1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon: The Road to the Grand Festival (Kanto--IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 27, 2019.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @ChocoChicken @Momo Kisaragi @ShireHime @ValorVolcarona

Here we go on our Contest journey!

The Contest Hall in Viridian City hummed with activity as coodinators came and went. Many of those present were new coordinators about to embark on their first journey, but a few experienced coordinators were present as well.

Rumors said that the three Divine Coordinators--May Alder of Houen, Dawn Solberg, of Shinou, and Serena Lacroix, of Kalos--were going to be there to inspire the new coordinators by demonstrating each of the three events, and basically explaining what to expect on their adventure.

For the moment, there were long lines at each of the reception desks as new coordinators arrived to get their Contest Passes. Once this was done, they were to take their seats in the main hall.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Aria sighed, waiting in line for her Contest Pass. She was really excited - for many years she has trained herself and her Pokémon to get the hang of how Contests work. However, at the same time, she was also nervous. She had rarely been outside of their house, so it basically meant that she wasn't used to big crowds like this one. "So many people..."

As Aria was nearing the counter, she was trying to repeat the words that she was going to say inside her head. "Hi, I'm here to get a Contest Pass. Hi, I'm here to get a Contest Pass."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Lily tried to resist the urge to bounce up and down.
    'My first contest!!'
    She peered in front of the person in front of her. A few more people.
    "I can't wait!" she whispered "this is going to be so fun!"

She looked around, everything in Viridian City was so nice but the thing she'd been the most excited for was the Contest Hall.
    She took a breath and tried to calm herself down.
    'Come on Willows' Lily told herself 'Calm down, just...be cool. You don't want to seem too childish! Save the energy for the contest'

4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Chris had rushed to the Contest Hall as soon as he could... which wasn't very early. Cayenne by his side, he joined the line at the very end with a sigh. "We'll be here for a while..."

5. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7

Luckily, the lines moved quickly, so the wait wasn't terribly long.

Many of the experienced coordinators and fans were hoping to get a glimpse of the three Divine Coordinators, or their Pokémon. Fans knew that May was never without her faithful Beautifly Niji, Dawn her Piplup Kori, and Serena without her Braixen Krystal.

6. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Lily stepped into the main hall excitedly. She'd spent so many nights watching her favourite coordinators and their performances and she just couldn't wait to see them in person.

In particular, Dawn. Being that her partner was a Water type Lily was particularly excited about seeing her.
    'I can't wait to see how they demonstrate the events' Lily thought, trying to keep her composure as she took her seat 'Dawn's performances are always so spectacular! I can't wait to see her in person! And Kori too! Kori is just too cute!!'

7. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7

(Just a friendly reminder--it would be easier for the contest officials if your Pokémon have names. If you need help with coming up with a name for a Pokémon, just let me know and I will give you some suggestions.)

8. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    (Oh I have some names for mine. Glaceon(F) is Miyuki, Absol(M) is Marut {It means breeze} Fletchinder(M) is Agni and Ninetales(F) is Hina do you want me to add these to my post in the sign up section?)

WavePearl likes this.
  9. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    @WavePearl @Momo Kisaragi

(Already edited my post with their names ^^ I think it would be better if you edited your post just in case you lose track of their names.)

Momo Kiseki likes this.
  10. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    @ShireHime
    (Kay! Imma do that right now! =) Edit: Annnnd...done!)

ShireHime likes this.
  11. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Aria finally got her Contest Pass after stuttering in front of the employee several times. The girl could remember the difficulty the employee was having when she began asking for her name and everything else. Thankfully, the employee was quite understanding and everything was sorted out in minutes. Aria sighed happily, holding her Contest Pass in her hands.

"This is it. The beginning of my journey. May Arceus bless us."

12. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7

Once the coordinators had their Contest Passes, they were admitted inside the main hall. The shops for the twelve brands, a lounge, and a food court were nearby.

The main hall itself glittered in many colors. Each main hall had its own unique design--the Viridian hall was mainly green, with flower and leaf motifs.

13. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I looked around at all of the glitter and pizzazz, my Contest Pass held tightly in my fist. Though I’ve done Contests hundreds of times, it felt like this was the first one. Probably because this is the first one I’ve done without Poppy (the Primarina). I stroked Andre’s head, choking back several tears. Despite this setback, I was excited to perform again.

(Oh and Pokémon’s names- Andre the Ampharos (M), Sasha the Tsareena (F), Binky the Carbink, Océane the Milotic (F), Noémie the Gardevoir (F), Reine the Nidoqueen (F).)

WavePearl likes this.
  14. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7

The lights flashed the five minute warning, then went down. "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the three Divine Coordinators." an announcer called, prompting applause to fill the air.

A majestic melody filled the room as a brown haired girl wearing a beautiful futuristic purple blue and silver outfit emerged from the entry tunnel, a Beautifly flitting by her side. "May Alder, Divine Coordinator of Houen." the announcer explained. "She popularized Contests in Kanto by reaching the finals of Kanto's first official Grand Festival alongside faithful Beautifly Niji. She is wearing Aurora Diva, by Cosmic Storm."

(what May's costume basically looks like)

#14 May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
  15. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    "Woah..." Lily mumbled. Even though Dawn was her favourite coordinator she had to admit. May looked pretty cool.
    She started to figet in her seat.
    'Oooh! This is way too exciting!!' Lily thought, trying not freak out too much.

16. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Chris watched intently as well, though he wasn't nearly as excited as his partner was. Cayenne was flapping frantically on his wrist, holding back a flurry of chirps.

17. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I watched the dazzling May Alder walk past us. I got excited and even squealed a bit. Andre was excited too, his tail lighting up and wagging back and forth.

18. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @ChocoChicken @Momo Kisaragi @ShireHime @ValorVolcarona @ShinigamiMiroku

The next person to emerge was a black haired girl wearing a beautiful royal blue, white and silver costume. A Piplup tottled by the girl's side as the announcer explained "Dawn Solberg, Divine Coordinor of Shinou. Daughter of legendary Contest Mistress Joanna Solberg, Dawn has carried on the family legacy in her own beautiful way. Despite some initial struggles, winning the prestigious Wallace Cup put her name on the map as one to watch. She too made it to the finals of the Grand Festival her first time, building off of a narrow loss in a tiebreaker to make her mark as a Grand Coordinator. Alongside faithful Piplup Kori, she knows how to make some waves in the Contest world!"

Some applause went up before the announcer added "She is wearing Sapphire Queen, by Notte Royal."

(what Dawn's costume basically looks like)

19. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Lily almost jumped out of her seat when Dawn came out.
    "Oh yes!" she whispered clapping "Dawn looks so beautiful as always!"
    'I hope I can look as beautiful as that when I finally get to perform' Lily thought, she noticed the announcer commented about 'waves' after talking about Piplup and giggled.

20. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Momo Kisaragi

It was no surprise many people were excited about Dawn. People were still talking about her narrow victory in that fateful Wallace Cup, even now.