1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon you like that everyone else hates

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by nduns, Aug 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Yeah, I think it's safe to say we've all come across those Pokémon that everyone labels as either 'ugly' or 'stupid' but we didn't really see anything wrong with. What are some Pokémon where people really hate their designs but you honestly don't have a problem with them? I'll list a few of mine:

Drilbur- Yes, it does look kind of, um, derpy, but I also think it looks kind of cool/cute, plus at least Drilbur looks like a mole and has a design that looks like work went into it, right Diglet?
    Diglet: *Sheds tear* Diglet...
    Oh, I can't dislike you! *Pets Diglet*
    Diglet: ^^ Diglet!
    Barbaracle- It looks like something out of Kinnikuman. I can't help but find that cool.
    Palossand- Am I the only one who actually thought the idea of a sand castle Pokémon was kind of cool?
    (Also, I wound up accidentally posting this three times. Ignore the other two. I'm trying to get them removed
    Edit: Good, the extra threads are gone now. Thanks to whoever took care of that.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  2. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Both the 'shunned' water starters! Poplio and Oshawott are adorable and no one can convince me otherwise.
    Also Chikorita is my all time fave starter so I'm in a minority there too.
    I love Dunsparse but that one is more forgotten than hated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Enasencca likes this.
  3. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Nobody really seemed to like Alolan Persian when it was first revealed. I mean, yeah, it looks like freaking Garfield, but I've always been a sucker for cat Pokémon. Alolan Persian is no exception (Nanu's in particular threw me for a loop over how strong it was, like holy smokes).

4. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Vanilluxe seems to get a lot of hate for its design but I think it's really cute. Togekiss is another Pokémon that tends to get a lot of hate but I also think it's so adorable.

5. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    I seem to be one of the only people that really likes Raichu. Everyone else goes for Pikachu.

6. TheSadUmbreon

Rose Quartz
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽18.5
    Oddish it's cute but yeah a little Derby
    Marill just because it's not what people expected it to be they call it useless it's not useless and it's cute
    oh and I like Raichu

7. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Chansey and Blissey for me. It just seems like no one really likes these two. I think they are just the cutest things!

8. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I like Klingklang. Fite me.

9. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Me too.

Anyway, Probopass and Bronzong never get any love, but they're great Pokémon!

Anubis the Lucario likes this.
  10. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Thanks to @Mandriel and her awesome Zubat drawings, I am officially a Zubat fan! I know everyone hates them because they attack you all the time in caves, but they're kind of cute!

11. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I have to go with the Telig family. I don't get all the dislike about it's design.

Sure it's another fire/fighting type, but I love it's look and description. Says that it's tough on the outside while really caring for its allies, even if it doesn't show it.

12. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I actually like Zubat, I took the time to train one and as a Crobat he is a slayer of legends-
    Also, I really like the Vanillite line! They're super useful in BW against Drayden/Iris. Patrat, I also love. When everyone was calling it weird and creepy, I decided to catch one and level her up into a powerful Watchog :> and then I restarted my game

13. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I'm flattered that I've had such an influence on you :P

But yeah no, I love my zubats. I never even cared that they're so common, they're adorable!

Wings likes this.
  14. LilyNadesico

LilyNadesico Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽16.3
    I really, really like Bibarel. What's not to like about the chubby, fluffy, derpy beaver? :D

15. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Klefki.

The general consensus is that its a keychain Pokémon, so its automatically dumb because its based off of an inanimate object, but if people can love the Magnemite line, then I can like Klefki.

Plus I generally love mons with Prankster, so yea.

16. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    I ADORE the Popplio and Snivy line, and anyone who says otherwise can fight me! (Just kidding, please don't beat me into a pulp)

Also I actually really like Infernape, the lesser one of the Sinnoh starter trio. I had one in my first playthrough of Diamond and he was a complete and utter Tank.

17. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Tepig line, Zubat line, Bidoof
    [​IMG]
    seriously who can say no to this cutie? :3

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  18. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Hey, I am exactly the same here. Also adding Raichu to the list.

19. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Popplio, Popplio, POPPLIO!!! Whoever can hate on the adorableness of this blue seal, I dare you to stare into it's face and stay mad. I DARE you.
    Shedinja is known to be annoying, but I find it haunting and sad. And trolling is fun XD
    Caterpie is excellent. Don't agree? Go read @oghond 's PokeCountries fic. I guarantee you will like Caterpie afterwards.
    #MissingNo

20. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Yes, please go read it if you haven't already!!

I like Popplio, too. It's my favorite Pokémon.

GiratinaMissingNo likes this.