1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon TCG Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sheep, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    When I collected cards, I collected them primarily to admire the different kinds of amazing artwork. My favorite artist was Naoyo Kimura. So I was wondering, does anyone else have a favorite TCG artist? Or perhaps a least favorite?

(Note: The artist of a card always says somewhere on it in small letters!)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BadPandaPancham

BadPandaPancham PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    I hate the ones with the 3D models. They look disgusting.
    I was trying to post an image of the original set Starmie card which has made me not like Starmie that much since as long as I was a kid, but my dumb phone won't let me :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Ken Sugimori, that's not even a competition xD

4. Nova

Nova Hiker

Rose
    (Skitty)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Well, I have an Ancient Mew, but it's not in the greatest shape ^^;

5. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    When I was younger, I had a huuge binder with tons of sleeves that I put all my cards in. Sometimes I'd spend hours organizing them. At one point I had them organized by National Pokédex number.

Eventually that binder broke, and all the sleeves were old and worn (especially since I shoved multiple cards of the same Pokémon in one slot), so then I just put them all in one big box.

How do you store your cards, or how did you used to store them? Have you kept them organized?

6. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I was definitely a collector! I had hundreds of cards but never once learned how to play. I just liked them for the artwork, honestly.

7. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    As the title says.

If you buy your cards, where specifically do you like to buy them?

8. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Do you have any special memories or interesting/funny stories related to Pokémon Cards? I wanna hear some. :)

9. Butternut

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    I organize them all by type and because most of my cards are from Diamond/Pearl and thus have levels on their cards, I also organize each type by level... Yeah I like to keep stuff organized xD

10. Butternut

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    I always bought them at a local toy store, I don't buy them anymore though, but if I were to buy them again, for whatever reason, I'd still go there.

11. Butternut

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    I was a really stupid kid xD I once traded a whole pile of cards for something else, not sure what, but I remember that it was a stupid deal.

12. Butternut

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    I actually used to play the game with my brother, although we didn't follow the rules xD But I as of right now, I just collect them.

13. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I got them from a friend xD He said that they found someone who sold about 350 cards for $5, so they couldn't say no to that :D

14. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    They are all in my pen case, which I take to school every day :D This is not even a joke, seriously! I only have about 80 anyway, and I took them to school one day, and I guess I just never took them out xD

15. BadPandaPancham

BadPandaPancham PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    Just a big bag they are all in. Previously, they were all thrown into a tub. I want a binder with card sheets but they are too expensive since I'd rather be collecting cards then materials to collect said cards. My older brother already uses the card sheets and his huge binder for his Magic collection. I haven't been able to collect cards in years (like literally 7-8 years) so that is also another reason to not buy the stuff for me. I have only gotten card stuff here and there randomly and rarely since I don't want to spend too much on them even though I want to collect again.

16. sam579

sam579 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    my favorite EX?
    it will always be yveltal ex. Because i got it from XY prerelease and played it in my deck when i won Finland nationals and got free flight to DC whit my dad :)

17. sam579

sam579 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    i have played the game for 2 years now but i dont really collect i just trade cards i dont need for somthing else

18. FanaticLaGuy06

FanaticLaGuy06 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Ah, the trading card game. A fond memory of my middle school years. In the time I collected the cards, I must have gotten over 2000 of them. I only went of to the Johto set because after that I lost interest in the cards but I still play the games. My collection of cards are still on display in my room, however. I tend to keep things from my childhood for nostalgic reasons.

19. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Have you ever stumbled upon Pokémon cards with errors in them? Sometimes they are minor things like a typo, or major aspects such as a move's attack power or hit points. They can be funny in a way as well, as it is rare to see errors in Pokémon cards as there are so many to collect. I think the first error I stumbled upon was an old "Dark Exeggutor" card I had that spelled Exeggutor as Exeggcutor instead. XD

[​IMG]

20. Butternut

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    I actually do own certain error cards, but the one I remember from the top of my head is a Vulpix card that says HP50 instead of 50HP, it's a minor thing, but when I was a kid I always wondered why that one was different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.