1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    We noticed you aren't logged in, and we'd absolutely love for you to join us by clicking Sign Up! Lake Valor is a Pokémon community dedicated to bringing fans together. You can catch Pokémon, take them on an adventure through the site by levelling them up and even evolve them. There's something for everyone at Lake Valor. Best of all - signing up is free! We hope to see you join us. If you already have an account, then login and start discussing!
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon You Thought Was From Another Gen

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by UnstoppableGamer, Oct 11, 2017.

1. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~
    VIP

64%
    Local Time:
    11:38 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽663
    Battle Points:
    ★2
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Anyone else have this happen to them? I used to think that Skarmory was Gen 3, most likely due to Steven. I felt like my entire life was a lie when I found one in Silver and Crystal. On the contrary, I'm fairly certain I believed Roselia was gen 2.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

29%
    Local Time:
    10:38 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13
    Battle Points:
    ★11
    Black Glasses ★★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Soothe Bell ★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I used to think Whismur was from gen 2, mostly because of Coliseum. I was so young and ignorant back then. XD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ❀Bloom❀

Supporter

63%
    Local Time:
    9:38 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽309
    Battle Points:
    ★17
    Heart Scale ★★
    Same! Though my reason for thinking Skarmory is from Gen3 is because they can be found in the route next to Fallarbor Town with the ash grass. In Silver not many trainers used Skarmory and they seemed to be much more challenging to find... so much so I forgot they were even in the game!

I think some other Pokémon I mix up are Bonsly and Mime Jr. They were in the Gen3 anime before Sinnoh was a thing, so it sometimes slips my mind.

4. JukeboxJukain

JukeboxJukain Ya Boi Goozma
    VIP

58%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13
    Battle Points:
    ★1
    Jaw Fossil ★★★Razz Berry ★★Bicycle ★★
    I thought Wyanut and Wobbuffet were both Gen 3 when I first played Sapphire because of the Wynaut egg you received in Lavidge Town. XD Same goes for the Marill Line with Azurill.

5. Shadria

Shadria Pokémon Professor

6%
    Local Time:
    11:38 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7
    Battle Points:
    ★7
    Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★Soothe Bell ★
    I thought Slugma and Skarmory were from Gen 3 because they were so easy to find there as compared to G/S/C. Thought Tarorus was from Gen 2 as a male only partner to Miltank.

6. Mandriel

Mandriel Pokémon Professor

82%
    Local Time:
    3:38 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽199
    Battle Points:
    ★21
    Dragon Fang ★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    This happened to me quite a lot when I was younger. I thought Yanma was from gen 4 due to it getting an evolution in that generation. I also thought Chansey was from that generation since the first time I ever saw one was when I played Pearl. I also thought Sneasel belonged to gen 4... Come to think of it, I thought a lot of Pokémon came from that generation.

Additionally, I thought Miltank and the Ledyba line came from gen 3 (don't ask, I don't have an answer).

7. vaporwave

vaporwave Always Confused
    VIP

74%
    Local Time:
    12:38 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽100
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    I seriously thought Blissey was from gen 4. I was astonished when I found out it came out in gen 2.

8. nduns

nduns Pokémon Professor

49%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    I, too, forgot Yanma was gen 2. I also thought Slugma was gen 3.

9. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Amourshipper
    VIP

14%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽110
    Battle Points:
    ★1
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I sometimes think that Dusknoir is from Gen3 for some reason and Sneasal and Weavile came out during the same generation

10. PokemonFan26

PokemonFan26 Black Belt

62%
    Local Time:
    2:38 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71
    Battle Points:
    ★6
    I thought that Lucario was from Gen 3 because of the movie (Mystery of Mew), and eventally found out it was gen 4 onwards. The movies also screwed up my thought with Latios & Latias, little me thought they were gen 2.

11. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King
    Social Team Supporter

98%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽50
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    I thought Ho-Oh was a gen 1 Pokémon because it was in the very first episode XD

12. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Ace Trainer

72%
    Local Time:
    4:38 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Ooh, I'm glad everyone thought skarm was from gen 3 too. I thought I was the only one,i felt so stupid when I learned it was from gen 2 (This is all your fault Route next to meteorfalls)

I've never really payed attention to when a mon came out, But encountering skarm in gen 2 had me taken aback, as if my whole world just fell down.

I used to think baltoy was gen 2

13. JukeboxJukain

JukeboxJukain Ya Boi Goozma
    VIP

58%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13
    Battle Points:
    ★1
    Jaw Fossil ★★★Razz Berry ★★Bicycle ★★
    Half the time I forget that Sneasel didn't evolve into Weavile until Gen 4. >_> Unlike evos like Magmortar, Dusknoir, or Magnezone, which have distinctly "Gen 4 Vibes" in terms of design, I can definitely see Weavile being part of Gen 2.

14. Raziere

Raziere Tuber

20%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    I once thought Marill was gen 1 since Tracey had it. turns out its gen 2.