1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Rainbow Superstars (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 20, 2017.

1. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Dug into Alyssa's self-image and changed her opinion on it completely. Which, in Alyssa's case, is a big no-go.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

(Oh, I see.)

After starting a roll sheet down the leftmost row, Brock dove into his planned topic for the day. "As fun as it is to sing and dance, it's not unheard of for many idols to play their own instruments--me and my unitmates included. But what if you didn't take piano lessons, or gave up the Pokeflute after third grade music class, or were not so lucky to have a band or orchestra at your school?"

He smiled. "The truth is, it's never too late to learn an instrument--and no matter what instrument you pick, you can find a way to make it work in your idol image--even if you happen to play the tuba." Giggles went up at this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa flashed a big smile of her own. She already knew how to play an instrument, and not only that, she taught herself how to do it without anyone else's help. She was really nervous to speak up about this, but decided to keep this information to herself, at least until the time was right. This was still right down her alley however.

4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

"But in between all the instruments available to you from the band and the orchestra, and the thousands of exotic instruments around the world, where do you begin to decide?" Brock went on. "The easiest ways to go about this is think about what kind of music you like--as idols, guitar in both acoustic and electric form and the piano lend themselves well to a rock or pop setting. That's not to say you can't dust off your old trumpet, or saxophone, or flute from your band years--if you want to play jazz or something jazz inspired, those fit right at home in that genre."

Then a thought occurred to him. "Remember when I said earlier that even a tuba can work as part of your idol image? That's exactly the schtick of Movin' and Shakin'--you have not lived until you've heard one of your signature songs covered on tubas and its little brother, the euphonium."

5. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa tapped her pen against her cheek, still only half paying attention to the lesson at hand. She just couldn't get what happened yesterday out of her mind, no matter how hard she tried. Thinking about it certainly wasn't helping at all either. Maybe she did need to speak up about it, but to who exactly, and how?

6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

(How can Alyssa feel better? There is a counselor's office on campus...)

7. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Can she visit after class?)

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

(Of course--the counselor's office is always open for any idol to vent to a calm and listening ear)

9. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Thank goodness. Alyssa really needs to get this off her mind.)

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

"Some other things to think about when picking an instrument--where you see yourself playing, your budget, your practice space, and the ease of finding a teacher." Brock went on. "Especially practice space--we'll just say bagpipes wouldn't be such a hot idea in a Closet." Laughter went up at this.

11. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "This is why I went with my flute, because I kept my practice space extremely small. Plus, you can literally play it wherever you want, and whenever you want, depending on the circummstances."

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

(Move on to the counseling office?)

13. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Absolutely. Alyssa really needs to get this off her head.)

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

The counseling office was a warm and inviting space. No matter what was bothering an idol, a group of licensed counselors were there to listen and help them find a way to heal.

"Good morning, miss." the receptionist smiled. "Is this your first time here?"

15. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Yes, this is my first time here. I, uh, have some things on my mind I'd like to discuss with someone willing to listen, and I was referred here by an anonymous source."

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

"All right, just fill out the intake form so we have a better idea of your needs, goals, and counseling style." the receptionist replied, giving Alyssa a new patient form. "Once we know what it is you're looking for out of a counseling session, we'll try to match you to the one that best suits those needs."

17. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Um, okay then." Alyssa seemed clwarly rattled, but she made her way over to the closest available seat and started filling the form out. It seemed a bit long, but she slowly filled out every single question on the form. After she was finished, she looked over her responses one last time before handing the form back to the receptionist. "Here you go. I'm sure you'll find all my responses to be more than sufficient."

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

"This will do very nicely." the receptionist smiled as she looked over Alyssa's answers. "If you need to see a counselor right away, go inside one of the session rooms, and a counselor will be with you shortly."

She went on "This is an open and welcoming space, so appointments are not required, but encouraged if you'd like to see a specific counselor."

19. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Thank you." Alyssa went ahead and poked her head inside the first session room she saw. Luckily, it was empty, so she walked in and took the closest seat. While she was waiting, multiple thoughts were running through her head, mainly the thought of how her problem could be resolved.

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

The session room was friendly and inviting, with inspiring posters on the walls, relaxing music playing softly from a nearby MP3 player on a table, and a number of beautiful flowers that didn't have too overpowering a scent, but just enough to help a client relax.