1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon you adore, but never use

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Morgaine, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    There are a lot of Pokémon and you can't possibly use them all in the various playthroughs that you do. But what is one Pokémon you absolutely adore, but never managed to use in-game?

For me it is Flygon. Somehow I have never used it in-game, aside from training one up for the Pokédex.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE joltik but I've never used one in a play through. =S

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Pretty much any Pokémon with only one form. I just prefer to capture Pokémon I can actually evolve. And yes, that does mean I prefer not to use most legendary Pokémon. I will always use my master ball on the main one, but I'll never use it, at least not anymore. Back when I was just starting out, I would use legendaries in some vain attempt to make the elite 4 easier. It never worked as well as I hoped. (I also avoid Pokémon that evolve by trading. Never liked that concept)

#3 Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  4. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Zebstrika. I loved using it early on in the Unova games, but I saw that it was starting to lose its use by the time Skyla was defeated.

Meowstic.

I’ve also never used a Hydreigon or Tyranitar during a play through, except during post-game stuff even though they are my favorite pseudos.

5. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Vikavolt. Always wanted to have one, but considering it evolves so damn late in the game, I don’t think I could ever achieve that... but now that it’s post game, maybe I can!

6. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Eevee. Can’t ever find it anywhere, and yet I still have an Umbreon that my sister found. She gave me an Eevee and I evolved it in Ultra Moon. Other than that, I can’t find them anywhere in Ultra. I have like, eight million Umbreons in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (I have both)

7. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Wippor line. In none of the Pokémon games I have and actually play does Wippor appear, last I checked. (I mean, Quagsire appears late-game in X, but eh.)

8. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Araquanid, Arcanine, Hawlucha, and a lot more. But most of my favorites are my favorites BECAUSE I used them in a game.

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Probably Joltik, that little thunder tick is adorable but I can't recall using it more than once despite me liking its line and typing.

10. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    If we talk about Valor battle, I adore my Cleffa a lot but never used it in any battles. Its my first Pokémon that hatched from an odd egg. But I'm going to use it in my upcoming battle.

11. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I try hard to use every Pokémon that I like in my playthroughs, but often poor Pikachu ends up left on the back-burner...

12. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    actually a couple, like Furret, i like its shiny form but never evr use it.
    or the bear in SM,
    there a re tons I like but neve ruse, though

13. That Weirdd Guy

That Weirdd Guy PKMN Breeder

Buddy
    (Sableye)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    I love Hoothoot and Noctowl, but even in play throughs on gen 2 it is essentially just a flyer that never enters a battle. It is not a great battler, but I still love them!

14. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Ampharos :’) it’s not my favorite anyway so it doesn’t bother me that I don’t use it. However, I will always have a special place in my heart for this weird sheep,kangaroo, lighthouse creature

15. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    I find the one I'm not using at the moment is a Noibat that I caught in the new USUM. It's good for a time and then becomes weak for a while

16. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Dewgong! It's such a gorgeous mon and I love it... but it is just so lackluster overall. Has meh overall stats and a poor quality move set. I really hope one day it get's some sort of buff.

Seel tend to be found late in most playthroughs, so by the time I find one, there isn't much incentive to use and train one.

17. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    So many good Pokémon that never get picked. Poor things.

18. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Would you be surprised if I said Glaceon? Glaceon and Froslass. Ice types are my favorite types, but they are also the weakest type. I love Glaceon but I never use it because its not the best ice type and because its an ice type it kinda sucks. The reason I don't use Froslass is because its like glass. I trained up a Froslass as a potential team member before realizing that Froslass's main method for getting knock outs is destiny bond.

19. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I haven't used Pidgeot in a long time. I thought I would when it was given a mega, but I just never got around to it. When I started replaying blue version, I found out I actually prefer Fearow's moveset in the earlier games.

20. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I love Bellossom as I adore its design. However, I never really get the chance to use it because it was hard to get a Sun Stone and it didn't learn Petal Blizzard by level up in previous games until you had a Gloom learn it at a high level.