1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Trainer Red

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by LostSpirit, Feb 2, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Just like the original titles of Gold, Silver, Crystal- HeartGold and SoulSilver featured a peculiar Trainer known as Red on top of Mount Silver. In the Kanto games, Red was the protagonists who not only took down Team Rocket the first time, but also became the Champion.

In HeartGold and SoulSilver, Red actually reclaimed his title as the highest level trainer in the game.

What are your thoughts on Red? How hard or easy was it to take him down? Any struggles or challenges? What did you like about him?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Red was really hard to take down the very first time. I don't remember a ton of the battle, but I know he knocked out all my Pokémon but Lugia and I barely won when it survived a hit with about 40 HP left. If I remember correctly, Blastoise and Snorlax were the hardest to take down.

"...!..."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    Pokémon HeartGold was my first Pokémon game and red was a bit hard for me to tell the truth :T

4. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I found Red to be much more challenging in G/S, but he still put up a fight in HG/SS (although the hail kind of ruined it). Overall though, I never had any real troubles with Red in both GSC and HGSS. Just load up on Max Potions, Full Restores, Revives etc. and you'll be good to go. Nuzlockes, on the other hand; he is scary.
    What I liked about Red? Well, he felt like an actual final boss and had a really solid team; and all the Mons you'd expect him to have. Also, gotta love the "...".

5. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Red was an awesome trainer! I always tried replicating his team in Pokémon Yellow since we eventually get all starter Pokémon! He is a BAMF who can be tough to beat! I've only faced him in SS (I restarted and then lost my HG cartridge; I'm tempted to buy another copy in the future but I'm not too sure) and I found it still difficult facing him with my team.

6. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Red was a really cool character, and possibly the best kind of post-game content any Pokémon game ever had! Red really was the champion beyond the champion, the actual ultimate challenge of the Gen II games. His dialogue, entirely made up from elipses, puts him on a level of mystery that equals N, and his team makes him quite possibly the ultimate Pokémon Trainer, the very best, like no one ever was. I really liked him and his battle, it really gave the Gen II games a real ending, that actually gave you a real sense of accomplishment.

7. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Red was really harsh to battle. I had a lot of trouble with him as a kid. He had a pretty cool team and was nice to see though.

8. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    I sweeped Red with a Manaphy and an Arceus. Oops.
    I do love red designs, and Pokémon though~

9. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I love Red! I really thought he was easy though - wait - for the first time, he was a bit hard, knocking out all of my team, but later on in the game (when my Pokémon were all in Lv.100), I started racing my sister on who'll reach Red first.

10. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Red was the coolest trainer by far I've seen in a lot of the games,
    But the first time I battled him, I was not prepared at ALL,
    My team was decimated up till my last Pokémon, who JUST managed to take his last few Pokémon out

11. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I loved the addition of Red in GSC, and I love him in HGSS as well! His team is really fun to fight, and a real challenge, as well- the high-leveled Pokémon are tough to take down, especially in a Nuzlocke. I nearly lost my one SoulSilver Nuzlocke to him, but I pulled through in the end and beat him. He's such a cool 'final boss' of sorts, I really liked that part of the Johto games.

12. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Red was an awesome trainer to battle, I wish they'd bring something like this battle back, but I guess that's what makes these games unique. I remember it being a difficult battle for me ahaha.

13. Aironic

Aironic PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    I soft reseted 5 times after I lost 5 times then I finaly beat him!Q

14. AzrielCais

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    It's nice to know that even after all this time Red still hasn't said a word. How does he order food?

But in all seriousness, Red was an extremely memorable fight. With a really powerful team (with the exception of Pikachu which was pretty easy to take out) the fight lasted way longer than other fights which would almost always end up in 1 hit-KOing the oppnent's Pokémon. Red's mons were both good in defense and offense, and Snorlax's monstrous HP is just... Wow.

Red was such a great fight that after beating him, I felt a huge sense of relief and... Emptiness? The game just got boring after beating him.

15. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Red is one of my favorite in game characters. I've often felt that Red should have been portrayed in the anime, at least for the Kanto part. Pokémon Origins is my absolute favorite Pokémon Animation. I really REALLY wished they made more episodes and expanded on the Kanto Storyline. That is my only complaint.

16. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    He was difficult to bring down. My biggest problem was the snorlax and the lapras. Once I got groudon, taking down his pikachu was easier.

I about cried when I saw their levels.

17. VintageRaticate

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.2
    When I first encountered him, I seriously thought that he was just some random trainer standing on the top of the mountain. So I talked to him and he KO'ed my team with just his pikachu. Geez was I really that dumb?

Later, I always took him down using my friend's event Arceus LOL. But even with Arceus, he was still hard to beat.

18. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I found him really easy in the remakes, probably because I already knew what he was gonna throw in my face so I could prepare for it since I played the originals and had to try several times back then.

19. ItsMeVon

ItsMeVon Camper

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Red is so haaard. Snorlax makes me suffer. But I like Red, he's a strong trainer but he's a little bit proud of his power.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.