1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon: The Journey of Evolution

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Aug 10, 2020.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @sanianisa

It has been three weeks since the Champion Tournament in Wyndon. Chairman Rose, once widely revered across Galar, was now widely shunned by most Galarians for unleashing the primal dragon Pokémon Eternatus during the height of the Champion's Tournament. Fortunately, you and the other competitors rallied alongside Hop, Gloria, the Hero's Sword Zacian, and the Guardian Shield Zamazenta to banish Eternatus once and for all. It was a long and drawn out battle, but eventually, you all emerged victorious.

Since then, Victor and Gloria have told you about a large island known as the Isle of Armor, where martial arts are a pivotal part of the culture. They have told you to track down the Kikuzu Dojo, and have written a letter of introduction for the two masters on your behalf.

At the moment, you are currently taking the Armor Express flight to the island. Once your Flying Taxi touches down, your first task is to find Kikuzu Dojo.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Let's have a look at the Armor Express' passenger, a 13 years old redhead girl named Marissa. Anticipating whatever's waiting for her in the Isle of Armor, she felt thrilled yet still got this weird feeling due to her decision of parting ways with her twin brother, Alvin. The thing is, they already got used to journeying across Galar together. Battling everyone together, getting lost on their way together, taking turns of getting their badges because most of the gym leaders only allowed one challenger to take them on at one time (except Raihan whose gym battles usually conducted as double battles anyway), even dealing with the Darkest Day together, to name some. And now she's having a flashback to three weeks ago when she, Alvin and the other competitors helped Hop, Gloria, Zacian and Zamazenta to take Eternatus down.
    Marissa: "Vivian, Earth Power!"
    Alvin: "Iceslash, Icicle Crash!"
    Hop: "Dubwool, Double-Edge!"
    Marissa also remembered watching Zacian's Behemoth Blade and Zamazenta's Behemoth Bash in action as well. The flashbacks kept going in her head as she (physically) looked outside.

(PS: Vivian is Marissa's Flygon and Iceslash is Alvin's Alolan Sandslash)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @sanianisa

Now arriving at Armor Station. the intercom announced. Please make sure your belongings and Pokémon are accounted for. Thank you for flying with us.

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Seems like the announcement snapped Marissa from her own train of thoughts. She stepped down from the Flying Taxi and had a good look at the Isle of Armor.
    Perfect, she thought. Knowing that Alicorn, her Galarian Rapidash, loves to roam around in open spaces, the redhead girl sent him out from his Pokéball. And yes, Alicorn felt quite ecstatic upon seeing such an open space before him.
    "First things first... where's Kikuzu Dojo again?" Marissa wondered only to be responded by Alicorn lowering his body.
    "...huh? You want me to hop on?" she asked. The Rapidash nodded and said, Let's look for it together, via telepathy. Marissa complied, then the two started to roam around, looking for the dojo.

5. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @sanianisa

The island seemed to stretch as far as the eye could see. A majestic pagoda-like tower was far off in the distance, as if it was the guardian of the island.

(rather than Alolan Digletts, in this incarnation you'll be finding a different Alolan Pokémon...)

6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    A little bit later, Marissa noticed a pagoda-like tower that's quite far from where she and Alicorn were.
    "Hey, Alicorn, you see that?" the girl pointed at the tower. It's very much noticeable that even a Diglett would be able to see it.
    You mean, that tower? the Rapidash had a good look at the tower. Wanna check it out?
    Marissa nodded at Alicorn's question. "Yeah, let's go," she said. And then the horse outright galloping straight to the tower, catching his trainer off guard. "Whoa, hey!"

7. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @sanianisa

(He'd have a long way to go to reach the new Tower of Water...which is what you see)

8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (And that's exactly why Alicorn's running in the first place. ;)
    Or... maybe you can have them bump into someone or something?)

#8 Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  9. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @sanianisa

As you near the hill leading to Kikuzu Dojo, your mount comes to a stop before what looks like a clump of white flowers. But closer inspection reveals the "flowers" are really an Alolan Vulpix's head curls!

10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Seems like Alicorn's sudden halt caught Marissa off guard. Again.
    "Uh... Alicorn?" she inquired as the pastel-colored Rapidash sniffed whatever stopping him in his tracks. He then lowered his body and turned his head to her as he excitedly said, Check this out, sis!

Upon closer inspection, the thing blocking Alicorn's way looked like a clump of white flowers. But when Marissa touched them, the "flowers" (or rather, the one beneath the "flowers") groggily woke up.
    What the heck is Alolan Vulpix doing here? the two thought in unison. They knew because they had ever seen an Alolan Vulpix before.

11. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @sanianisa

"There you are!" a female voice smiled.

The Alolan Vulpix seemed to recognize a young lady approaching in the distance, and hurried to her side. "Now to find the other 150..."

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Waitamoment, 150 more??? Marissa blinked, not sure if she heard it right. Might as well ask the lady about it...

"Excuse me, is this Vulpix yours?" Marissa asked the young lady.

13. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @sanianisa

The lady nodded. "My name's Kaimana--I came here some years ago because I fell in love with the cooler climate--that and the Alolan Ninetales that came with me loved having a proper winter with snow. So I started an Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales sanctuary, where people can see this beautiful Pokémon up close. From the original four Alolan Ninetales I brought with me, I ended up with twelve as the years passed.

She assured Marissa "I'm very careful to breed my Alolan Ninetales ethically. The mothers are treated well, and not overbred. This year turned out to be very productive--all my active females had large litters. All the babies added up to 151."

14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Again, Marissa blinked, not sure if she heard Kaimana right. "151... including this cutie one?" she cross-checked while Alicorn tilted his head as if asking the breeder, Seriously???

Marissa then crouched down, patting the Alolan Vulpix they stumbled with earlier. "Sorry about that, buddy. We thought you were flowers back there," she apologized with a soft voice (or at least as soft as she could muster up).

15. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @sanianisa

The Alolan Vulpix nuzzled Marissa. It's okay...will you please find my brothers and sisters, too?

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Since Marissa couldn't understand what the white Vulpix said by herself, Alicorn had to translate it for her.
    The redhead girl nodded with a reassuring smile. "Yeah, we will. Who knows if there gonna be more 'white flowers' out there, right?" she mused. And as for Alicorn, he only chuckled at what his trainer just said.

17. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @sanianisa

"Two weeks ago, a huge storm came through, and one of my apprentices forgot to close the main outdoor pen." Kaimana went on. "A huge thunderbolt startled the babies, and they all scattered around the island to Arceus knows where. It would mean the world to me if you could keep an eye out for them as you travel around the island."

18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "I- I see..." Marissa nodded in understanding as she listened to Kaimana's story. "So all we have to do is to look out for some 'white flowers', right?" she asked because that really was her first impression of the Alolan Vulpix.

#18 Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  19. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @sanianisa

Kaimana nodded. "If you show me how you're doing on your search, I can reward you with some Alolan Pokémon dolls you can use to befriend Pokémon, or make someone happy."

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Got it!" Marissa eagerly said. I mean, getting some Pokémon plushies actually sounded promising for this little hunting game. And while she's at it...
    "Uh, by the way, do you happen to know where Kikuzu Dojo is?"