1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon TCG Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sheep, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I have a medium-sized binder for some of my favorite cards and that's where I've been storing a chunk of the ones I'd collected over time. Most of them are stacked neatly in a kitty print bin and tucked away in my drawer though, haha. Eventually, when my collection gets bigger, I plan to buy some more bins and possibly a bigger binder. :'3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    There's this card that I believe I had and it always bothered me:

[​IMG]

For those who don't notice the error, it shows Wartortle as the stage 1 card when it should be Squirtle. Ahh!

3. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ThatPsychoticPichu

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I have a Registeel card, but the error at the top says Terrakion xD Its hilarious lol

5. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    @[member="Doomhound"] They've always had the first stage Pokémon listed as first stage; that error was pointed out on Bulbapedia, too. Here are some card examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See how they have Bulbasaur and Charmander listed as stage 1? It's supposed to be the same here.

6. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    [​IMG]
    Copyright 1999-23000. That always kind of bothered me. Oh well. Looks like Pokémon will be going for a long time.

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,716.9
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Lol Wartortle evolves from.....Wartortle it seems, now we know that. The pre-evolution for the image basic Pokémon is wrong because it shows Wartortle instead of Squirtle.

The cards are set up to show you what evolution stage the Pokémon is on and which Pokémon came before it. So it says Stage 1 because Wartortle is a stage 1 Pokémon that evolves from the basic Pokémon Squirtle, or it would have if they hadn't added Wartortle to the pre-evolution image.

I got a Vulpix card somewhere that says VP 60 instead of HP 60.

8. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    All these errors hurt my head, ahahaha.

But yeah, there are a handful of cards with "HP xx" printed instead of "xx HP" and I'm pretty sure I have some. iirc Caterpie was one of them? Would have to dig through my tin to find out.

[​IMG]

Anyone else bothered by the off-center energy cards? x'D;;

9. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Am I the only one using this thread as a fun game to try to find the errors in the cards before reading the explanation? C':

I personally never noticed any errors on any of my cards growing up, but this all reminds me of when the Pokerap mixed up Geodude and Graveler or something like that, drove me crazy.

10. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    Everytime i went to this old 99cent store they had these Pokémon cards and there HP was at like 9999HP xD i ricked a lot of people i think i still have them xD

11. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Ah error cards. I have a bunch of these in my Gen I collection. Too bad they're not much more valuable than the regulars, but they are fun to look for and own. There are also cards that have no shadow around the image of the Pokémon. I have several of these types as well, often called shadowless cards.

12. BadPandaPancham

BadPandaPancham PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
  13. GardyVoira

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I play the TCG more than I collect. I'm pretty decent at it, too (my current deck is Virizion/Genesect but I'm thinking of using some sort of Yveltal deck).

14. GardyVoira

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Genesect is mine, followed by Darkrai. I love having pre-errata Pokémon Catcher pretty much whenever I want it.

15. GardyVoira

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I like buying my booster boxes from this enormous airplane hangar-like card shop that's about an hour away from where I live. Their stuff is cheap compared to hobby stores.

16. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I always got my cards from my friends, or on the floor.. but, when I do buy my own cards, I usually get them from expansion packs that I get from Target.

17. Sony Zero

Sony Zero Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Mine would be my Rocket's Scizor Ex card. For two reasons.
    A. because I got it in a randomly out of one those packs of 20 or less cards. I almost screamed when I saw it.
    B. My cousin wants the card so badly and I'll never let him have it! Muhahaha the card will be buried with my dead body, XDD (jk)

[​IMG]

18. Sony Zero

Sony Zero Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I can't beat an Ancient Mew card, but mine would be Dark Celebi (4/101) and Butterfree (2/112). I still have both of them. I got my Butterfree in a small pack of random cards from Walmart. I loved my Butterfree! But my Celebi was in those full decks they sell at Walmart. I remember opening the deck in the car like I normally do, I was after the card shown on the deck only when I looked over the deck did I find my Dark Celebi. At the time I didn't care about it's look, attacks, or rarely. I cried my eyes out while I laughed. I looked like a crazy person. All I cared about and still do is that I have my favorite Pokémon as a card. I always keep it in my battle deck. I won't battle with out my Dark Celebi.

19. Sony Zero

Sony Zero Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Well I feel like a child telling this. But I got my first card from an old house. I found it in a wall, XDD I hated the card but it looked odd so I took it on the bus with me. I was playing on give it to some of the Pokémon Kids. See on my school bus, and many of the others, kids would trade them as they waited to be dropped off or picked up. What ended up happening was I traded the card for another and shown how to trade them and battle by my cousins. I was hooked. I buy my cards from Walmart, because it's close, trade with other people when I find others and family mostly. I haven't got new cards in over five years, but plan to catch-up on the cards.

20. Sony Zero

Sony Zero Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    ...I can't list all of them...I have a full deck full of my favorites. So I'll just show one of them.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.