1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon are announced!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Morgaine, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    During the Nintendo Direct, some new games were announced. UltraSun and UltraMoon. These games are supposed to be in an alternate timeline to Sun and Moon.

What do you think about the new 3DS Games?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,607.6
    I'm completely fine with it, because if it's alternate timelines, it's going to be WIBBLY WOBBLY TIMEY WHIMEY!!!

i'm sorry...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Smooshie likes this.
  3. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Well considering the whole thing with sm was alternate universes n shit I don't mind at all. I liked the original games so I'll be getting these too.

4. Darcy

Darcy Strongest Blade in Valor

Eurydice
    (Brione)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,068.1
    Philosopher's CowlPsychium Z ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I'm very intrigued by this decision. I'm certain Nintendo knew about the demand for a Gen 4 remake, so doing something entirely different was a risky move. It makes me wonder why they decided to go for this. And an alternate story line? New Pokémon? Now that's interesting.

I'm totally okay with this, but I just hope it doesn't fall flat on it's face.

#4 Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  5. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I actually like it, more lore for the Gen 7 games!

Plus, Lunala and Solgaleo though. They look Neon-ish to me. And that's amazing!

Although it's a bit strange that they decided to release it at November 17, instead of 18. That way, it could've been Pokémon Sun and Moon's anniversary. And since those two might be connected, that makes sense. Right?

Also, quite sad that there's no Gen 4 remakes.

#5 Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  6. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Huh...looks interesting. Kinda figured they'd pull a Black & White 2 with SM. Kind of glad there is an AU but not st the same time.

Had high hopes for a Diamond Pearl remake. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? More like Ultra upset lol

JK I'm still probably gonna get them

7. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I just hope there's gonna be more story... the AU looks interesting enough for me. Since it's an AU, they have the possibility to do something completely different...
    Sun and Moon lost my interest halfway through the story and I never touched it again after I completed the League, so I hope this game will fix the issues I had with them.

Oh well, I'm gonna get them anyway LOL

Still, I can't help but feel disappointed that there's no news of a Gen IV remake yet... damn.

8. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Looks kinda cool, but I don't get why we needed "sequels"* to SM in the first place. As long as they can be more entertaining that SM (which, I will add, won't be that hard), I'll be fine with it.

Since it's ultra, how much are you willing to bet that the Ultra Beasts play a bigger role in this game? Everything? Okay.

They're not my Sinnoh remakes, though. If I pick up the game, that's gonna be in the back of my mind all the time ;w;

(*Can you really count this game a sequel? What is it? AU?)

9. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    inb4 "new Pokémon" are just the same ones but with black bits added LOL
    erm, very happy about it, I mean obviously the other announcements aren't new content really so, I just really hope this does actually end up being different enough to warrant playing through again. If it's truly a different game overall then I'm certainly all for it but if it's only a minor tweak like yellow is to R/B, then it feels like Ninty is really starting to lose motivation for properly new content rather than sprucing up what they already have.

10. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I'm very interested in these games. I like how they decided to go with SM sequels instead of the Gen 4 remakes a lot of people wanted (I was in that group too XD). There's a lot of things to look forward to with the games, like the 'Pikachu Colony', Mimikyu's true form, Lunala and Solgaleo's new forms, and the grouchy looking Togedemaru (I've already made a meme about it). These two will definitely be on my list of things to get, and I will be so happy when they come out on November 17th!

11. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    It is better than PokePark or Pokémon Pinball right? haha....

I hope they modify the Pokédex and add some alolan-forms. But....if they add Gyms I will love this game.

12. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    GYMS. OH GOD. That would be great tbh.

Xarn likes this.
  13. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    I'll be honest, I'm probably just going to watch a playthrough of this like I did for Black 2/White 2. Alola was okay, but Sun was the least fun I've had playing through a new game. I stopped a few times while playing it, including a week long period where I started a Nuzlocke of a game that I already had played through. I am not even slightly ready to try playing in Alola again

14. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    I honestly wasn't expecting this. I was expecting maybe another Pokémon Kanto game or something similar since Kanto had played a huge role in this. I didn't think it needed a sequel but the question is the hype. It honestly looks the same other then possibly new Pokémon and story line. I'm curious as to new features and what's going to happen for the sun and moon story line.

15. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I still think that Gyms are better than having captains and the challenge is far away for being a cliche...at least for me xD

Nyanja likes this.
  16. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have to agree with adding gyms, even if they are a sub plot or after the evens of the main story, something that could bring me back playing unlike Sun and Moon's post game. I want to see contests return and not the ORAS ones, the Sinnoh kinds of contests, those were the best

Xarn likes this.
  17. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    I am sort of excited for it, because Pokémon and Sun and Moon, but I'm not too sure about it yet. I'll have to see more before I decide if this is a good idea or not.

18. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    I like the gym system more than the trails. Yes, we fight against more types, but it didn't feel right.

19. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Maybe it'll be like HGSS were you can travel between Kanto and Johto but in this case Alola and Sinnoh. Also something I noticed, in the original Sun and Moon game s you could access a alternate dimension with Solgaleo or Lunala. Maybe this game expands on that?

20. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I woke up this morning and BOOM! There was no more wondering what was going on while I was asleep because it's now literally unavoidable (which is a good thing for me I guess). I honestly was not expecting a game in Alola so soon, or for it to be on the 3ds. I'm looking forward to finding out more about these games, but for now I'm not super hyped about it. Sinnoh remakes will come eventually it's just not their time yet.