1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Music Preferred Christmas Songs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HeroofFire101, Nov 14, 2018.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Older Christmas songs

100.0%
  2. Modern Christmas songs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,634.9
    So, I've been wondering: what kind of Christmas Songs you prefer. I know it's not even past Thanksgiving, but I woke up today to a Charlie Brown Christmas Song, and it's been on my mind ever since. What I mean is do you prefer older traditional Christmas songs from like Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra, or the more modern ones from today's music artists. I prefer Christmas songs from the Crooners like Bing Crosby. They just sound more christmasy to me. What's your preference?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Same as you - much preference to the classics. Modern songs (not modern renditions of classic songs, but rather modern songs written by today's vocal artists) have too little class to them.

Instrumentals are awesome, though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    HeroofFire101 likes this.
  3. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,385.6
    I generally like the classical, but man I love Pentatonix's Christmas albums. They are fun, really well done, and have a lot of spirit to them. I'm not a fan of much else modern Christmas music, tho.

4. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Well, I do enjoy modern covers of known Christmas songs, but I feel like most of the new modern Christmas songs just kinda don't feel very Christmasy. I can enjoy them every once and awhile, but I'm definitely more of a fan of the classics.

5. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Pop versions of Christmas songs give me a headache. I much prefer the classics...especially if they're sung with authentic accents. I have this amazing version of Gloucestershire Wassail which is sung by a choir from Gloucestershire, and it's probably my favourite Christmas song. Whilst it's more a New Year song than a Christmas one, Auld Lang Syne sounds best when a Scottish vocalist performs it too, in my opinion.

I love Sir Christopher Lee's Christmas metal albums, too. For three years running he released a new Christmas song every year, and I expect if he hadn't died in 2015 he would have released one that year, too. He had an amazing singing voice - especially considering he was in his nineties at the time! - and the lyrics were fun little twists on classics.

6. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    The Trans Siberian Orchestra is still one of my favorites.

If we're talking broadly, I prefer classics such as Silent Night, Jingle Bells, We Wish You a Merry Christmas. The other versions are indifferent as long as it isn't butchered extensively.

Can't stand the pop modern versions though.

One song that I dearly miss since I don't live in Kansas City anymore is Christmas in Kansas City by Brad Millison. Just another reminder of where I grew up...and Millison passed away some time ago. It's really one of the most calming tracks I've heard.

7. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Pretty much the only Christmas song I like is Carol of the Bells. The one by Trans Siberian Orchestra. I do like some others, classic ones like Jingle Bells, etc. The song I absolutely can’t stand is All I want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey. I hate the amount that I hear it, I hate the lyrics, UGH.

8. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    I'm not a person who can just something just because I want to, but I do have preferences. Older songs, in my opinion, are a lot better than the newer ones, but with advancements, and hopefully an okay generation of singers on the way, maybe modern Xmas/Christmas music might make it to the list. I think an example for me would be This Christmas by Set it Off is an example of the newer ones I like, even if it's on the dark side of music. So, that's a short opinion on music for the season that comes after the Feast.

9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,251.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Pop Chrismas Songs are, I must admit, pretty terrible. I mean, just look at the Annoying Christmas Song thread. Knowing that the Jake Paul Christmas "songs" count as modern also give that option a downvote.
    Personally, I really liked the Nutcracker songs, because instrumentals. (Tea is underrated. I'm saying this because I played it on the piano before.)

10. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Philippine Christmas Songs! Especially Ang Pasko ay Sumapit~