1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon TCG Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sheep, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Just to be a jerk and one up you... I have both of these, except both are the secret rare versions with the gold edging. Not a big difference but looks a little cooler and is worth more

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    I started collecting when I was about 9-10, my first set was the then new Majestic Dawn from the D/P series :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I started collecting long before I knew the games even existed XD I think I was 10 years old at the time.

4. JirachiWish

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I know this doesn't sound real, but got a lot of my cards from the street. One day I found a plastic bag FILLED with Pokémon cards just lying in an alley... I guess somebody didn't want them anymore.

All the other cards I have are simply bought in the store. :)

5. JirachiWish

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Both! I love buying Pokémon cards, and I love playing them as well. It's such an awesome card game. But I don't know anybody in real life, so I can only play with my little brother. :P

6. JirachiWish

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    My favorite one that I own is the Birthday Pikachu card which I wote my name on. :P I've had it for years and it's so cute and shiny, and means a lot to me.

7. JirachiWish

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Well, I actually have a LOT of cards with errors but that's because they're fakes... errors (mainly typos) can be a sign that your Pokémon card is fake D:

But not always... I have a few legit cards that show the wrong evolution image as well. :P

8. JirachiWish

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I have a few binders, but I keep most of my Pokémon cards in Pokémon tins. :) Sadly, they're getting rusty. :(

9. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Yep, I'm pretty much both. I love collecting cards (especially shinies!) but I also love playing the TCG.

I play it in real life though, and not online, because of one simple fact: A bunch of cards that are in my decks can't be transfered onto TCGO, which kind of sucks. Without them, my decks would be incomplete, which would put a damper on my day. Though I still occasionally go on just for the fun of it.

10. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    I had an ancient mew, but I gave it to an old friend, after they gave me a Victini I won off them, as well as the fact they were moving elsewhere.

I own a few I believe to be rare (not sure though) but I'll mention one I've been told is rare: My psychic type, delta species, dragon frontiers, shiny Typhlosion:
    [​IMG]
    It's pretty cool, if you ask me.

*edit: this one doesn't have the Dragon Frontiers logo on it, but my one does (it's in the picture box, right next to Typhlosions face.

11. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Both, but i'm more of a player than a collector. I'm trying to make new decks from the cards I get. (Stuck with Virizion/Genesect.)

12. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    I don't so much have one favorite, more like three: one trainer, one energy (yes, that's possible) and one Pokémon:

Trainer is wally's Training: The ability to just evolve your Pokémon is awesome: you search through the deck until you find a Pokémon that evolves from your active one, then you evolve your active Pokémon.

Energy is a particular Holon Energy I have. It's only colorless energy, but it has a nifty bonus: if the Pokémon this card is attached to has water energy attached, you have no weakness (I think) and if it's attached to a Pokémon with psychic energy, then the retreat cost is 0

Finally, a Pokémon would have to be my Druddigon. With rough Skin (if the foe damages Druddigon, you put 2 damage counters on the foe) and clutch (60 damage, foe cannot escape next turn) it's pretty deadly. It's also the card that sparked my love for Druddigon.

13. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    When taking a look at some of the attacks in Pokémon video games, a large majority were actually based off of the attacks that Pokémon use in the Trading Card Game. What moves do you think from the Trading Card Game would be interesting to see in Pokémon video games? What would the move be like in the video game?

I would like to see moves such as Water Arrow, Combustion, Glide, Hypnoblast, Aqua Flower, and Shadow Drain. Water Arrow could be a water type version of Psyshock. Combustion could be a fire type version of Self Destruct. Glide could be a a flying type version of Smack Down. Hypnoblast could be a move similar to Zap Cannon, except it would be psychic and with a sleep effect. Aqua Flower could be like Flying Press but special and water/grass. Finally, Shadow drain would be the dark type equivalent to Giga Drain.

14. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    The charmander ditto knows Firework. It could be like the fire version of water pulse. Where it has a chance to confuse.

15. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I would love to see Aqua Flower, Water Arrow, and Shadow Drain as well.
    Boyfriends would be interesting to see, and Sonic Distortion sounds menacing.

16. Ricken

Ricken

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I don't own any Pokémon cards and I don't really want to get into it. What do you guys think I should do? Should I get a few cards?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.