1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Jun 23, 2020.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    After emerging victorious in Galar's Gym Challenge, and being hailed as the Hero/Heroine of Galar, Victor and Gloria told you about a large island known as the Isle of Armor, where martial arts are a pivotal part of the culture. They tell you to track down the Kikuzu Dojo--there, you and your Pokémon could benefit from training.

The masters of the dojo, Master Karashi and Master Mitsu, welcome you and explain to you why Victor and Gloria have sent you here-- to guide a Kubfu on its evolutionary journey. The Journey of Evolution, as this long quest is called, requires the Kubfu master a thousand unique martial arts, and claim the jewels from the tops of the Jeweled Towers--Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, Thunder, Snow, Wood, the Sun, the Moon, Spirit, Darkness, and Light. Once the journey is completed, the Kubfu will evolve into one of twelve Urshifu forms, depending on which style the Kubfu is attuned to the most.

But in order to guide a Kubfu on its evolutionary journey, an aspiring guide must first pass three trials--catch three speeding Slowpoke, a unique trial with your own weapon, and battling one of the dojo's top students.

Will you earn the right to guide a Kubfu? What wonders and terrors await you and your Kubfu?

--Character's name

--Character's age (anywhere from 10 to 13 is fine)

--Character's physical appearance (what your character basically looks like)

--Character's personality/backstory (what is your character like, and what led them to the Isle of Armor?)

--Has your character had any martial arts instruction before? If so, which art have they trained in, and what belt/rank do they have? If not, would they want to learn? (this will affect what weapon you get for the second trial)

Character's Pokémon (up to five, since you need room for your Kubfu. Any known Pokémon is allowed, but if you have a Legendary on your team, briefly explain how your character met the Legendary.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Excuse me, is this RP still open? If yes, I wanna apply for this one. My OC is still in progress, though. Here's my OC:
    Name: Marissa Dee
    Appearance: (Not shown: a pink backpack complementing her pink, kitty belt)
    upload_2020-8-11_5-14-18.jpeg
    Backstory: Marissa and Alvin Dee are a pair of twins hailing from Hulbury who took part in the Galar League together. They were so inseparable to the point of Raihan, who usually conducts his gym battles as double battles, allowing them to challenge him as a pair instead of doing so individually. However, after finishing their gym challenges and upon hearing about these two places called the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra, they decided to split up to explore both places at the same time. Marissa chose to make her way to the Isle of Armor while Alvin opted to explore the Crown Tundra all by himself. For the purpose of this RP, I'll focus on Marissa's adventure at the Isle of Armor.
    Personality: Marissa has quite a good physical endurance yet haven't gotten any martial arts instructions because she used to leave the physical fighting to her twin brother. Her inquisitiveness, however, is much better than her brother's to the point that she's willing to take on the training offered by the Kikuzu Dojo. She does have a Rotom Bike but only uses it to cross water bodies because she prefers to ride her Rapidash on the land.
    Pokémon:
    • Sniper (male Inteleon)
    • Blues (male Toxtricity, the Low Key one)
    • Yeti (female Abomasnow)
    • Vivian (female Flygon)
    • Alicorn (male Rapidash, the Galarian one)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @sanianisa

Yes, it's still open.

I can't see the picture of your character--can you write out a description, or re-upload the picture?

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Ah, my bad. I've edited my entry to re-upload the picture.

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @sanianisa

Okay, I can see it now--you are Accepted!

Is it okay if we do this one on one, or do you want to wait for more?

6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I can go either way.

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @sanianisa

All right, I'm making the IC thread now--this will remain open for discussion and any questions. Late signups are not being taken.

8. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Is this thing open. Also do you take in dudes who have seen the gameplay of sw/sh?

9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I personally wish this would be turned into a group RP considering where my character is at the moment. But in the end, it's ultimately up to @WavePearl to decide as the host of this RP.

Ignem likes this.
  10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @Ignem

I can turn this into a group RP if you make a good character. Be warned, this is not the same Sword/Shield you remember, nor the same DLC you remember.

11. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I actually don't remember anything other than the two types of Urshifus.

--Character's name: Cobalt Cross

--Character's age: 13

--Character's physical appearance:
    [​IMG] (he has brown eyes though)
    Wears a blue jacket over a white t-shirt, black jeans and sneakers.

--Character's personality/backstory: Cobalt always dreamed of being a Pokémon trainer. He started out in kanto with his Charmander at the age 10. He has travelled through Kanto, Hoenn and Kalos. Then he decided to travel to Isle of armor because he found out that there where several different new Pokémon there and also wanted to test out the dynamax phenomenon happening there. He deeply cares for his Pokémon. Over the three years of travelling he has matured as a trainer. He knows freerunning.

Any type of martial arts- No
    Would they like to learn?- Yes

Pokémon team: Charizard, Sceptile, Greninja, Espeon, Manectric(S)

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @Ignem

Not bad--my only question is what kind of martial art does your character wish to learn? (this affects an event)

13. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I learned Taekwondo for 2 years so i will go for that

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @Ignem

Of the generally accepted Pokémon paths, any of the three Beasts or Mightyena would match up with real life Tae Kwon Do.

Raikou style focuses on power with some defense
    Suicune style is balanced
    Entei is more defensive minded with some offense
    Mightyena focuses on a tactical power based style

15. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    i would go for mightyena

16. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    But that would mean i am getting the dark one right?

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @Ignem

In this case you are using the dark to serve the light. Mightyena is as cunning as he is strong, and uses what his opponent has to counter any strategy.

SAF likes this.
  18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Anyway, questions:
    • Speaking of Pokémon paths, will Marissa's be explored later on? Neither Marissa nor I have decided yet. :sweat:
    • How and when will Cobalt enter the RP? Depending on the answer, Marissa may or may not wait for him to enter the dojo.

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @sanianisa

Yes, Marissa will get a chance to pick a path too, and you will get a chance to explore it
    Since Marissa has not arrived at the dojo yet, Cobalt could meet up with her on the way

20. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I really like single strike Urshifu. But now should i wait to get my reply in the rp?