1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Jul 7, 2018.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    (This RP is rated E10+ for fantasy violence and frightening images)

In the fantastic Pokeworld of Ariune, the legend is told of a divine sword, known as the Creator's Blade, that was said to have sealed away the prism demon Necrozma. The moment the blade sealed Necrozma, he has not gone quietly into the night. From his sealed prison deep within the earth, he still spoke to the residents of the world, enticing those to attempt to set him free by re-assembling the sword.

When Necrozma was sealed, a prophecy came both a promise and a warning. If someone of pure heart reassembled the sword, Ariune would become a paradise. But if someone with an evil heart reassembled the sword, the bonds holding Necrozma would shatter, and he would bring terror on the world once more.

Many years have passed since Necrozma has been sealed. Just as many have tried to set him free, but were defeated by the power of the rainbow.

Now, a duke named Veron has sent his minions in search of the Creator's Blade. Should he reassemble it, Necrozma would make him nigh on invincible. Should he obtain the blade and release Necrozma, the only way to stop him is to combine the eight elements to create a rainbow.

One of the many adventuring parties racing to stop Duke Veron's nefarious ambitions is a band of four best friends--Ash, a courageous blademage, Misty, a brave knight blessed with water magic. the high minstrel Brock, and the spirit dancer Serena. They have asked you, a humble adventurer, to come with them on their quest to stop Duke Veron and his minions.

What road will your quest take? Will you assemble the sword before the duke can release Necrozma? Or will you have to race to stop Necrozma and a duke gone mad?

Your character's name:

Your character's race: (you can play a human, an elf, a dwarf, a fairy, a Taka, or a mistborn)

Your character's physical appearance (be sure and include description)

Your character's personality/known backstory:

Your character's class: (you can play any of your standard RPG classes)

Your character's Pokémon, if any:

Your character's current inventory: (This includes an appropriate weapon and items for your class and 1000 Crist--the currency in Ariune)

Watch this space for worldbuilding info and info on how mechanics will work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  2. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I have a question before I submit an application: Just what is a Mistborn and a Taka???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @Laserdragon14

A Taka is a humanoid with some avian aspects, most strikingly an ornate pair of wings, making them powerful warriors both on land and in the air. Different Taka tribes may look different depending on where their tribal lands are. Those in the Kanto counterpart may look like Pidgeots and Pidgeottos, those in the Kalos counterpart may look like Talonflames, and those in the Houen counterpart may look like Swellows, to name a few examples.

Mistborn are a blend of mermaids and Swanna maidens, but they are seen as the guardians of the sea, and protectors of all who sail the sea. They typically have white, cyan, royal blue, or silver hair, and wear sparkling clothes. Their Swanna-like wings allow them to "fly" through the water, so many call them sea-angels or Swanna ladies.

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  4. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Alright, now that is settled, I'll give this a shot.

Character name: Windripper

Character's Race: Taka

Physical appearance: He has Braviary-like feathers and likes to wear light weighted grey armor with a blue scarf around his neck

Personality/known backstory: Windripper is a laid back guy that usually prefers the company of Pokémon than anything else and found his partner Pokémon, Skarmory, during one of his many adventures outside his tribe.

Class: Warrior

Character's Pokémon: Skarmory

Current Inventory: He mostly carries around berries to feed Skarmory or mix up juices to heal other Pokémon but he does carry his steel sword around with him.

If you need me to change anything just let me know

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    Laserdragon14 likes this.
  6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    This sounds like it could be fun. Let me know if I need to change anything about my character.
    Name: Ariel
    Race: Human
    Appearance: Tall, thin and pale. She has reddish brown eyes and long, messy black hair. She wears a ragged old black robe.
    Personality/Backstory: Ariel was found as a baby by a small, outcast group of fairies obsessed with dark magic, who raised her as one of them. She does not understand social norms and tends to make people around her uncomfortable. She doesn't really care about the conflicts going on around her, but instead sides with whoever she feels like. She also thinks that she's actually a fairy even though she's not and ignores anyone who tells her otherwise.
    Class: Black Mage
    Pokémon: Banette, Shiinotic
    Inventory: A hand-carved wooden staff that she made herself, 1000 Crist, an assortment of vials containing various "potions" (mostly swamp water)

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @BZRich64

That looks like a pretty interesting character--you are Accepted!

8. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Of course I shall join :D (I try my best not to make another Kirito XD)

Your character's name: Jamie Naka

Your character's race: Fairy

Your character's physical appearance :
    http://dreamself.me/full.php?fg=0&f...shoe=0&bodycolor=17000194&action=change&id=0&
    (Once again I can't add both, so 1 with his wings/tail and his current one)

Your character's personality/known backstory: When he was around the age of 10, he lost his tail and wings mostly due fights. Trying to make his life better he goes from town to town to help others. However mostly due to his arrogance many keep away from him. Seeing himself as more superior. He slowly finds himself getting friends during the journey, but he loves himself to much. As a small stray kitten he wondered around. Being a fairy that got banned from his clan and lose of his power. He taught himself 2 moves, a scythe move where he slashes a couple of times until it misses, problem is with that one, its hurts himself a lot since it drains energy from him, the second one is a move his father once taught him. The fairy move wind Gallade where he slices with air towards the enemy.

Others Usually calls him stray kitten, because his love for cats and wearing all the time cat ears where you can hardly see his real ears. He is more like a stray fairy

Your character's class: Ravager

Your character's Pokémon, if any: Skitty and Persian

Your character's current inventory: A standard Scythe, some cat nibs

Attached Files:

#8 Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @~Dream-Of-The-Elements~

Catpeople don't really exist in this world, but we could have a kitty-obsessed fairy. Would that work?

Can you also explain what a reaper is in terms of your standard RPG classes?

Your signup is Pending for now.

10. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    aww to bad but fine.
    its a class from aura kingdom

The grim reaper of the underworld has appeared. Wherever he goes, death follows.

He who wields the scythe marshals unrivaled destructive power and ferocious attack speed. When the blade falls, heads will roll. He signs contract with minor devils, and summons them in battle. He is also versed in various kinds of powerful magic, which he uses to inflict heavy damage on the enemy.

Single Target: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Area of Effect: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Defensive: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Evasive: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Heal: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Support: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I changed a few things, as I didn't want to change the whole story, as i am a lil fond of it XD

#10 Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @~Dream-Of-The-Elements~

The closest thing to that in this world is called the Ravager, which also has offensive magic like the mage

12. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    O okay. That I change it to that. I do keep the scythe though. As ravager in ak has a different weapon.

13. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Are the classes here meant to be similar to the ones shown in Bravely Default?

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @~Dream-Of-The-Elements~

Okay, you are Accepted!

@ShireHime

I'm aiming for common RPG classes you'd find in games like Final Fantasy and in most MMOs. The only rule is no firearms or modern technology--so if a Bravely Default/Bravely Second class would work for the character you want to make, go for it!

ShireHime likes this.
  15. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Soooo here's my form ^^

Name: Amara Nightflew

Race: Human

Physical appearance: Amara is a girl with long, wavy brown hair tied up in a messy ponytail. She has bangs that do not reach her red eyes. She wears a green and white robe with gold armlets and a golden medal. She wears golden sandals and wears a red and green headdress with ribbons that extend to her waist.

Personality: Amara is a calm girl who would never try to get into fights. Living her life as a person secluded from almost the rest of the world, she has become kind to strangers and respects those who she believes do good. She tends to not take action most of the time, but when she feels like she is finally needed, she will jump into action.

History: Amara was left behind in a forest when she was born. Her parents had feared her for they did not like that she could control magic. A Misdreavus heard her cries from deep within the forest and took a liking to her. Ever since then, the Misdreavus vowed to protect Amara.

Growing up, she was surrounded by Pokémon and had a deep connection with them. It was at that time when she had realized that she knew some strange magic that made her feel powerful and strong. She believed she was conjuring the power of Pokémon to herself. Thus, with the help of her friend, Ajil the Misdreavus, she has lived her life dedicating her time to her craft, which was magic.

While exploring, Ajil and Amara both found a Dusk Stone. Naturally, Ajil the Misdreavus evolved into a Mismagius, more powerful and stronger than ever.

Class: Conjurer

Your character's Pokémon, if any: Ajil (Mismagius)

Your character's current inventory: A staff that can turn into a sword crafted from crystals she has collected and 1000 Crist

#15 Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Pirate Captain likes this.
  16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @ShireHime

That looks great! You are Accepted!

Conjuring is more for creating beings, objects, and magical bursts, not what you describe. It would be possible for her to summon Pokémon, though.

#16 Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  17. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    I kind of took the Conjurer class from the Bravely Default one, but I think I'm good with it. By "creating beings objects," what does that mean? Thank you very much!

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @ShireHime

That was a typo on my part--I meant to say that a conjurer typically summons beings, creates objects, or conjures magical bursts.

ShireHime likes this.
  19. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Alright, thanks for the clarification! I was a bit confused earlier, but it's definitely a lot clearer now.

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @ShireHime

I'll leave signups open for another day, and then we'll get going tomorrow