1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Wants You to Fix their Games

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by SyWry, Jun 3, 2020.

1. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Hello everyone. The past Pokémon games have been rather controversial for many reasons and this controversy is starting to seriously cost Pokémon customers, and supporters. So, what do you think Pokémon needs to do to fix the issues? What are the ideas that you can come up with to make Pokémon great again? The things you suggest can be anything from small tweaks to the Pokémon meta, or design, to big overarching changes in the entire flow of the game or even a change in genre. Whatever idea you feel will bring Pokémon to greater heights is fair game. So, will you help fix Pokémon?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    PoserPanda likes this.
  2. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    If I were to fix Pokémon, I would start with the age of the protagonist. The first three choices would be between child, teen, and adult. If necessary, there can be cosmetics for even older Pokémon players. Or a simple age slider could change the way that the player is referred to in the game. I wouldn't mind a height slider as well, just to make things a little more involved. I personally don't like playing as a small child, especially when the player is supposed to represent me. I'm nearly thirty, and wouldn't mind playing a character that at least sort of resembles my age group. It would make more sense to put in my birthday, because my avatar reflects how old I am. That way I'm not some tiny child in a Pokémon game, who's profile says that they're far above the age of a teenager. It's just weird for me.

Along the lines of aging, I wouldn't mind picking an adventure based on my age. This would take a lot more time in game development, and it's probably too much of a stretch for one game, but I think this might interest a few people. The choices I would like to be added, are things such as being able to choose what kind of person I am, in the game itself. [My idea would most likely fit better in a massive online role-play game, so keep that in mind.] Choosing to be a trainer or a professor will make for different play styles of the same basic game.Perhaps in the beginning of the game, players get to take a test that shows how much they know about Pokémon. Maybe they're really into the status information of a Pokémon for battling, or they're exceptionally skilled at 'Who's that Pokémon?'. This can help pick what kind of game they're going to play. Much like how each Mystery Dungeon starts out. And there could still be an option to play the game regardless of what you scored. But for those who picked that, they would be placed in a world with other players who picked the same option. It'd be a server choice at that point. I think that is the kind of gameplay for Pokémon that I really want. I desire an ARK version of Pokémon. Much like the un-official Minecraft Pokémon. Imagine joining a server based on your test results, (or not, depending on the server hosts' discretion.) and playing with to-scale Pokémon online, at all times, with other players.
    ARK up my Pokémon!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I would like it if the games gave a little bit more focus on the plot. I think it would be cool if there was a game where your character was a grunt for the villains, and throughout the game you make your way up the ranks of the villain team until you're high enough up to take down the group from the inside. Have it be character based, where at first your characters loyalties are completely towards the group, but as you get higher up and see more of what your group does, you start to slowly shift your loyalties.
    And I think it would be kinda cool if in the main part of the game you're only able to catch brand new Pokémon that hadn't been in any previous generations, and it's not until the endgame can you find other Pokémon from previous games.

WavePearl likes this.
  4. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    If I were given the opportunity to fix Pokémon, I would steer it in two directions. One series of games where the best description would be Pokémon: breath of the wild. That zelda game basically nailed everything that would have made Pokémon amazing, just change the monsters to Pokémon and boom, best Pokémon game. All the pokeballs and items have to be crafted, Pokémon just spawn like enemies in that game. It would really make rare Pokémon feel rare. I just hate seeing Pokémon constantly try to reinvent the wheel with their new games (wild area) when they already previously invented it and perfected it.

The other direction I would take it in is a story driven aspect. Many RPG's live and die on their plot, but Pokémon is the one RPG that can get away with a weak plot. That doesn't mean it should. What makes RPG's really good and fun are story driven narrative and ROLE PLAYING in the GAME. I'd hire great writers, (because game freak sure doesn't have any) and work out a linear story driven experience that would make Pokémon great again. As for gameplay changes in this version, I think you could do a xenobalde chronicles, where battle are real time with auto fight functionality, then have moves or specials that you can call out to your Pokémon. This would make Pokémon a lot more dynamic in fights and you could add more special features like calling a Pokémon to dodge a bad attack. I would also expand the move-pool you can use in battle to be larger than 4. I would also try to make the world more intractable with you and your Pokémon outside of battle. Things like psychic types being able to move boulders, or light platforming that you Pokémon can help you with. Things that would make the Pokémon with you feel more alive. I would also probably soft reboot the Pokémon, ditch everything made up until now and make a region with entirely new Pokémon and focus heavily on making these Pokémon highly intractable. These are my ideas

And also Pokémon Conquest 2