1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Sun Nuzlocke pool

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Jeydis, Aug 22, 2017.

?

What Class should I play in this challenge run?

1. Medium (Psychic and Ghost)

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Hex Maniac (Psychic, Ghost and Dark)

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Mysterious Stranger (Psychic, Ghost, Dark and Fairy)

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Tai Chi Master (Psychic and Fighting)

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Brainiac (Psychic, Steel and Electric)

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Faba (Pure Psychic, Drowsee Starter)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,267.0
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Alola everyone!

I am planning a special Nuzlocke run of Pokémon Sun in the coming days and I need your help! I love to do restricted type runs when I do these nuzlocke challenges and I normally theme them on in-game trainer classes. Now for this run I want to work with Psychic types for sure but I would like to leave it up to you guys for the other types (I will be doing this by replacing the ingame starter with a more thematic Pokémon btw).

So vote in the pool above to decide my destiny! Heh excuse my touch of drama there.

While we are at it, let's discuss challenge runs. Have any of you run self-imposed rules to your Pokémon runs? Anything out of the ordinary (not Nuzlocke)? I would love to hear from you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SnowboundBecca likes this.
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I voted for Mysterious Stranger. There are tons of Fairy types in Sun and Moon, and they will be your best friends in the long run.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I also went with Mysterious Stranger after thinking on the Pokémon available in the region. I almost always had a Pokémon that was either Dark/Ghost/Fairy/Psychic on my team, and ultimately won thanks to a Fairy type. :)

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    This sounds really cool! I look forward to reading the log. Please do remember that the actual log has to go into Pokémon General.

5. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Mysterious Stranger sounds fun! You'll have a bit more versatility but still a common theme throughout your team.

With nuzlockes, even though I always try to catch every first route encounter, I like to have a type balance with my team. So even if I get a great Pokémon on a new route, I'll keep it stored in the PC if it shares the exact same type as another Pokémon on my team I already have trained.

6. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I voted for Mysterious Stranger and Brainiac since both have pretty interesting type exclusives, and can try to be a little more balanced in the game.

But this sounds like it's gonna be interesting! I'm looking forward to reading the nuzlocke here!

7. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,267.0
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Thank you everyone for your votes! I have started the Mysterious Stranger run (in Moon in the end, did not want to splurge on getting Sun so late in the game's lifetime with Ultras coming around) and I will be posting my journal and team updates shortly!