1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 7 Pokemon UltraSun or Pokemon UltraMoon?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Morgaine, Jun 6, 2017.

?

UltraSun or UltraMoon

1. UltraSun

23.1%
  2. UltraMoon

34.6%
  3. Both

34.6%
  4. Neither

7.7%
  1. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    gonna get ultramoon, bc i got Pokémon moon when it came out. it'd bother me if i didn't have the same version.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    I just might just stick with Moon. I'm too used to it now, Plus I did the same thing in the black and white series.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'll probably buy both like I always do, which one I'll play first I'll decide based on version the exclusive pokémon.

4. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    I'm not 100% sure which I'm going for. I'm leaning towards Ultra moon since I played Moon but I also have 3 Lunala in my Moon version so I'm not sure.

5. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I like to wait until more information about the differences between versions before making my final decision. Based off of what we know so far, probably Ultra Moon since I got Sun, that way I can get a Lunala without having to trade. Unless they're still doing the time difference thing, in which case I might go with Ultra Sun and just trade for Lunala.

6. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I love Lunala so much. I'll probably just go with Moon again. Not that it matters much since they actually give you the opportunity to get both by trading since they give you another Cosmog. Depending on the story, maybe I will go with Sun if I think it would be more cinematic with Solgaleo.

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I tend to play a lot more on my Moon file during the day as I am liking the night time a lot. It still comes down to the Version exclusives though.

8. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Ultra Moon, since I've already played Sun. Also, Ultra Lunala is too much to resist awww the cutie :) Plus, a simple time reset on my DS and I don't have to play in the dark!
    #MissingNo

9. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I'm going to get both because they would complement the two games I already have.

10. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Yeah, I have both games (SM) as well, but I think i am going to keep it at one this time. Just want to know about the version exclusives. But they are really keeping their mouth shut this time.

11. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I stopped caring about version exclusive Pokémon back in White when I discovered how wonderful the GTS is. Now I can just trade for any Pokémon I want and even get them from other countries and other languages.

12. Aewynessa

Pidgey
    (Pidgey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽219.4
    Staff of VerityCrown of ValorBig Nugget ★★★★★
    I'm going to be the oddball here and say that I'm probably not going to get either of them. I'm happy where I am with just having Pokémon Moon, and I'm saving up for some other games that I've been wanting to get my hands on for a long while.

I may end up getting them in the far future, but for now, I don't think I am. I hope you guys enjoy whichever copies you'll get. I'm sure they'll both be great, regardless of version exclusives.

13. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    That's a pretty good point. Especially with version exclusives, there are always people wanting to trade for those, so they're pretty easy to come by.

14. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I think I'm going to get either both or just Ultra Sun. When BW2 came out I already had White, so I ended up getting Black 2 when it came out. That way you get a different version, but also a whole new experience!

15. Kiyase

Kiyase Sailor

Etain
    (Growlithe)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.7
    Poké Ball ★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I think I might end up getting both. Usually I get one version when it gets released, and then the other one at Christmas. If that doesn't happen, I'll most likely get Ultra Sun first.

16. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I have Moon so I might want Ultra Sun, but it would bother me if I didn't have Ultra Moon to match my original game! Then again, I'm not such a fan of playing in the dark all the time...I mean, I could set my DS clock back, but I think that would be a little confusing later on.

17. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I don't think I'll end up getting any of them. I really don't have enough information, and I have no idea how similar the two games will be. I feel like there isn't too much of a difference right now.

If they do end up being better and more different, probably end up getting Sun so then I could get that exclusive legendary (since I had Moon before).

If they do the same thing that they did with Black and White 2 though, I'd get Moon.

18. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I'll be getting both of them. Already set aside the money and will order it on Amazon

19. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I'm planning to get both - Ultra Sun because I have Sun so if it's a BW-BW2 type of story I wanna keep going where I left off. Ultra Moon because I chose Sun and I was wrong, except about Alolan Vulpix and Midday Lycanroc

20. flareon71

Legegg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽392.1
    Ultra Moon.
    That robot bat though.
    Nuff said.