1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Nintendo POLL - Would you rather get Mario Kart 9 or Nintendo Kart next?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by DuoM2, Jan 12, 2022.

?

Which?

1. Mario Kart 9

2. Nintendo Kart

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    This is an argument that's been ongoing on Twitter over the course of several days. Mario Kart 8 has dipped into the idea of making characters from other series playable, and I would imagine this is going to continue into the next full Mario Kart game. The crossover characters were all very well-received, and they doubled down on this by adding even more to 8 Deluxe. A recent article claiming that the next Mario Kart game is in the works has prompted some people to share their opinion that Nintendo should go all-in on the idea and make Nintendo Kart. Others, however, would prefer if they stuck to what Mario Kart 8 did, maybe adding a few more crossover characters but sticking mainly to the Mario branding. Do note that people who want Nintendo Kart mainly hope to see racetracks from other series' locations as well.

Which would you prefer? I'm curious to hear what you guys think, please be as elaborate as you'd like.

2. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,410.7
    Mario Kart Wii. Just a straight port with access to CTGP. Also Gamecube controller compatibility.

I've seen a lot of this discourse, but my opinion isn't strong either way. The Mario Kart franchise isn't a franchise that I particularly like, I just happen to like Wii. If I had to choose, I'd probably go more towards the Mario Kart 9 side simply because I want a greater focus on side Mario/DK characters. If we get another big Nintendo collab in a series, I'd like to see Nintendo take a stab at an RPG instead (that's not to say we couldn't have both). At the very least, I want Mario Kart 9 to just be a fun game.

Man, I just want them add back Diddy Kong. The Diddy exclusion is getting old smh (and seeing Funky again would be quite swell). The Donkey Kong erasure will not be stood for anymore. Did you know that Tropical Freeze initially released nearly eight years ago? WTF NINTENDO I JUST WANT MORE FUNNY MONKEY GAMES IS THAT SO HARD TO ASK??? WE HAVE ALL OF THESE COOL GAMES AND DONKEY KONG IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND, NINTENDO!!!?! WHERE DID HE GO? SPAIN? BRAZIL?? YOU PROBABLY SENT HIM TO BRAZIL YOU EVIL COWARDS!!?!! THE HERESY! THE AUDACITY! THE BLASPHEMY! THE SHEER BOLDNESS OF THIS IDIOTIC TREND! DK! DONKEY KONG! DK! DONKEY KONG ISN'T HERE!

tldr give me more Kongs in Mario Kart thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I personally am just not very on board with the idea of a Nintendo Kart. We alrrady have Smash as an ultimate (no pun inteded) crossover of everything. It's always been Mario Kart, and I'd rather that stay the case. Having a few characters and tracks from other series are cool, but I don't want that to be the focus. I like pure Mario.

But bring back Birdo pls. You did it in Mario Party this proved you still care.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    Personally, I want to see a Nintendo Kart. It can still be mostly focused on Mario and its spin-offs, but I would like to see more Nintendo characters from other series, such as Samus and Captain Falcon, added to the roster.