1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Anime Pokemon Themes- Ash's Pokemon (with links)

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by oghond, Feb 24, 2018.

1. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Rowlet's fits perfectly. Amazing choice on him.
    Torracat's fits alright, and I feel that it focuses on his bond with the Stoutland well, but I think a song that would suit it better would also have a part mentioning being comforted in some way, like the role Ash provides for it. Not bad, but missing something. Unfortunately I don't have any alternatives on mind. It works for now.
    Lycanroc's seems to focus too much on the Rage-mode-because-I'm-dirty part of it, which really only shows up in two or three episodes. I don't believe it covers it's character nearly well enough, especially if you are including its Rockruff days. I would look for a song about multiple aspects of its personality, which is admittedly the hardest part of most of these, since it is difficult to find a perfect match. Again, fine for now, but keep an eye out for something better.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. FireSpartan5

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    By the way, I recently heard a song that I think would be better for Oshawott, but you can be the judge of that. It's called "I'm Calm" from A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, which I had never really heard of until I heard this song. It just clicked with me for Oshawott, and I had to let you know.

3. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    Huh. Seems good.

By the way, I just found a song from the Aladdin musical that I think would work better for Gliscor than “Carry On” does. Any thoughts on this?

4. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    1: Thanks! Yeah, there’s probably only one part of that song that doesn’t fit, and that’s the bridge, but the rest...

2: You don’t know how many songs I went through for Torracat, but in the end I chose “Fire and Rain” mainly because of a Pokémusical project I did. That said, I do feel I have a song that could fit better, but I don’t know. It’s “For Good” from Wicked.

3: Yeah, it’s extremely hard to find a good song for Lycanroc where there are very little songs on the planet where one second it’s “cute, playful wolf-puppy” and the next it’s “HELP ME I AM TRAPPED AND CANT CONTROL IT!” The closest I can think of is “Confrontation” from the Jekyll and Hyde musical, but then again... it’s Jekyll and Hyde.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  5. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    Any ideas for Lycanroc’s theme?

6. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    Also, out of all the themes from all the regions, which one do you think is the best-fitting? (For me it’s Snorlax)

Most interesting? (Butterfree)

7. FireSpartan5

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    LOVE IT! It fits pretty well, especially factoring in his Gligar days. Prior context with background knowledge of the character helps patch the only whole with the song itself. The song doesn't portray Gliscor's sense of humor and trickery, but knowing Aladdin's story more than shows those aspects. I think it works great.

I actually really like the idea of For Good for Torracat. The fact that it's a duet matters less because it reflects the most important part about it: Its relationships. It could be interpreted as either Torracat and Stoutland or Torracat and Ash depending on the line, and it also portrays Torracat'' determination and slight angst.
    As for Lycanroc, not a clue. I can not find a song that has such happy loyalty, and then shifts to anger and back so quickly and easily, without it being incredibly specific in focus to the point where it can't apply to Lycanroc at all. I have tried, and any song I find that shifts tones well enough focuses on a specific person or concept that doesn't work in the context of Lycanroc's life/personality/situation. Probably because the reason for the rage mode was so stupid. Songs like My Fair Lady's "I'm an Ordinary Man" and Bo Burnham's " Eat a D*%$" shift tones beautifully, but are self explanatory as to why they don't work.

8. FireSpartan5

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    I agree that Snorlax fits the best, but Rowlet's is not far behind.
    As for most interesting, it depends on what you mean by interesting. If you mean my personal favorite of the songs you have chosen, Sceptile slightly beats Greninja. If you mean anything else, you'll have to specify further.

9. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    Very well. Consider them both changed. Lycanroc stays where he is. For now.

Interestingly, though, if Lycanroc were to sing this, I wouldn’t have him sing it as a crazy rock song, but rather as a slow ballad, as a plea for help, almost. That quality was why I had very briefly considered “Unwell” by Matchbox Twenty for him, except Lycanroc is not the kind of Pokémon who would spend “all day staring at the ceiling/making friends with shadows on my wall.”

10. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    By “interesting,” I mean a song that was chosen for reasons other than “it’s extremely obvious.” For example, if I had gone the obvious route for Butterfree, I would have probably chosen something like “What Hurts The Most.” “Hey Jude,” though, was picked because I could imagine it as Butterfree comforting Ash from afar in a whole “Don’t forget me” sort of way, and not just “I miss you.”

Meaning songs such as “Wait For It,” “The Weekend Whip,” “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” “The Lazy Song,” and “Indestructible” don’t count, because they were all chosen for reasons that should be obvious.

Any thoughts on the whole “insomniac” bridge of “Fireflies,” though? That’s the only part of the song that doesn’t seem to fit Rowlet, since he’s a huge sleeper...

11. FireSpartan5

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    For Rowlet, the Insomniac bridge can fit if you think of it in a specific context. Insomniacs have trouble falling asleep, which consequently makes them even more tired. As in the line, 'When I'm far too tired to fall asleep'.
    As for the most interesting, probably Gible in my opinion. It is admittedly very confusing...

12. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    Huh. Okay then.

Yeah. It is. Which is exactly why I chose it.

Lycanroc, though... GAH!

13. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    It’s Heracross all over again!

And let me just say, Heracross was HARD. Though... I could use “Naughty” from Matilda for Heracross if I wanted to...

But seriously, Lycanroc is hard. Any thoughts on my alternate choice, which was Imagine Dragons’ “Demons”?

14. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    Or “Unwell,” for that matter?

15. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    Never mind. I FOUND IT- I think. You can be the judge of that. (And, ironically, it’s about a dog...)

#35 Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    FireSpartan5 likes this.
  16. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    Intended for FireSpartan5.

17. FireSpartan5

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Oh my gosh this might even beat Snorlax. This is perfect!

18. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    EUREKA! PUT IT IN!

19. FireSpartan5

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Seriously I am dying of laughter at how perfect this is.

20. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    And I'm betting it had nothing to do with the fact that it was about a dog, but more with the fact that it was able to pull off the switch so brilliantly.