1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pre-orders

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dawn, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Do you pre-order video games that you want before their release?

If so, do you prefer to pre-order in store so you can pick it up on the day, or online so you can have it delivered straight to your doorstep without the fuss? Do you pre-order for the bonuses often included as incentive?

If not, why not? Would you be more inclined to pre-order a video game if doing so would allow you play the game sooner, or earn you bonuses (such as bonus equipment, or small physical items such as keyrings) that you wouldn't get if you purchased it on the day?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Honestly this is a big "it depends" for me. While I enjoy pre-ordering games for the sake of knowing I have them, I try to hold myself back after the whole 3DS situation I was in--the massive price drop after a few months. Generally speaking, I'll only pre-order a game if I know I'll play it a bunch or have looked forward to its release for a fair amount of time (I'm looking at YOU, Kingdom Hearts 3...).

Though smaller perks are nice, they generally don't factor much into my purchase or pre-order because they mean little compared to the actual game in my opinion.

3. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    If I pre-order a game, you know I've put a lot of faith in it. The only games I remember pre-ordering were Pokémon Omega Ruby, NBA 2k16, Fire Emblem Fates (all three), Super Mario Maker and Bravely Second. These all turned out to be a fun time. Pre-order bonuses are always a nice incentive, but they do not impact my decisions to get games in the slightest. Normally I wait until after release to see what the community thinks about games before making a semi-informed opinion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    East likes this.
  4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,658.2
    I only pre-order games if I know for a fact that I want to get them as soon as they come out. The few games that I can think of right now that I've actually pre-ordered are The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (my first pre-order), Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Kingdom Hearts III.

East likes this.
  5. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I can hear the GameStop employees already. I’ll only preorder a game if I’m confident it will be fun and that it will sell out quickly. Otherwise, I’d much rather buy it the day it comes out or wait for a price drop.

6. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    For me it depends on if I'll be able to go and pick it up the day it releases. Most of the time I'm just pre ordering on the digital shop. Saves time and I can go ahead and play right at midnight.

7. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Have you ever considered Amazon's new pre-order tactics? When you pre-purchase the physical copy, they'll have it shipped the day it's released!

8. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    Hmmm.. might have to try it

9. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Pre-orders? I want to pre-order Fire Emblem: The Three Houses (new switch fe game)
    Also off-topic but I might get the switch version of FE Warriors