1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon: The Road to the Grand Festival (Kanto--IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 27, 2019.

1. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Lily smiled excitedly.
    "that's so cool! he's a good singer!" She hadn't known much about Brock before today and now she couldn't help it. He was really good with his talents, it was exciting that he was apart of this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,991.4
    @ChocoChicken @Momo Kisaragi @ShireHime @ShinigamiMiroku

After playing a few chords to compose his thoughts, Brock began his first tale of the night. "The king of a certain land had a beautiful garden which contained a number of very rare trees, but the rarest one of all was a Leppa tree. It stood in the middle of the garden, and produced shining crystal Leppa Berries every day. In the morning the flowers bloomed, during the day the fruit grew and ripened, and before nightfall, the berries were fully ripe. The next day the same thing happened, and this cycle would occur like clockwork every day."

He intoned "However, no Berries were left on the tree the following day. No one knew how, when, or why they disappeared, and this deeply grieved the king."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    A mystery tale, huh? This'll be sure to be interesting... Chris thought.

4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,991.4

"Finally, he couldn't stand it any longer, and calling his eldest son to him, he said..." Brock went on over an intriguing melody.

“My child, I want you to keep watch in the garden tonight, and see if you can find out what happens to my miracle Leppa Berries." he instructs in a regal male voice for the king. "I will reward you with the choice of all my treasures; if you should be lucky enough to capture the thief, and bring him to me, I would gladly give you half my kingdom and more."

As himself, he continues "So the young prince--whose name is not important to us--set his trusty sword at his side, and with his bow on his back and quiver full of thirty arrows, went into the garden to stand guard."

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    And so the search for the culprit began. Cassia smiled to herself as she listened to the tale, wings curled around her Trainer's head where she perched.

6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,991.4

"As he sat there under the Leppa Berry tree, a drowsy feeling came over him, which he could not resist." Brock went on, to some giggles as he played a few bars of Brahms' Lullaby to symbolize the eldest prince falling asleep. "Before long, he slept as soundly as if he had been in his own bed at home, nor did he awake until dawn, and then he saw that the Leppa Berries were gone."

More laughter went up at this. "When questioned by his father, he said that no thieves had come, but that the Leppa Berries had vanished all the same. The king shook his head--he did not believe a word of it. Then, turning to his middle son, he bade him keep watch, and promised him a handsome reward if he caught the thief."

Brock continued over a frustrated melody "So the middle son armed himself accordingly and went into the garden. But he fared no better than his brother, for he could not resist the desire to sleep, and when he woke up the Leppa Berries were gone--again!" The room filled with laughter at this.

7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Chris listened intently. Just who was this mysterious thief?

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,991.4

"That evening, when it was dusk, the youngest prince--whose name was Brian--went into the garden to keep watch." Brock went on over a mysterious song. "He took with him a sword and a bow, and a few arrows. He set the sword in such a way that it would lightly poke him and jolt him awake if he dozed off."

He next reveals what is taking the berries. "Around midnight, Moltres, the bird of fire, flew down and landed on the tree, and was just about to make off with the Leppa Berries when Prince Brian nocked an arrow to his bow and fired."

He adds as an aside "As much as I wanted to actually shoot in here, I can't for safety reasons."

"Aw"s went up as Brock resumed his song. "The arrow struck Moltres beneath the wing. Although wounded, she flew away, dropping one of her feathers on the ground. That night, for the first time in a long time, the Leppa Berries remained untouched."

9. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    "Hmm, Prince Brian did really well," Aria nodded, looking at Mavis who jumped up and down on her shoulder.

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,991.4

"He gave the king the feather, and told him everything that had happened." Brock went on over a majestic song. "The king was charmed with the feather; it was so beautiful, and glowed so bright, that it easily lit all the rooms of the palace, and they needed no other light.The courtiers told the king that the feather could only belong to Moltres, the herald of fire, and that it was worth all the rest of the royal treasure put together."

"Wow"s fill the air at this. "From that time on, Moltres didn't come to the garden, and the Leppa Berries remained untouched." Brock explained before the song he played turned ominous. "But the king could think of nothing more than how to own this marvelous Pokémon."

Angry murmurs filled the room--things never ended well for those that wanted to catch the Legendaries.

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Oh dear, muttered Cassia to her Trainer. Some unlucky fellow's going to end up charred.

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,991.4

"Finally, after losing hope of ever seeing Moltres, he grew depressed, and would remain in deep thought for hours." Brock went on, playing a sad melody all the while. "The mental toll got him physically sick, and every day his condition grew worse."

The guitar's song turned hopeful. "One day he summoned his three sons before him and said..."

"My dear children, you see the sorry state I am in." he sighs in a regal male voice for king. "If I could only hear Moltres sing, I would be cured of this disease of the heart; otherwise, I will die. Whoever succeeds in catching Moltres alive and getting her to sing to me, I will give half my kingdom and the right to the throne."

13. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Aria listened to Brock carefully, believing that she had already heard the tale from somewhere, but was quite unsure herself.

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,991.4
    @ShireHime

(The Tale of Moltres is a very common tale in this Pokeworld--Brock is telling one of the best known versions)

15. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    George smiled as the tale continued; it was one of his favorites, and hearing Brock tell it made it all the better.

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,991.4

Brock started a "traveling" song before continuing as himself "After bidding their father farewell, the brothers set off. They traveled together until they came to a part of the forest where the road branched off in three directions, and agreed to each go down a different route, and return to the fork in a year. In order to recognize the fork again, each one planted a tree at the exact point where the road split. If one of the trees wilted, its owner had either died or needed help. If a tree glowed, its owner had been successful."

17. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Chris vaguely wondered how that worked, but gave up and just decided that was magic.

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,991.4

"When each prince had planted a tree at the fork, they set off." Brock went on. "The eldest rode on, and never stopped until he reached the top of a high mountain; where he stopped to rest and have lunch."

He adds a playful chord to signal a familiar character. "Just then, the holy Delphox Kitsune came that way, and asked the eldest prince..."

"Please, Sir Prince, may I have a little of your food? I am very hungry, and have not had much luck hunting.” he asks in a mimic of Serena for Kitsune.

He continues as himself "But the eldest prince fired an arrow from his bow, but he did not hit Kitsune, for she vanished moments before the arrow hit."

19. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Lily gave a small smile. It was a great story and it was kind of relaxing.
    Her nerves had all but disappeared listening to it.

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,991.4

"The middle brother, after an uneventful journey, reached a plain, where he stopped for lunch." Brock went on. "Kitsune also appeared to him and begged for food; but he too shot at her. Kitsune being a god, she disappeared as before."

Giggles went up at this. "Prince Brian, meanwhile, traveled on until he came to the banks of a river. " Brock went on when the laughter quieted. "Tired and hungry, he got down from his Ponyta and started on his lunch. While he was eating, Kitsune came to him."

“Please, young sir, give me a little of your food.” he requests as Kitsune.

“Fear not, Lady Kitsune; I see you are more hungry than I, but there is enough for us both.” he replies in a mimic of Ash for Prince Brian.

He explains as himself "So he divided all his supplies in half--one for him, and one for Kitsune."