1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon you thought were Legendaries but they weren't!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by OzoneFruit, Oct 16, 2017.

1. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Game Freak has done stuff more than once to trick us into maaaaaybe thinking a non-Legendary Pokémon is actually a legend. Whether it's a theme in a game, or a movie featuring a new Pokémon, what are some times you were fooled into thinking something was Legendary?

For me, it was Unown. The third Pokémon movie got me all hyped up about their mystical runic powers, and then when I saw them in the game, I was like, "Holy crap, these things are terrible in battle LOL" XD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Same for me, haha. X'D I used to think Unown were supposed to be super powerful based on the movie. Now I know they're one of the most useless Pokémon ever.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    FireSpartan5 and OzoneFruit like this.
  3. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Yeeeeep, went from me feeling hyped as heck to catch the alphabet to me going "Wait, what?" I mean, I still caught them all for the heck of it, but there should be something cool with them! Now that I think about it, I have to go back to my Z Move thread...

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  4. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    When Lucario was first introduced during the Hoenn anime movie (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew). I assumed it was going to be a legendary for the next generation. Riolu was never mentioned, so I thought it was going to be a legendary like Mew since it had a movie dedicated to it. The same situation gave me impressions that Zorua and Zoroark would be legendary Pokémon as well but nope.

5. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Oh yah, when I first saw the Lucario movie, I thought it would be a pretty powerful Pokémon. Maybe not a full-n Legend, but maybe the pseudo of the new generation. or maybe even one of the Mythicals! Regardless, I thought it was a pretty cool mon! :)

6. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    For a while I thought Lapras was a Legendary. But nope.

7. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    *points at Arcanine* :annoyed:

Wicked3DS and OzoneFruit like this.
  8. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Heheh, just remembered that its Pokédex entry literally calls it "The Legendary Pokémon" XD

9. Knightmare

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽214.5
    Zoroark xD all the hype and talks about him and the movie.. Totally fooled me -w-;

10. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    At least Zoroark is still pretty cool-looking AND a decent battler! ...Unlike Unown XD

11. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I remember thinking that Rotom was legendary in Diamond and Pearl. You could only get one, and you had to go to the TV after doing a specific set of events, very Mewtwo like. I think it even has it's own theme, though I never caught that. Turns out it can breed (Despite being genderless) and is just another Pokémon. Which is better really.

12. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Rotom, they made such a cool thing around it buttttt it was just a normal Pokémon

13. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Like the last two, Rotom. Kinda glad it isn’t, though.

14. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Also thought Unown and Rotom were legendaries. Doesn't help that Rotom is in one set location, has the Legendary Battle theme, and the Prima Official Game Guide had Rotom with the 'Legendary' information box in the post-game book/Pokédex.

15. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Ikr? GameFreak, make your mind up about Rotom, yer confusin' everyone here X_X

16. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Maybe it is considered a pseudo-legendary Pokémon, like Phione? I mean they hyped it up like a legend but tossed it aside like a weak randomon

17. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Oh boy, tbh half the time I forget Phione is a thing actually >_> Sorry little Phione! But you're totally overshadowed by Manaphy... T_T

Cadbberry likes this.
  18. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Yeah, Unown is the big one. I remember being so excited when I caught one... only to remove it from my team after one battle with it.

19. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I always thought Volcarona is a Legendary because you could find it in the Relic Castle and it was on level 70. (Pokémon Black and White.)

20. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Same.