1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Reconnection

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by CharlieWeasleyfan, Apr 21, 2017.

1. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    In Aspertia City, there was a Pokémon School. One of the students though stood out compared to the others. Julia Rin was 10 and didn't even approach a Pokémon. Cheren began to notice that and questioned it severly.

As all the kids arrived, he watched as Julia took her seat at the window. Where the Pokémon never went. As all the kids were playing with the Pokémon, Cheren took that moment to go ask her.

"Julia?" She looked up and he had the soft eyes that might get her to talk. "I've been meaning to ask you something. You never go around the Pokémon. Why is that? Did something happen?"

"I don't want to tell you," she answered.

"Please," he pleaded. He pushed her blonde hair back behind her ear and she looked up with glossy emerald eyes. Cheren knew those eyes. They were te eyes that pleaded for love and pleaded for help.

"Did you hurt a Pokémon? Or did the hurt you?"

"Um," she stalled.

"Julia," Cheren pleaded. He looked up at her and smiled softly. She slowly realized that he was the only one in school she could trust.

"I'll tell you tonight."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    @[member="Chrysa-Hiyama"] It seems like it could be a good premise, but I'd have to see more! It's hard for me to tell how this is going to play out with just this much to go on, so hopefully we can see more of it. Are you up for constructive criticism?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    @[member="Syaoron the Fox"] yes I am

4. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    @[member="Chrysa-Hiyama"] Excellent!

So perhaps I'm a sucker for drawing things out, but personally it seems like there should be more development to the character in question. What does Julia look like? How does she act? Why does she feel that she can only trust her teacher Cheren? This can be explained, perhaps, by a small narrative describing how she enters the school. Maybe she is timid, and has a hard time making friends, or perhaps the others pick on her because of her apparent disparity with Pokémon. I'd like to know a bit more about the character before jumping into her plot-defining struggle.

Otherwise, it seems like a good premise. Your grammar could use a bit of polishing, but so could everyone's. I'd definitely like to see more.

5. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As Cheren and Julia sat down after class he noticed on her face there were cuts the size of Growlithe claws. "Julia?"

"Yeah I know. Remember Mom's Growlithe?"

"It did that?"

"Yeah and when one attacked and I hit it back. But now no Pokémon likes me," she replied. Cheren carefully pushed the blonde hair covering her emerald eyes. He could tell she was truly hurt from the Pokémon. She didn't want to be hated.

"They don't. It's just an instinct. They'll understand," he answered after a while.

She nodded and after a moment the view of her mother came in. Her pale green hair and black eyes were menacing. "Let's go Julia."

"Yes mother," she answered.

Cheren could see that in her eyes were fear. Her mother was up to something.

"Unfortunately the class will be having a sleepover tonight. So I can not hand her over. You signed the form on her first day," he countered.

"Fine," she sneered.

6. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Interesting Student-Teacher relationships, but I won't question it. It's acceptable ambiguity, as they say, and culture isn't something they really brushed on a lot in those games. It'll be good to see where this goes!

7. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As all the kids got into the courtyard for some evening games, Julia joined them. "Can I play?" She wanted to try and make a new friend.

"No," they answered. She nodded and then saw a group of kids just playing with some of the Ducklett.

"Hi," she greeted.

"No," they quickly answered. As Cheren came out he saw that and walked over to the lonely girl who now just sat on the playground without a Pokémon or kid to play with.

"Hey why aren't you playing with everyone else?" He actually was confused. She was a really nice kid.

"Nobody wants to play with me," she answered.

Cheren released his Lillipup and in no time it was all over her and licking her face. "What was that?"

"Okay I'm sorry," she giggled. Cheren planned to make her really enjoy being around Pokémon again.

8. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As it became late at night Cheren had all the kids in bed. Julia was sleeping and Cheren's Lilliup was in her arms.

He finally fell asleep at 1 AM and heard the children snoring. But by 3 he heard someone moving. So he stood up and looked to see Julia by the window.

"Hey. It's late you should be asleep," he sighed in relief.

"I can't."

He smiled and picked her up and laid with her in his arms and Lillipup with them. She slept finally but as se woke up she saw she was alone and felt her face was messy. She sat up and saw in a mirror, there was marker all over her face.

Cheren walked in and saw she was trying to get it off. "What happened?" He grabbed a washcloth and immediately got it under warm water.

"I woke up like this," she answered.

"Let's get that off," he answered as he rung out the cloth. It took a few minutes to wash it off but finally, it was off. It then became clear that others were in the room and laughing. But Julia ignored it. She was scared and pretending nothing happened.

But all day she got mocked.

9. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As the end of the day came all the kids in Julia's class had caught a wild Pokémon, but Julia hadn't caught 1. "Why didn't you catch 1? Are you that bad they all escaped?" She shook her head but stood up and went to the window. She knew that all the Pokémon just didn't like her. She watched as Cheren just made sure they all were healed and smiled.

