moltres."

"Ooh"s filled the room as Brock went on "...and one day when the king was out hunting, he went into the house to carry out his mission. But when he had Moltres in his hand, he thought the wooden cage was too plain for so beautiful a Pokémon."

"Bad idea!" a boy cautioned to some giggles.

13. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Okay, so maybe I don't remember this story as good as I remembered. There is another story that I would love to hear, it's practically the definition of an emotional rollercoaster, even my feelings didn't know what to do. I'm still waiting for the big plot twist, which should be coming up pretty soon, so these Idols better prepare themselves for the shock of a lifetime, cause they'll be absolutely blown back if they don't. Let's see what happens though."

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

"He took a sparkling golden cage, put Moltres in it, and fled. But he had barely gotten outside the city gate before Moltres screamed in terror." Brock intoned. "Prince Tarion was caught, and thrown into the dungeon. As he sat there all alone in his jail cell, the Lucario appeared through a secret passage in the floor and scolded him for his disobedience. Prince Tarion begged him to forgive him, and help him once more."

"Well," he begins as the Lucario. "Since you genuinely want to make things right again, here is what you must do. When you are led before the king tomorrow, tell him your story, and that you wish to bring your father Moltres, to save his life; and say that if he will give her to you, you will bring him Marla, the most beautiful woman under the sun."

Excited whispers go up at the heroine's name. "Prince Tarion did as he was told the next day." Brock continued as himself "The King of Fire was pleased with Prince Tarion's offer, and allowed him to go free."

He started a 'running' melody as he went on "When he left the palace the Lucario was waiting; and after Prince Tarion had mounted on his back, they were off like the wind again.

When the last chord died, Brock continued "They came to another kingdom by the sea, which was even more beautiful than the Kingdom of Fire."

"This is the Kingdom of the Waves." he explained as the Lucario, playing a mystical melody for the Lucario's motif. "Its king has three daughters, and the youngest, Marla, is the most beautiful lady in the world. You must try and convince the king to take her; but you must take her in the clothes she wears, and not give her new ones."

As himself, he continued over a regal melody "Prince Tarion went into the palace and offered his services, and gradually became the chief servant to the princesses. Then he thought it was time to take Princess Marla; but before he arrived in her room, he began to think that it was a shame that she seemingly had rags for clothes. He took down some beautiful dresses from the wall, and put them on her; but this woke her. She cried for help; and Prince Tarion got thrown in the dungeon once again."

15. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Oh there it is, there's Maria, my favorite character in the story. Her personality is really something else, let me tell you. She practically the complete opposite of me in a million and one ways. Maybe that's why I envy her so much, she's just so...I don't want to call her perfect, but there's literally no other word that you can use to describe her...perfect."

Alyssa mused a little bit more.

#115 Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

(the heroine's name is Marla, not Maria--one of Brock's most used heroine names, alongside Tara, Wendy, and if there are three princesses, Orla, Ariana, and Christina)

"He remembered what the Lucario had said to do to make things right, so when he was brought before the King of the Waves the next day, Prince Tarion told his story, and said that if he would give him Princess Marla, then he would bring him the Legendary steed Epona." Brock went on.

The crowd whispered with excitement over the familiar Ponyta's name. "The King of the Waves was pleased at this, ans set him free." Misty went on. "The Lucario waited at the city gate, and off they went again."

After playing his "running' motif again, Brock went on "When they had made another twelve hours' journey, they stopped near a great shining kingdom at midnight."

"This is the Kingdom of Light." he explained as the Lucario. "Its king has Epona. She is in the stable with the other Ponytas, and you will know her by her shining blue flames and wooden saddle. But don't change the saddle on any account; for if you do you will regret it."

Serena picks up the story next. "Prince Tarion promised to do everything that the Lucario asked of him, went to the palace, and offered his services to the king. He was hired as a stableboy, and did so well at his work that he was soon made head of the stables."

The guitar's song turned mysterious. "One evening, as the King of Light held a great feast, Prince Tarion went into the stable, and untied Epona." Brock went on. "But when he saw the wooden saddle upon the beautiful shining Ponyta, he thought it a pity that a plain saddle was on the legendary steed. So he took a golden saddle, and put it on the Epona. But he had hardly gotten Epona out of the stable when Epona called for help, and..."

"Prince Tarion was put in the dungeon again." many in the crowd say along with Brock without being prompted.

Ash just smiled. "Have you heard this one before?" he asked the audience, to some laughter.

17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
  18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @122 Generation

(I'll tag you if Martine would work in a scene or storyline

19. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "I thought they'd never ask. I know this story like the back of my hand & I do have some interesting facts about all the characters, among other things. Sharing my knowledge would make me a little more noticed around this place since for the millionth time, it's my first day at this academy, so I'll go ahead and share what I know. Who knows, I might even surprise one of the teachers, and probably even myself."

Alyssa raised her hand. "I know a good amount about this story"

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Sugar

"Okay, can you tell everybody what happens next?" Brock challenged Alyssa.