1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Ranger-does it have a future?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by U44151, Apr 14, 2018.

1. U44151

U44151 Sailor

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽196.0
    inspired from a similar thread about PMD:
    the 3 Pokémon ranger games(1,shadows of almia,guardian signs) had superb plots and settings as well as unique gameplay including the likes of riding suicune,entei and raikou through maps and flying on a lugia,as well as having 6 Pokémon follow you around with no pokeballs.While being heavily underrated,there has in fact been no sequels since guardian signs.What made these games less attractive than the other spin offs according to you?Do you think they will ever come up with one of these for the 3ds?(I admit catching Pokémon by drawing circles around them wasnt the most fun thing)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Lowkey the only reason I got Pokémon Ranger was so I could get a Manaphy egg... XD I was thoroughly disappointed when I found out that the egg was one per cartridge and not one per restart.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    *It was a Latias/Latios (depending on gender, male got Latios, girl got Latias), not Lugia
    I enjoyed Ranger, however I admit that it had a very small fan-base among Pokémon fans. Add on stories/reports of players hurting their hands/wrists due to all the looping...

4. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    The games could be underrated because people just aren't as hooked on the gameplay and stories as the main series. The main series games aren't much about the story- people just wanna beat up bad guys with their awesome mons. As you mentioned, the gameplay isn't exactly thrilling, so that was probably a huge turn off for most people.

5. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I used to play all the Pokémon Ranger games, and I have fond memories of working with a friend in high school to get that one special Deoxys with Meteor Mash.

Sadly, the series didn't exactly get marketed all that well, which is why the fan base for these games is so small. I'm not keeping my hopes up, but if they do decide to reboot the series somehow, I'd be pretty content with that.

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,983.4
    I'd like to see the series make a comeback, but I don't think that will happen. Ranger was never as popular as some of the other spin-offs such as Mystery Dungeon and its just been so long now that most people, or at least those with a more casual interest in the franchise, probably don't even remember that it was a thing if they even knew about it in the first place. There simply isn't enough interest in the series to make it worth the time and effort to bring it back at this point.

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I love the Ranger games and I would like nothing more than to see new ones or maybe even remakes of the three current ones. Is one of the only spin-off series I've ever really invested a lot of time and energy on as well as replayed. I'm not so sure we'll ever see the Ranger games make a comeback though as it seems like Game Freak have not given the spin-off a second thought since the last game which is was almost 8 years ago.

8. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    As much as the ranger games were cool, I do not think they'd have as much of a future when it comes to the Switch which is where the franchise is moving too. Although they could use the 3DS as a place for side games like Ranger, so who knows for certain. Maybe with this shift we might see more side games being released.

9. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    bluntly speaking: no

Ranger had an okay run I think; I was never interested in the games personally but it was always intriguing how those games would keep up side-by-side with the more popular PMD games.

I think it's time to put the games to rest though. We haven't even had a Gen VII PMD yet, which worries me about there ever being a future for that much less Ranger.

10. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    There hasn't been a new Ranger in a while, so I really doubt it's coming back. I guessed that would probably be the case when the release price for the last game was only $20. I don't think it was expected to do very well.

11. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I never really liked it, but I mean, where were the physics of Pokeballs? I mean, sure, you were a ranger, you rounded up Pokémon. But what does making circles around a Pokémon have to actually do with, well, Pokémon?

12. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I’ve said multiple times on here that I won’t rest before we have a 3D ranger game. :fuming:

That aside though, I doubt we’re getting a new one. Especially after reading some of the things said in here. It’s sad because they were good games, but I guess I can add it to the list of games I really want but probably won’t happen.

13. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    Probably not, unfortunately. I wish it did (I mean, I think Pokémon Rangers: Guardian Signs was my first Pokémon game ever), but the money probably just isn't in it.

14. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    They really stopped caring about Ranger after Guardian Signs. Although the concept is great, it didn't really have a lasting impression because it was difficult to build relationships. Yes, we had partner Pokémon, but we didn't really get a chance to truly interact with them (besides Ukulele Pichu, which is honestly the best out of all of them). There just wasn't personality to get invested in.

15. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    They might? I only say this because of one thing.

They mention Rangers in Detective Pikachu and I haven't seen that mentioned in a long while. This might be some sort of hint or something.

16. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I really liked the Rangers series, but it has no future. The fan base is small and honestly, where would the series go from here? Guardian Signs was a good concept but the money wasn't behind it. If we do get another ranger game how much money will it be working with? The only way the series would come back is if Nintendo puts in good money into marketing and replaced the circle making mechanic to appeal to a wider audience. It does take away a bit of the magic but that's the only future I can see it succeeding and I don't see any of this happening.