1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Suggestion PP for winning game events

Discussion in 'Support Hub' started by Rezna, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Sometimes in Discord I see MK8 games going around our LV Discord. And I have participated in our LV games of Uno! So what if we had PP awards for the winners of our Game Tournaments? I know I'd never win, but it would be cool! (Yes, I know earlier we talked about how you have to work for PP, but you have to work to get good at games too, so yeah.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Achromatic likes this.
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    This is something I can answer, since the whole game nights thing was largely my idea.

Game nights are things that people organise to get together and play games (obviously) - and they're intended to be things that anybody can put together, regardless if you're staff or not. The first few game activities were started by staff to get the ball rolling, but the intent is for anybody to pick up and host games that people are interested in. The #games-room channel has been host to all sorts of these gatherings - Uno, Mario Kart 8, Minecraft, Town of Salem, and a few others that I don't remember off the top of my head.

With that said, the game nights are the responsibility of the host to put things together. That is, the host decides how the game nights are carried out, and if there are any goodies to be earned from them. If the game host wants to give out PP rewards to winners or high places, or just feels like being nice, then that is totally fine - but it is the host's prerogative to do so, not an obligation. The idea is to get the LV peeps together and have fun, and that's the primary objective. Anything after that is just how the host decides to set his or her event up.

Pokémist, Rezna and Achromatic like this.