1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Sign Up to begin your journey. Catch, train, and evolve wild Pokemon while you explore Lake Valor.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
A Pokémon appeared!

What will you do?

CATCH

Pokemon You Thought Was From Another Gen

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by UnstoppableGamer, Oct 11, 2017.

1. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~
    VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽671
    Battle Points:
    ★6
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Anyone else have this happen to them? I used to think that Skarmory was Gen 3, most likely due to Steven. I felt like my entire life was a lie when I found one in Silver and Crystal. On the contrary, I'm fairly certain I believed Roselia was gen 2.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast
    VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽15
    Battle Points:
    ★16
    Black Glasses ★★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Soothe Bell ★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I used to think Whismur was from gen 2, mostly because of Coliseum. I was so young and ignorant back then. XD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ❀Bloom❀

❀Bloom❀ zzzzzz
    Moderator Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽267
    Battle Points:
    ★27
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Same! Though my reason for thinking Skarmory is from Gen3 is because they can be found in the route next to Fallarbor Town with the ash grass. In Silver not many trainers used Skarmory and they seemed to be much more challenging to find... so much so I forgot they were even in the game!

I think some other Pokémon I mix up are Bonsly and Mime Jr. They were in the Gen3 anime before Sinnoh was a thing, so it sometimes slips my mind.

4. JukeboxJukain

JukeboxJukain Ya Boi Goozma
    VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽12
    Battle Points:
    ★3
    Black Glasses ★★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Razz Berry ★★Bicycle ★★
    I thought Wyanut and Wobbuffet were both Gen 3 when I first played Sapphire because of the Wynaut egg you received in Lavidge Town. XD Same goes for the Marill Line with Azurill.

5. Shadria

Shadria Moderator
    Moderator VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽37
    Battle Points:
    ★7
    Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★Soothe Bell ★
    I thought Slugma and Skarmory were from Gen 3 because they were so easy to find there as compared to G/S/C. Thought Tarorus was from Gen 2 as a male only partner to Miltank.

Gwoomy likes this.
  6. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Veteran

PokéPoints:
    ₽70
    Battle Points:
    ★21
    Dragon Fang ★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    This happened to me quite a lot when I was younger. I thought Yanma was from gen 4 due to it getting an evolution in that generation. I also thought Chansey was from that generation since the first time I ever saw one was when I played Pearl. I also thought Sneasel belonged to gen 4... Come to think of it, I thought a lot of Pokémon came from that generation.

Additionally, I thought Miltank and the Ledyba line came from gen 3 (don't ask, I don't have an answer).

7. vaporwave

vaporwave Always Confused
    VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽156
    Battle Points:
    ★1
    I seriously thought Blissey was from gen 4. I was astonished when I found out it came out in gen 2.

8. nduns

nduns Valor Veteran

PokéPoints:
    ₽4
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    I, too, forgot Yanma was gen 2. I also thought Slugma was gen 3.

9. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Amourshipper
    VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽182
    Battle Points:
    ★1
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I sometimes think that Dusknoir is from Gen3 for some reason and Sneasal and Weavile came out during the same generation

10. PokemonFan26

PokemonFan26 Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽300
    Battle Points:
    ★11
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    I thought that Lucario was from Gen 3 because of the movie (Mystery of Mew), and eventally found out it was gen 4 onwards. The movies also screwed up my thought with Latios & Latias, little me thought they were gen 2.

11. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King
    Social Team Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽28
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    I thought Ho-Oh was a gen 1 Pokémon because it was in the very first episode XD

12. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽23
    Battle Points:
    ★4
    Ooh, I'm glad everyone thought skarm was from gen 3 too. I thought I was the only one,i felt so stupid when I learned it was from gen 2 (This is all your fault Route next to meteorfalls)

I've never really payed attention to when a mon came out, But encountering skarm in gen 2 had me taken aback, as if my whole world just fell down.

I used to think baltoy was gen 2

13. JukeboxJukain

JukeboxJukain Ya Boi Goozma
    VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽12
    Battle Points:
    ★3
    Black Glasses ★★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Razz Berry ★★Bicycle ★★
    Half the time I forget that Sneasel didn't evolve into Weavile until Gen 4. >_> Unlike evos like Magmortar, Dusknoir, or Magnezone, which have distinctly "Gen 4 Vibes" in terms of design, I can definitely see Weavile being part of Gen 2.

14. Raziere

Raziere Tuber

PokéPoints:
    ₽38
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    I once thought Marill was gen 1 since Tracey had it. turns out its gen 2.

15. Zero Sifr

Zero Sifr Maverick Hunter
    Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽17
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    To this day, I don't know which generation Corsola and Chimecho arrive in: 2 or 3 for each. I'm sure I've looked up each just to satisfy that question for myself dozens of times, but I just can't commit it to memory.

There are probably a few Gen 6 and 7 Pokémon that I might get their generations mixed up also, since I still haven't adventured in Kalos or Alola, so I'm just going on proxy recognition for each. Come on Ultra games, arrive and let me fix half of this problem...

16. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

PokéPoints:
    ₽374
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    For the longest time, I thought Chansey was from Gen 4, along with Yanma. Damn you, Gen 4, with all your new and confusing evolutions.
    #MissingNo

17. MarineAurora

MarineAurora Lady of the Floof
    SuperMod Patron

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,206
    Battle Points:
    ★4
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Seems that I am joining in on the confusion on Skarmory, I too thought it was gen 3. Another I constantly confused was, weirdly enough, Teddyursa and Ursaring, I thought they were gen 3 as well.

18. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Go Gogoat!
    Admin Social Team

PokéPoints:
    ₽438
    Battle Points:
    ★434
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I didn't know shuppet was gen 3 :O I thought it was a gen 2 Pokémon for sure. I also do forget weavile was not introduced with sneasel!

19. Wolf Expert

VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽16
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Philosopher's CowlPoké Doll ★★Soothe Bell ★Amulet Coin ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I get a lot of gen 2 Pokémon confused with gen 1. I didn't see much of the anime back when it was on gen 2 and gold/silver/crystal incorporated a lot of gen 1 Pokémon too, to the point of having Kanto an Johto connected. Also I was like 5-6 years old when I first played them. For some reason Slugma is a Pokémon I regularly thought was a gen 1 Pokémon. The baby Pokémon that are connected with gen 1 Pokémon used to confuse me too.

The Marill line is a weird one. A lot of the baby Pokémon were introduced in gen 2, but Azurill was introduced in gen 3. I don't think I've seen an Azumarill in gen 2 before, but they were originally from gen 2. For the longest time I didn't know what Azurill's deal was, but I thought Azumarill was added in gen 3 since I had one on my Emerald team.