1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

(Poll) Favorite worst Final evolved fire type starter?!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by BluetailsTheBuizel, Nov 17, 2017.

?

Which Pokémon are your favorites?

1. Emboar

8.1%
  2. Delphox

37.8%
  3. Incineroar

24.3%
  4. Infernape

43.2%
  5. Typlosion

54.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BluetailsTheBuizel

Legendary Egg
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Oran Berry ★★
    I can't believe that the fire type starters are the most hated out of the 3 starters. Even the alolen fire type starter final evolved form is disappointing. So I decided to make a poll on what fire type final evolved starter do you like the most. You can also discuss about the starters here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I'm not the biggest fan of the fire type in general, but I agree that the fire starters' final evos get more hate than they should. I actually don't have anything against any of them, they all have fairly interesting designs and work well for what they are. That being said, Typhlosion is the only starter that I prefer over the Grass and Water ones of the same Gen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    BluetailsTheBuizel likes this.
  3. BluetailsTheBuizel

Legendary Egg
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Oran Berry ★★
    Oops, should have removed typlosion from the poll... :p

4. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Typhlosion and Blaziken are the only ones I really like. Blaziken is so overuse though that I'm not too sure about it anymore.

I think the reason there's been so much hate towards the fire starters is because so many have been fire-fighting. I remember how paranoid people were leading up to Sun and Moon's reveal of the starter's evolutions. Litten looked like it would be a dark type, and so did its second stage. I saw a post once of someone who had edited scotch tape onto Torracat's paws with the post, "please stay on four feet!" Then the final evolutions of all three of the starters were leaked and there was just this wave of dread because it was obviously based on a wrestler, followed by a sigh of relief when it was finally confirmed to still be a dark type. It still has the fighting type aesthetic though.

5. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I agree. Overuse of Fire-Fighting type has tarnished the Fire starter for me. I'm hoping that for Gen 8, we can get a four-footed...anything. That isn't Fire-Fighting.
    Can I vote for Charizard for being massively overrated and overhyped?
    #MissingNo

6. BluetailsTheBuizel

Legendary Egg
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Oran Berry ★★
    Why do you guys think Pokémon fans only like blazikin as their fire fighting type and after that, started pleading to game freak from not making another fire fighting type again? I think this is insane that after they did something awesome, they not be able to do it again.

Do you think that game freak will prove themselves to make fire types starters a good choice again?

7. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    I was kinda annoyed when I played Pokémon Black and my favourite Pokémon turned into another Fire-Fighting starter. I do kinda like the mini-troll Game Freak did with Incineroar though.

8. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Honestly, I think the only problem was Emboar. Charizard was awesome, Typhlosion was simple, but likable, Blaziken was awesome, Infernape was awesome, and the same type combo didn't get annoying until Emboar. Delphox, although not a personal favorite of mine, is only disliked because Greninja is so much more popular. Incineroar is perfectly fine by me. I really like it, it's just that people were mad that it looks like a fighting type. The irony is that Tepig is my favorite in its base form. Oh well.

9. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I love, and have chosen, the Fire starter every generation. The sole exception is Emboar; Tepig is cute, but I dislike the Gen-5 Pokémon in general and Emboar is especially unfortunate. If it had stayed on all-fours and had a different sub-type, I imagine it would have been better-received.

Also, I feel like another reason Incineroar is unpopular (the first because it's "yet another" bipedal Fire starter, which is silly because ALL of them have been bipedal) is because Pokémon has been super-hyping the meme-owl (seriously, if you follow the Pokémon Twitter, out of ten posts, 8 will have at least Pikachu, 5 will have meme-owl, 3 will have actual game/anime info, and 1 will have at least one of the other starters - usually in addition to meme-owl...).

#9 Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  10. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    My favorite starter will always be Torchic, because I really like Blaziken and apparently I'm not alone in that opinion. Still, others are right, some fire type starters have really flopped. I never liked Tepig, through all its forms, and while I don't really mind Litten it's just not that appealing, and neither was Incineroar. I have nothing against Infernape - in fact, I rather like it - but it'll never be a favorite of mine.

11. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Infernape, it's not a cute monkey at all.

12. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    I'd have to go with Infernape.

13. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Cyndaquil is adorable and Typhlosion is awesome. And no one will convince me otherwise. If it weren't for Treecko, Cyndaquil would definitely be my favorite starter! :)

14. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    Incinceroar gets a lot of hate for its wrestler theme and for being yet another bipedal final evolution, but it's genuinely one of my favorite Pokémon, period. Aside from the big yaoi hands, maybe, I have no beefs with its design whatsoever. I actually think it's a lot more interesting as is than it would have been as a plain ol' quadrupedal Fire-type tiger. We already have a lot of quadrupedal feline Pokémon, so I don't really understand why some people find the fact that it walks on two legs so disappointing. Though, my second favorite Fire-type final is Typhlosion.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  15. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I really like Infernape. Part of that might be due to bias since it was my first starter, but I really do like its design. I never had a problem with all the fire/fighting starters, so that's never tarnished my opinion of them. The only designs I really have a problem with are Emboar and Incineroar, and I don't even hate them. Emboar just looks weird because its face is on fire and Incineroar's bipedal wrestler design is completely unexpected coming from its pre-evolutions.

16. BluetailsTheBuizel

Legendary Egg
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Oran Berry ★★
    When I first saw Incineroar, I flinched by the inmitating look. Incineroar is scary...

17. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I like most of the fully evolved Fire-type starters. The only one I'm not really keen on is Delphox, and that's only because it looks awkward in-game and has huge tufts of hair growing out of its ears that just looks silly. Anyway, my two favourites are Incineroar Blaziken.
    If I had to order them from fave to least fave it would look something like this
    - Incineroar and Blaziken (tied)
    - Typhlosion
    - Infernape
    - Charizard
    - Emboar
    - Delphox

18. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I really don't like Charizard, nor Emboar. My favorite of the bunch is actually tied between Typhlosion and Delphox.

19. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Really, I like them all, except poor emboar. My top two picks though would be Infernape and Blaziken(although I did dislike blaziken mask). Blaziken to me is a power house of a Pokémon being able to land some powerful hits and learning some good fire moves that the others don't. Infernape to me seems like the true fire fighting type since it learns a variety of fighting type moves along with its usual fire moves. I prefer Blaziken when I want a fire type and I prefer Infernape when I want a fighting type.

20. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    there is actually only a couple final evo fire types that I don't like
    anyways for my 2 favorite ones it would be Typhlosion and Blaziken

the only 2 I don't like are Emboar and Incineroar