1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Suggestion Potential point reward systems

Discussion in 'Support Hub' started by guest, Apr 30, 2018.

1. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    Purely suggestions, nothing urgent here but it might be funky cool?? B)

The daily points reward is good, and I'm more than aware that too many point rewards aren't good (I've watched the Gaia online economy spiral into utter chaos lmao) but if they're managed well it shouldn't be an issue. Most ideas are taken from mobile and online gaming systems.

Daily login rewards (low initial reward incremented up to a cap value, possible item/Pokémon reward)
    Consider altering the daily reward (currently set to 5pp/d) to increment for consecutive days of attendance, starting from 1pp/d or 2pp/d (2 might be better considering the price of Pokeballs in the shop is 2pp). Each day increase the reward by 1pp to encourage continued daily activity but cap the total to avoid ridiculous amounts of pp being rewarded later down the line. Maybe stop at 10pp/d or 15pp/d? Alternatively give a pp reward for daily attendance up to set milestones, at which point an item/Pokémon reward could be given (10 days = free ultra ball? Full month = free starter Pokémon of choice? etc).
    Item rewards could also transfer to a holiday item reward system of some kind-- free item/Pokémon for members' birthdays, free Pumpkaboo on Halloween or something w/e..;;

Daily activity rewards
    Could either be the same set of activities every day or a different set of activities each day from a limited pool of activities.
    For set activities each day, things like 'Create 1 thread', 'Post 5 times', 'Purchase an item', 'Like a post' etc, etc. Probably a fairly low reward for each activity since posting already gives points as a reward. Maybe a larger final reward for completing all other daily activities.
    Diverse daily activities allow for more specificity-- 'Create 1 thread in X subforum', 'Make 1 post in 5 different subforums (total 5 posts)', 'Catch X Pokémon'. Catching specific Pokémon might be impossible unless the period was changed from daily to weekly/monthly.

Tutorial rewards
    I haven't experienced the current tutorial so I have no idea what the system is like at the moment but providing a reward for completing the tutorial (either the entire tutorial or each step, greater reward for former and lesser for latter ofc). It would allow new members to comfortably test out the capture system by gathering up enough Pokeballs to catch a few 'mons right away.
    That's all I have for this one oops lol

I can't code so I don't know how feasible these are but BETTER TO SHARE IDEAS THAN KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF INNIT maybe //shrug

Rezna likes this.
  2. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I like the idea, but I doubt they would do that immediately after they changed it to 5pp. :P maybe later along the lines

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...