I'm sure you're wondering about her father. Julia doesn't know him because he was dead by the time her memory worked right. She just sat there until her mom came to get her. When she got there she had a snarl on.

She walked outside and her mom just kept shoving her towards their home. When they got inside she saw her mom's Machamps waiting and she tried to get out. But her mom began attacking her with Mach Punches.

Cheren's POV

I became worried for Julia today. She has not caught 1 Pokémon and woke up with marker on her face. I understand that she's different from the others but making fun of her is unfair. I walked home and walked by a house and heard screaming and crying. That concerned me. I walked straight up to the door and as I glanced in the window I saw Julia getting attacked.

"Musharna! Let's go!" I was not waiting for authorization. I got the door open and her mother looked alarmed. "Psychic attack."

The Machamps got distracted by Musharna, so Julia crawled over to the door and Cheren got her outside. He ran with her in his arms and into the hospital. Immediately she was taken in.

"I hate to ask sir but what's your relation to her?"

"I'm her teacher and her mother was using her Pokémon to beat her up," he explained.

"Thank you. Just wait out here and we will get you when you can see her."

10. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As Cheren was waiting for Julia he also was informing Officer Jenny about what he saw. "Does she flinch at your touch?"

"No. I didn't see any signs of that. I think she's never had a father figure in her life," he admitted.

"Well her mother is outside. She's demanding to see her kid," she sighed.

"I can't see her so good luck with her getting in," he sighed.

As he finished his sentence she came in with an angry looking man. "You child stealing teacher!"

"Let me know when that's the truth Ms. I beat my daughter up with my Machamps," he scoffed.

The hospital literally watched him and he smirked. "I would never!"

"Yeah? Well Julia was heard screaming and crying. I went to the door to check it out and as I knocked I could see through the window. Julia was getting attacked with 2 Machamps Mach Punches. Her mother just stood there. So she's the organizer. If you were a mom you'd fight for her. Tell her she'd be okay. Bring her here. But you didn't," he replied.

11. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    When Julia woke up she could see in the waiting room. Cheren was arguing with her mom. She looked down and saw something in her hand. A Pokéball. She remembered instantly. She had managed to knock her mom's Machamps Pokeballs off her belt. She then saw the Machamps about to make a move.

Cheren's POV

I stumbled backwards as her mother sent Machamps at me. But just as I was about to be hit they disappeared. I looked at Julia's mom. She didn't do it and neither did the man with her. I glanced and saw a barely awake Julia with 2 Pokeballs.

"Julia," I breathed.

The doctors were already back to work on her and the Pokeballs were taken. As she was sat up I saw she looked terrified and she pointed to behind me and I knew what that meant.

Her mom was about to attack me. Finally though Sabrina from Kanto came in and held her back. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Now I want to go see Julia," I answered as a doctor came out. I followed them and all bandaged up she still looked like the sweet girl who never talked.

"Hi," she greeted.

"How you feeling?"

"I'm so numb," she admitted.

"Probably better that you are numb," Sabrina joked. She nodded and then saw her mom. She was being taken away.

"She won't hurt you ever again," I promised her.

12. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As Cheren and Sabrina watched Julia get discharged, they were cautious with her.

"Do you want to lay down? Have a drink?"

"No I'm okay," she answered. Sabrina knew though and laid her cautiously down in the car.

"You say that you are but you need to get some rest. Don't worry. Cheren will have you home soon," Sabrina assured as she covered her up. Julia in no time fell asleep and Cheren was able to go for the 2 hour drive home.

Cheren enjoyed the peacefulness. There were soft snores from Julia and the music quietly playing in the background.

As he arrived to the lush home in the forest, he took Julia in and laid her on the couch. "You'll be okay soon. She won't hurt you again. I promise," he whispered as he prepared some dinner.

Finally though she woke up to the small of his meal. But she wasn't alone. There was a Serperior at her feet. "Where am I?"

Cheren smiled as he walked out to her. "You're in my home. Officer Jenny recommended you stay with me. Don't worry dinner is almost ready. Then you should get a bath in so you can sleep better," he answered.

"Okay," she answered.

13. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    In the morning Cheren shook her lightly awake and she was smiling already. As she stood up, Sabrina and him helped her move. Her one leg was to have no pressure on it whatsoever.

As they all sat down for breakfast, Julia once again only barely touched her food. Cheren knew it would take time. So he didn't press it. But as they got ready for school he handed her an apple. "Here. I want you to try and eat down to the core til we get to school," he explained.

"Okay," she stammered.

Instead of walking like he normally would, Cheren drove since Julia's one foot was no pressure. As they got there she had gotten through half the apple. She was still eating. Which meant she was still hungry. She just didn't know who to trust yet.

