1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Jul 12, 2022.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    The basic premise:

In the fantastic Pokémon world of Camponice, legends are told of the many thousands of millions of artifacts that were used by just as many heroes throughout its long and storied history. Where there is treasure to be found, there are treasure hunters looking to find them. Some seek to make money off of a treasure, but there are those that would find treasures to preserve Camponice's history--these kinds of treasure hunters are known as Seekers.

Seekers are usually in service to a kingdom's royal archives, and are paid handsomely for finding rare and fabulous items for study and research. If an artifact can be used for defense or to better the world, it is kept in the vaults until it is needed. Evil artifacts are either destroyed or sealed and brought to the Forbidden Vault, so its power can never be used again.

Our story concerns a band of Seekers for hire searching for the ultimate artifact that is not an object--the legendary kingdom of Millecolori, said to be a paradise.

What wonders and terrors await you on your journey? Is the kingdom of Millecolori real, or just a bedtime story? And what wonders await you in the land of Millecolori?

Character's name (an Italian or Italian sounding name will do):
    Character's age (anywhere from 13-16 will do)
    Character's appearance:
    Character's class (any standard RPG class will do--this will affect what is in your starting inventory):
    Character's history (what led them to become a Seeker, and why do they seek the kingdom of Millecolori?)
    Character's known Pokémon (any non Legendary, including known Scarlet/Violet Pokémon, is allowed.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I can give it a try, I have a legend of zelda oc, which I am sure I can modify a little.

Character's name (an Italian or Italian sounding name will do): Li-Ance
    Character's age (anywhere from 13-16 will do) 15
    Character's appearance: The picture isn't made by me, Its made by someone who I do not have any contact with anymore. But yes Li-Ance)
    Character's class (any standard RPG class will do--this will affect what is in your starting inventory): Warrior, can I still ask if she can use some kind of Master Sword and shield
    Character's history (what led them to become a Seeker, and why do they seek the kingdom of Millecolori?) Some years ago Li-ance had turned evil because she was to arrogant after saving a couple of villages. She wanted more from everyone else, more money, more items. However getting defeated by a legendary warrior opened her eyes again. With training and guidance she became more calm. After another job she met her pal Rockruff,
    Rockruff snifs out the items and Li-Ance brings them back to the owners and at times they keep what they find.
    Eventually they both decided to take a turn and started out as a seeker, to find a new challenge
    Character's known Pokémon (any non Legendary, including known Scarlet/Violet Pokémon, is allowed.) Rockruff

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @PirateCaptain

The actual Master Sword and Hylian Shield belong to Link--but your character can have something inspired by that--maybe she admires/respects Link?

Other than that, you are Accepted!

4. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I know that, but since she is an oc, She replaces Link in my zelda story ;) Zelda was back than replaced by her oc.
    thats why I am saying it
    great

WavePearl likes this.
  5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,346.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    So I'm thinking of throwing a non-binary AMAB in (if the setting allows it -- I can change them to a male otherwise) but not sure whether I should make them a red mage or a blue mage. What are the major differences between those two classes here?

6. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF

A Red Mage is strong enough to fight physically or use magic (unlike the real class, they can use any Black or White spell)

A Blue Mage draws their magic from Pokémon or enemy skills.

7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,346.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Not sure how this guy's gonna fit here, but lemme just...

Fiorello Volta
    Name: Fiorello "Fiore" Volta
    Class: Blue Mage
    Appearance: Fiore is a non-binary AMAB youth (he/they) with platinum blonde hair worn in a parted bob falling right by their cheekbones. Typically dons FFTA2's blue mage outfit sans the headgear (whatever it's called).
    Backstory Fiore grew up in a family who runs an Eevee daycare -- basically a nursery crossed with a shelter for Eevee and its evolutions. One of the Eevee they took care of eventually bonded with Fiore and nicknamed Lissa. Fiore basically helped out in the family-run daycare until they discovered their ability to use Pokémon moves at 13. Only then did their family enrolled them in a blue mage academy for 2 years. And after they graduated, Fiore and Lissa decided to try their luck in treasure hunting.

Known Pokémon: Lissa the female Eevee
    About Lissa While Lissa can't permanently evolve, she can shift between her Eeveelution forms via Extreme Evoboost. Think of it like Red's Vee when he was an Eevee but with more options to choose from (Vee's options were limited to the gen 1 Eeveelutions and he lost this ability upon permanently evolving into Espeon). The shifting itself is manually triggered by any of the Partner Eevee's exclusive moves with the target Eeveelution matching the move and Veevee Volley reverting her back to an Eevee mid-battle -- she'll automatically revert to her Eevee form once the battle's over.
    • Bouncy Bubble (water)
    • Buzzy Buzz (electric)
    • Sizzly Slide (fire)
    • Glitzy Glow (psychic)
    • Baddy Bad (dark)
    • Sappy Seed (grass)
    • Freezy Frost (ice)
    • Sparkly Swirl (fairy)
    • Extreme Evoboost
      • Unlike the Z-move it's based on, this spell allows Lissa to freely change from an Eevee to any of her Eeveelution forms and back -- effectively works like Mega Eevee in Pokémon Insurgence. This spell is only usable once per battle.
    Money: 1000 sole
    • Blue saber
    • Blue robe
    None at the moment
    None at the moment
    None at the moment
    None at the moment

#7 Aug 9, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  8. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF

That looks interesting! You are Accepted!

The Camponician currency is named the sole--so named for the beautiful sun designs on them. 100 gold sole=$1. Everyone starts with 1000 sole

9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,346.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    You previously said that a character's class will affect what's initially in their inventory, right? What would it be for both Li-Ance (warrior) and Fiore (blue mage)?

10. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF @PirateCaptain

You each get an appropriate weapon, appropriate armor, and anything else your class might have on hand. So a warrior would have at least a sword and some chain or plate armor, and a blue mage would have at least a saber/sword, a dagger, or a rod, and blue robes

#10 Aug 9, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    SAF likes this.
  11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,346.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Are we waiting for more people to start?

Also, lemme bump~

12. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF

Mainly waiting to get over a cold, but am also seeing if there are any more takers.

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,346.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Ah, okay. Take care then. ^_^

WavePearl likes this.
  14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,346.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Le bump in case this is still a thing...

15. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF

I may rework this idea once SV is out.

SAF likes this.