As they got inside, she saw all the kids were looking jealous. "What I do?"

"Nothing. You're just so close to me they are jealous. The think that I never cared. But they'll understand by this afternoon," he answered.

She nodded and sat down beside her best friend Dominic. "Hey Julia."

"Hi."

"I heard from my mom," he whispered. She nodded at him and he was her best buddy. She knew that his mom was Officer Jenny and that he would have heard.

"Okay class today we will be going out to the Pokémon House," Cheren informed.

14. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As all the kids walked out to the Pokémon House, Julia saw one of her favorite Pokémon. It was a Mincinno. She smiled and put her hand out but it merely ran away. She sighed and sat underneath a tree as all the other students played with Pokémon. Cheren smiled at that but then noticed Julia once again had no Pokémon around. Or so he thought. As he walked over a Shinx appeared and laid on her lap. She didn't know how to react so Cheren walked over slowly and smiled. "Shinx seems to have taken a liking to you," he chuckled.

"A little," she answered. But Shinx was more than happy with her. In fact, he was content to see a calmer trainer in the Pokémon House. He watched as his Lillipup went free and nudged against Shinx and Shinx merely moved over for Lillipup to have some room.

"Julia," Dominic called.

She smiled and walked over to him with Shinx. "Hey," she giggled. Cheren smiled and almost had a tear prick his eye. In his 2 years of being her teacher, he had never heard her laugh the way she just had. She actually was happy. "I'm going to go ask Cheren if I can go catch a Pokémon. I want to try again," she explained.

"I want to come with you," he responded.

"Class we're going out into the field to try and catch another wild Pokémon," Cheren informed. All the kids had to get 2 Pokémon by the end of the year. As they went out, Cheren watched as a new flare of confidence went through Julia. She borrowed a Lillipup from the school and managed to catch her own Lillipup and then a Riolu appeared out of nowhere and she managed to catch is well.

As they walked inside all the kids had their Pokémon and looked happy. Cheren healed them all up and then watched as all the kids were just playing with their Pokémon. But Julia wasn't. He walked over and sat beside her only to see she was using the computers to get some information on Lillipup.

"I think I'm going to call up an old friend and ask them to give me a little favor in return," he informed.

"What's that?"

"I'm going to get you a Pokémon that Professor Juniper gives out," he answered. He swore if Julia could be a Christmas tree she was lit right up.

15. Jewls

Jewls School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽24.2
    This is starting to looked really good

16. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As Sabrina came to the school after class she saw Julia playing with a Lillipup and Shinx. "I see you've been busy," she chuckled. Julia looked up and nodded. Cheren had her crutches by his desk so she was restrained to sitting down. "Here let's get you up. Cheren when was her last bathroom break?"

"Oh yeah. She should have one. By the way, she caught 2 Pokémon today," he answered. Sabrina looked at her and she nodded.

"Which ones?"

"Lillipup and Riolu," she answered.

"Any others?"

"No. But I want to catch a Shinx," she answered as Sabrina and Cheren helped her to her feet.

"The one here at the Pokémon House has taken a fascination to her. I'm going to ask the principal about giving it to her," Cheren answered. Sabrina then helped out Julia in moving.

While they were in the washroom, Cheren began packing his things and he saw Shinx walk in. "Shinx!"

He looked to see Sabrina and Julia had returned. The Shinx immediately jumped up into her arms. "So this is the Pokémon that's taking a liking to you?"

"Yeah," she answered.

"I could see that today," her principal chuckled.

"Yes sir," Cheren answered.

"If you want the Shinx it's your's," he assured. Shinx looked to her with pleading eyes. Julia smiled and nodded at it. It hopped down as Cheren tossed Julia a Pokéball. She caught it and let it hit Shinx as she gave it a weak throw. Within seconds the Pokéball stopped squirming around and settled.

"Great. Let's get home," Sabrina answered.

"Yeah. I'm getting hungry," Julia confessed.

"Might have something to do with you didn't eat lunch today," Cheren teased as he picked up the Pokéball and put it on Julia's belt. As they got in the car, Julia let her Shinx out of it's Pokéball. "We'll be home in a little bit. Soon as we're home I'll get to work on dinner," he assured.

17. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As promised, Cheren got to work on dinner as soon as he got in the door. But Julia didn't want to work on it or any homework. She wanted to play with her Shinx. "Julia time to wash up," Sabrina called.

She crutched her way to the bathroom where Sabrina held the crutches as she feebly washed her hands and face. When she was all done, Cheren was by the door and picked her up like he would if she were even smaller and carried her to the table. As she sat down and the other two did as well, they began to eat. "So what did you like about today's lesson?"

Cheren loved to instigate the once shy girl in a conversation. "Going out into the Pokémon house," she decided. Cheren nodded knowing that was true. Whenever they were in the Pokémon house, she was a lot happier.